Got a PS4-finding it hard to rationalize WoW.

General Discussion
Well, I finally saved up enough for a new car (the main thing I was saving for) and had enough after for a PS4. It came with The Last of Us Remastered and I also bought Destiny, and am now considering Final Fantasy...

I hate to say this, but in the past two days I've realized I had more fun with my PS4 than I have with WoW in the past few months... and in the past when I owned consoles I had just as much fun with WoW as I have with my console games.

Will I stay or go? I am not sure yet- I got the Pathfinder Achievement and again I am severely bored with WoD... I don't see much of a reason to get them to exalted. In Pandaria, the story expanded and you got double the amount of dailies when you hit revered to speed it up. Now... nothing changed and you get the same amount of dailies you did since 6.2 launched.

I do, however, think the Devs should see this.

In the past WoW was fun and had a charm that allowed me to WANT to keep playing even when owning a console. Now, however, it is falling behind - and fast. I hope that 6.2 being the last patch is a lie, or the next expansion goes in a totally different route from WoD. One of this biggest things ruining WoW for me right now is the lack of anything meaningful or fun outside of raiding, and not to mention how much you have shafted the story.

Just my two cents. Take it or leave it, I just thought it would be good for the devs to see this. Still considering whether or not I'm leaving.
07/10/2015 09:30 AMPosted by Borsohn
had enough after for a PS4

About time, thing has only been out for almost 2 years...Real gamers own and play all available platforms...except Nintendo
07/10/2015 09:49 AMPosted by Grindr

About time, thing has only been out for almost 2 years...Real gamers own and play all available platforms...except Nintendo

And what is wrong with Nintendo? Aside from their bad marketing? I enjoy my Wii U in every way shape and form.. And i consider myself a "real" gamer.. Or maybe, i just don't exist lol... I mean, i have an xbox one and gaming PC as well, but maybe those are fake too.
i am getting tired of seeing people with only 10% of the achievements ingame blaming the game
how about make an effort to do things stop being lazy
Do what you do. WoW will be here for you if you start to get lonely.

It's perfectly fine to unsub for a little while and come back later. Nobody's going to tear you up over it.
Haven't you been ''quitting'' for like the last 3 months?
Yeah, it's almost like you're allowed to play and enjoy more than one game.
The more I think about it the more it becomes an unsolvable problem.

Like the people want new stuff but they don't want new stuff.

It's a catch 22. What should Blizzard do to ensure the continued entertainment of its subscribers?

I bought a wii u for bayonetta2 and smash.

Was worth.
I have a ps4 and it just sits there on standby. I still like wow better.
play final fantasy 14 on ps4. Solid MMO on ps4 that builds on a lot of older WoW concepts. Their subs are actually INCREASING year on year as opposed to WoW that is losing subs every year overall.
I'm just wondering how you rationalized getting a PS4.

Real gamers own and play all available platforms...except Nintendo

^lol. This kid.
I found it hard to justify WoW after getting into tabletop RPGs.
Destiny is great if you have a Gally.

If you don't, you'll come back to WoW in a month.
except Nintendo

What's wrong with Nintendo? They might have fallen behind this generation but they have created some awesome games and characters. They even got some good games out now with more on the way.
I use my ps4 for netflicks on the big screen. There's no good games on that thing, you'll be bored within a few months.
Peace!
except Nintendo

Don't know why not, they had the best JRPG of that console's generation on it... and I mean the best Jrpg I've played in a very very long time.

I'm looking forward to the sequel honestly.

As for the PS being more interesting than wow, has it occured to you that you might be burned out? I mean hell I sometimes fire up my old sega for a spin with the sonic games, doesn't mean that wow is worse than Sonic the hedgehog. It just means I want to go retro... same if I play other games online, doesn't mean wow is worse.
07/10/2015 11:22 AMPosted by Novai
I use my ps4 for netflicks on the big screen. There's no good games on that thing, you'll be bored within a few months.

This is me (and my girlfriend) exactly. I'll be in the office room playing WOW and she'll be right next door in the living room watching netflix via PS4. Most of my console playing these days (PS4) is for FIFA and the occasional "must have" exclusives - such as Uncharted.
except Nintendo

MH4U would like a word with you, casul gaimur.

On a more serious note, I'm enjoying some casual PVP with friends for the time being, but with this being the last raid tier of the expansion, along with all the other crap so far, I'm not sure I can continue enjoying it much longer.

Bad enough my guild broke up early in, I certainly didn't need all the other problems with this expansion piled onto it.

Flying really didn't bother me much one way or another, but the amount of time I spend playing through menus and thinking of what I'd do when I log in (And usually coming to a blank, if friends aren't on) is certainly growing to an unacceptable point.

@ OP, hope the PS4 fun times are worth it, been hoping to get one myself some time this year for a few releases.