An Analysis of Future Warlock Changes

Warlock
Prev 1 5 6 7 34 Next
The only place Cleansing Waters is legitimately broken in 2v2, which is already de-emphasized. In BGs and 3v3 you generally won't be able to freely spam dispel to keep people alive.

Unless UA silence is removed from DR and made non-dispellable, then Cleansing Waters is most diffinately legitimately broken in BGs.

Eat 6sec of silence, and you get free pass to dispell everything non-stop with DR on silence negating that effect and Cleansing Waters negating much of the UA damage to the point where its easily healable.
You're complaining that UA is down to 3 second silence PLUS the damage, when spriests have currently 0 dot protection(bugged and not in patch notes for fix). QQ more imo..
I always thought if dispelling UA stole 10-15k health from the dispeller and smart healed the lowest health opponent of the dispeller's (warlock or his ally/allies) people wouldnt mindlessly mash the dispel button anymore.
01/10/2011 7:25 PMPosted by Xéqtr
You're complaining that UA is down to 3 second silence PLUS the damage, when spriests have currently 0 dot protection(bugged and not in patch notes for fix). QQ more imo..

-Awkward priest shows up in Warlock thread to QQ.

-Realizes no one cares.

-Forever alone
With the current state of UA, you've got to be a fool not to dispel it every time it's up on someone. There is really no reason to heal through the damage when you can just dispel it (plus being able to dispel fears with UA gone). They really ought to look into making it AT LEAST something that I have to think about dispelling or have good positioning when dispelling. With the increased HP pools, UA is pretty benign.
01/10/2011 5:18 PMPosted by Zarhym
2. We do think it's a little too easy to counter warlocks (and Shadow priests) with a Resto shaman's Cleansing Waters talent (as was pointed out earlier in this thread), which is being nerfed in 4.0.6 as well.

Kind of courious which type of nerf it is going to be:

1. A huge nerf to the amount healed

2. It can only proc once per dispel

TBH #2 is prolly needed but #1 guts the talent. Locks are the only class that can proc the heal twice.
01/10/2011 8:05 PMPosted by Caryna
2. We do think it's a little too easy to counter warlocks (and Shadow priests) with a Resto shaman's Cleansing Waters talent (as was pointed out earlier in this thread), which is being nerfed in 4.0.6 as well.

TBH #2 is prolly needed but #1 guts the talent. Locks are the only class that can proc the heal twice.

It only procs once per dispel already, even if you're dispelling a curse and magic...

Guaranteed it's nerfed into the ground though to satisfy to the dps kiddies facerolling their dots all over the place.
Also - any comment on T11 set bonuses? Most agree the 2pc is very underwhelming, and the 4pc is such a small impact that it is virtually indistinguishable with not having a 4pc bonus at all.

The PvE warlock 4-piece set bonus (Fel Spark) now increases the damage done by the next 2 Fel Flame spells by 300%, rather than increasing the critical effect chance of one by 100%.

The PvP warlock 4-piece set bonus has been redesigned. It now reduces the cooldown of Death Coil by 30 seconds.

2) Tremor - Any chance Tremor is being evaluated along with cleansing waters? It feels really really outdated given the state of dispels all around.

Tremor Totem has been redesigned. The totem is now usable under Fear, Charm, or Sleep effects, and pulses much more rapidly, but lasts 6 seconds and has a 1-minute cooldown.

Cleansing Waters no longer fires its heal effect twice when a shaman removes a Magic and a Curse debuff with a single cast.
First off a blue has posted in the Warlock form, my imp just had a heart attack, my void walker is wearing the succubus's correst, and the felguard is drooling over the voidwalker in drag, ok now that i have gotten that out of my system here goes.

I have been around since the start of wow and proud of it, first toon was a lock he is still my main toon (well was until the furballs and goblins were introed) I do a LITTLE pvp but never one my lock i'm tired of getting steam rolled by EVERY class. Now my major complaint is this, fear is the crappiest CC there is, the pets normaly break it unless i put the pet on passive and hard control it, it goes a lot faster then sap, or even turning something into a sheep and EVERY single class can break my fear, ok no biggy people whine so the lock gets the nerf bat, over and over again. What i would like to see them do is actualy buff the damage up a TOUCH on UA yes they are once again giving us the back hand and then saying oh well wait we will make it 4 seconds silince, with all the changes that they have made not only do we tend to suck hard in pvp, but of late i am noticing that even in pve we are blowing hard.
Just wish they would stop making these changes because of pvp and THINK before they react for once.
Long live the lock and may blizz not nerf us todeath which is what i'm fearing they will do pretty soon no one will want a lock in the group and will start taking shadow priests instead!
Despite the range increase on CoEx, it doens't really outweigh the fact that its a worse snare then the snare of those we want to open the gap with. Is the intent for Warlocks in Rated BGs to only defend, because our only other gap opener is Demonic Teleport, and that is pretty useless on an offensive push. I think CoEx would be be better as is, but with a 1 target limit.

Despite currently being reverted, I'm also concerned about Glyph of Soul Swap. I guess I just don't understand the purpose behind Soul Swap unglyphed, and what the issues are with the glyph, mainly PvP I guess? When Soul Swap and its Glyph were first announced, I figured that the idea of Soul Swap was a final execute in PvP with the chance to move to the next target quickly, but the inhale damage compared to health pools seems to make the talent really weak without the glyph. With the glyph I figured it was supposed to help our ramp up and ability to compete on trash, and in burst situations, like when a boss calls an add, but the cooldown on it is problematic in 5 mans as entire packs die before it can be chained a second time usually.

I dunno, I guess I'm just not grasping it and I find that frustrating.

I'm still confused why the t11 4pc involved Felfire, which we have been told isn't rotational. Mages get strong set bonuses just by doing their normal magey thing, and warlocks have to watch a proc and try to weave in a spell we wouldn't normally use rotationally, will the bonus at least have a spell alert?
I feel like the 300% would make Fel Flame worth it, especially since it's on the next two Fel Flames cast. If a Fel Flame does ~3k then the proc would make it do ~9k, so essentially it would be two free Incinerates or Shadowbolts (depending on your spec).
My guess is the change will place Fel Flame's casting priority above our filler spells if the buff is up, if that. At worst, it becomes actually worth using while we move, though of course then we still run into the problem of ISF falling and losing ticks on the refreshed DoT so maybe once the changes to ISF hits, it can be gauged better.
Tremor Totem has been redesigned. The totem is now usable under Fear, Charm, or Sleep effects, and pulses much more rapidly, but lasts 6 seconds and has a 1-minute cooldown.

Oh wow, because Resto was overpowered you decide to nerf the entire Shaman Class.
01/10/2011 8:17 PMPosted by Zarhym
Also - any comment on T11 set bonuses? Most agree the 2pc is very underwhelming, and the 4pc is such a small impact that it is virtually indistinguishable with not having a 4pc bonus at all.

The PvE warlock 4-piece set bonus (Fel Spark) now increases the damage done by the next 2 Fel Flame spells by 300%, rather than increasing the critical effect chance of one by 100%.

The PvP warlock 4-piece set bonus has been redesigned. It now reduces the cooldown of Death Coil by 30 seconds.

2) Tremor - Any chance Tremor is being evaluated along with cleansing waters? It feels really really outdated given the state of dispels all around.

Cleansing Waters no longer fires its heal effect twice when a shaman removes a Magic and a Curse debuff with a single cast.

Extremely good changes. Tremor change actually helps with Shamans being feared (it's basically another trinket on a 1 minute CD) but helps to not make their entire team fear immune.

PvP 4 set bonus is a much welcome change.

Cleansing Waters nerf might not be enough but we'll see with Bloodlust removed and Tremor changed.

If Mage Armor was changed to -20% magic damage taken instead of -50% magic duration, I'd be very very happy.
Now that was a dumb change.
Is there any word on improved Soulfire. last thing on it was that you guys wanted to redesign it. Please do tell. Some of us are anxiously awaiting news on that.