Micro Patches

General Discussion
I really think WoW would benefit from some micro patches.

Basically a micro patch would come out every 1-4 weeks and it could include one or more of the following:
    - 1-2 short questlines that delve into interesting (or random) lore subjects.

- A miniboss in the world that has a fun twist to defeating it and drops a cool toy/pet/etc

- a mini game/puzzle to solve.

Those are just a few things that could be included. The point of micro patches wouldn't be to give massive amounts of content, its simply to insert small interesting things that have nothing major to do with what is going on in current content. The new quests/events could occur anywhere in the world. (It could also help between the major patches to keep things somewhat new and interesting.

They would be small to minimize the actual time it would take to make them (how long does it take to make a short quest line?). They wouldn't be put on the PTR so at least at the very beginning they wouldn't be something you could go on to wowhead and see how to complete it. It doesn't even need to include new npc's or mob designs. Simply create a story from what is already there and put it in the game.
Isn't that what we're getting now?
Something at least like this. More world group content and not undertuned too. raiders need something out there to keep them entertained.

also they shouldn't afraid of using assets they already have for additional dungeons, if the fights are fun and worthwhile the aesthetics won't be that much of an issue.

i know the cata event used rehashed stuff but man it was fun.
07/09/2015 03:01 AMPosted by Battlezone
Yes, something so I don't question my subscription at the end of every month.

Exactly

07/09/2015 02:20 AMPosted by Clavitz
More world group content and not undertuned too. raiders need something out there to keep them entertained.

Not exactly what i meant. I meant more the type of things where you say im bored I just want to do something random and fun. Micro patches would bring things like that in to the game. Think in terms of the plants vs. zombies minigame that gives the flower pet.

Group content would be great obviously but it shouldn't be only group content. If for example its a minigame it can be one that can be played against AI or another player. (ex. Plants vs zombies where one person is the plants and the other tries to overrun them but can be played against the computer too)
*cough* we have hot fixes
The OP must have missed the memo .. THERE IS NO NEW CONTENT AFTER 6.2!
07/09/2015 04:04 AMPosted by Gnomepunter
Group content would be great obviously but it shouldn't be only group content.

not saying that also, but it's something that's been bothering me for awhile and another good addition to this whole micro patch thing.
07/09/2015 02:20 AMPosted by Clavitz
also they shouldn't afraid of using assets they already have for additional dungeons, if the fights are fun and worthwhile the aesthetics won't be that much of an issue.

Historically, they have used the unique models from dungeons/raids again in the past.

They typically aren't until the next expansion, however.
07/09/2015 04:31 AMPosted by Kookshelper
The OP must have missed the memo .. THERE IS NO NEW CONTENT AFTER 6.2!

you've missed the point. it's generally speaking.

07/09/2015 11:43 AMPosted by Borsohn
They typically aren't until the next expansion, however.

would be a good start to change. at least get around to having it mid expansion and leave the end for brand new models
That's what I think they are trying to do with their weekend events. 6.2 is the first implementation of it, I'd expect more in next xpac.

Mini patches though are not something they would ever do in that exact fashion. They always test things on the PTR. Any "mini-patches" would just be stuff added to the main patch artificially gated for a later time.

Sort of like the DMF races throughout 6.0.5. As light as content was in 6.0.5, you got a new race and new toys every week. 6.2 we have the new DMF stuff this week, Wrath Timewalking next week.