Got a PS4-finding it hard to rationalize WoW.

General Discussion
Im sorry op, but your logic is flawed. PC you can get almost every game ever made to play with it, aside from exclusives that company's make just for there console so the sells go up higher. As for the cost of a rig that would be on par with a new console. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZR-a35sxLg right there shows how to do it for the same price.
And then that is to say you already did have a tower of some sort, which would mean your cost would most likely be even lower.

It's nice that you saved up, got yourself a car, and it is nice that you are having fun with your new console. Really. It's just hard to believe you a pc gamer actually downgraded to a console.

If you did though and are not just trying to troll Blizzard, then good for you for having fun. That's all that counts. If you did not know you could upgrade your system on the cheap compared to a console, or make a system if need be that is on par with a newer console, and later when more funds became available upgrade on the cheap then, I would advise you to return it and use said funds in a wiser manor.
07/10/2015 01:00 PMPosted by Mescyn
Hard to be the master race when you can't even play all games. Single platform gamers are the blood elf dk of gamers.

I guess you never heard of disk drive converters and emulators. With the proper software you can take console game and break the 30fps barrier that plagues consoles lul. Not to mention they look considerably better, Wii games especially.
07/10/2015 01:10 PMPosted by Lightcooler
07/10/2015 01:00 PMPosted by Mescyn
Hard to be the master race when you can't even play all games. Single platform gamers are the blood elf dk of gamers.

I guess you never heard of disk drive converters and emulators. With the proper software you can take console game and break the 30fps barrier that plagues consoles lul. Not to mention they look considerably better, Wii games especially.

Sorry, I can afford games, so I don't need to waste my time on emulators. Everything I play is 60fps anyways, which is more than we can say for the pc port of arkham knight.

I play every game on the platform which best supports the game. If that's pc, I play it on pc, but if it's a ps4, xb1, or wiiu, I'll play it on those platforms.
07/10/2015 09:49 AMPosted by Grindr
About time, thing has only been out for almost 2 years...Real gamers own and play all available platforms...except Nintendo

Thank heaven and hell then, that I am not a real gamer. I cannot envision wasting that kind of money.
07/10/2015 01:01 PMPosted by Holystorm
Not only is Tales of Zestiria coming to PC, but Tales of Symphonia is being released as well and is bundled for free if you pre-order. Forgive me but short of mobile systems (which are dieing slowly thanks to smartphones and tablets), I just don't see any reason to own a console in this day and age.

I do not really have a computer I would trust for high end game rendering. Basically, consoles are handy for knowing you'll be able to run the game, not having to mess about in the code for older games and such. For me, my PC is better suited to certain kinds of games, like grand strategy, RTS' and MMOs. There are some nice old school RPGs, as well, but for FPS and most RPGs, I tend to skew toward the console.
07/10/2015 09:30 AMPosted by Borsohn
had enough after for a PS4

About time, thing has only been out for almost 2 years...Real gamers own and play all available platforms...except Nintendo

God forbid I have priorities and can only pay for certain things at a time?

Not to mention the system is bound to last quite a while?
07/10/2015 11:14 AMPosted by Nosinesong
Haven't you been ''quitting'' for like the last 3 months?

I actually did, and then came back when flying was announced as well as Tanaan due to the thought it would be fun and meaningful.

I was disappointed. Severely.
07/10/2015 01:22 PMPosted by Mescyn
Sorry, I can afford games, so I don't need to waste my time on emulators.

Sorry, I like having every past-gen console's library at my fingertips in a digital library. I don't need to waste space on having old systems, cables, cartridges and controllers so that I can play games back from when consoles were actually worth owning.

07/10/2015 01:22 PMPosted by Mescyn
Everything I play is 60fps anyways, which is more than we can say for the pc port of arkham knight.

Everything I play is 60 FPS anyway, which is more than I can say for the console versions of Metal Gear Rising. Or Dark Souls. Or TW3. Actually I lied, everything I play is at 120 FPS, but I like how you had to use Arkham Knight, a game with a port so unbelievably bad that WB had to pull it from Steam in answer to the protest, as your example for...something?

In all seriousness please don't try to compare graphical fidelity and smoothness between console and PC games. It's a little bit of a joke considering that 30 FPS is what most console games are locked too, and that consoles JUST got into having widespread 1080p games (which are, by the way, locked to 30 FPS for everything but a choice few exclusives). I'm frankly amazed that people who exclusively play on consoles even know what 60 FPS or 1080p look like.

Well, Nintendo really hasn't made a good console system since the game cube.

All the Wii was is an overclocked gamecube with a hard drive and online capabilites and the Wii U is only slightly better which means Nintendo has been behind in the console race for the past 2 console generations. The Wii U has sold very badly even to this point with the X-Box One coming in second place with the PS4 being number one.

Nintendo's hand helds are a different matter.
07/10/2015 02:28 PMPosted by Holystorm

Everything I play is 60 FPS anyway, which is more than I can say for the console versions of Metal Gear Rising. Or Dark Souls. Or TW3. Actually I lied, everything I play is at 120 FPS, but I like how you had to use Arkham Knight, a game with a port so unbelievably bad that WB had to pull it from Steam in answer to the protest, as your example for...something?

There's lots of other examples of games locked @ 30 for no good reason. However, I'm not in favor of choosing the console version of a game also available on pc, I just think it's silly to limit yourself to one platform, especially given how easy it is to just have all platforms.

It's not like there's hundreds of viable platforms out there.
07/10/2015 11:22 AMPosted by Gryphandor
What's wrong with Nintendo? They might have fallen behind this generation but they have created some awesome games and characters. They even got some good games out now with more on the way.

Ummm my roommate used to be such a gaming nerd. He would buy every console for the current generation.

You know what he didn't buy this time? That's right a Wii U because there are practically NO good games for it Maybe if you are into games designed for people 13 years of age or younger (either physically or mentally) then it's a good game system but if you are an intelligent adult then you want to stay away from the Wii U.

The 3ds however is a pretty good hand held though.
I think if you don't like wii u's lineup, you obviously shouldn't buy one. You don't buy a console for titles that are available on pc, that's dumb.

That said, I bought primarily for bayonetta 2 which was a wii u exclusive, and felt it was worth it. SSB was just icing on the cake. The case to be made for xbox1 and ps4 is a little weaker in my eyes, since I don't like any of their exclusives nearly as much.

That said, obviously in an ideal world I would have preferred a multi-platform bayonetta2 release.

Real gamers play on PC and not underpowered overpriced boxes
07/10/2015 02:28 PMPosted by Derathon
Well, Nintendo really hasn't made a good console system since the game cube.

All the Wii was is an overclocked gamecube with a hard drive and online capabilites and the Wii U is only slightly better which means Nintendo has been behind in the console race for the past 2 console generations. The Wii U has sold very badly even to this point with the X-Box One coming in second place with the PS4 being number one.

You know what he didn't but this time? That's right a Wii U because there are practically NO good games for it Maybe if you are into games designed for people 13 years of age or younger (either physically or mentally) then it's a good game system but if you are an intelligent adult then you want to stay away from the Wii U.

Because who wants to pay top dollar for what amounts to be a remake of The Ocarina of Time or Starfox 64 again? Especially since most fanboys will have the original games and consoles, or have the emulators (as I do). Then again, people think I'm stupid for paying $15 a month to play WoW.

Although I'm rather surprised you said that the Gamecube was one of Nintendo's better consoles, since a lot of fans often gloat about the N64 (although I do agree the SNES was a good console).
Consoles are always fun when you buy a new game, give it a month before you use it as a Netfllix device, just like my xbone in anticipation of Halo and Fallout.