New Race Ideas: Ogres and Arakkoa

General Discussion
Alliance Race: Arakkoa

Nutshell Lore: After careful consideration, we are rejecting the Horde's request to join them due to their long history of hating trees. And the Alliance promised cake.

Racials:
Birds of a Feather - Summon an avian familiar to attack your target for 10 sec. The familiar deals minor damage (Total damage dealt equal to 1.5x weapon damage.) 2 min CD.

Beak and Talon - Multistrike and crit chance increased by 1%

Avian - Fall speed reduced by 50%

Child of the Apexis: Archaeology skill increased by 15 and allows you to Survey 50% faster.

Free Flight: Before Lvl60 and in combat, an attempt to fly increases movement speed by 50% for 2sec. At Lvl60, out of combat, the arakkoa takes a running start (for duration of cast time, continues if you jump off a cliff) and flies up into the sky. Translation: Racial flight form.

Classes:
Warrior (They have foot soldiers)
Rogue (The Outcasts always talk about keeping to shadows)
Mage (The sages made use of fire magic)
Priest (The Outcasts' leaders were Shadow priests, and the sages were priests themselves)
Warlock (Some arakkoa chose to join Gul'Dan after the sacking of Skyreach)
Druid (The arakkoa of Skyreach made use of solar power to defend their home. I will also argue that if you can make a cat form from a canine race and a druid culture born to make crops grow faster, you can do it for bird people.)
Death Knight (Less Lich King, more Gorefiend. The Bleeding Hollow clan made ample use of blood magic and Blood DKs are a thing, so if you wanted to argue mechanics, I guess we could say any DK made on AU Draenor would be a Blood DK who ate a soul or three. Also, such a backstory would require a new DK starting area, so more game content!)

I think it would be cool if you could choose between a winged or crippled arakkoa for your avatar, just because similar features could extend to other races as well (brown-skinned orcs, customizable rot for undead, original worgen avatars), but if time became an issue, maybe we could say the draenei and the na'aru healed all the Outcasts and they joined the Alliance out of gratitude.

-----

Horde race: Ogres.

Nutshell lore: Hey, our empire is kind of wrecked, can we crash with you guys for a bit? We asked the Alliance and they stabbed us.

Racials:
[Character Name] Smash!: Stun the target for 2sec. Melee range. 2 min CD.

Brawn Over Brains: Versatility increased by 1%

Intimidating: Reduces all vendor prices by 10%

Shines and Pretties: Mining and Herbalism skill increased by 15 and allows you to gather them 50% faster

Tireless: Unlocked at Lvl20. Increases run speed by 60% (100% at Lvl40) out of combat.

Classes:
Warrior (Duh)
Mage (Sorcerer King and such)
Warlock (A few ogres joined Gul'dan)
Shaman (In Draenor the ogres seemed to have a low opinion for shamanism, but as the Twilight's Hammer had "evil" shaman and was started by ogres, let's go ahead and give it to them)
Priest (See Twilight's Hammer)
Death Knight (For the same reasons as goblins if you want the Scourge lore, but again, thinking more of Gorefiend here. See the reasoning behind arakkoa DKs for specifics)

Ogre rogues are unlikely but would be funny as hell.

As with the arakkoa, if we could have two-headed ogres on top of the normal ones, that'd be neat.
No new races are needed, we have plenty

07/31/2015 10:08 AMPosted by Malles
Alliance Race: Arakkoa

Nutshell Lore: After careful consideration, we are rejecting the Horde's request to join them due to their long history of hating trees. And the Alliance promised cake.

Racials:
Birds of a Feather - Summon an avian familiar to attack your target for 10 sec. The familiar deals minor damage (Total damage dealt equal to 1.5x weapon damage.) 2 min CD.

Beak and Talon - Multistrike and crit chance increased by 1%

Avian - Fall speed reduced by 50%

Child of the Apexis: Archaeology skill increased by 15 and allows you to Survey 50% faster.

Free Flight: Before Lvl60 and in combat, an attempt to fly increases movement speed by 50% for 2sec. At Lvl60, out of combat, the arakkoa takes a running start (for duration of cast time, continues if you jump off a cliff) and flies up into the sky. Translation: Racial flight form.

Classes:
Warrior (They have foot soldiers)
Rogue (The Outcasts always talk about keeping to shadows)
Mage (The sages made use of fire magic)
Priest (The Outcasts' leaders were Shadow priests, and the sages were priests themselves)
Warlock (Some arakkoa chose to join Gul'Dan after the sacking of Skyreach)
Druid (The arakkoa of Skyreach made use of solar power to defend their home. I will also argue that if you can make a cat form from a canine race and a druid culture born to make crops grow faster, you can do it for bird people.)
Death Knight (Less Lich King, more Gorefiend. The Bleeding Hollow clan made ample use of blood magic and Blood DKs are a thing, so if you wanted to argue mechanics, I guess we could say any DK made on AU Draenor would be a Blood DK who ate a soul or three. Also, such a backstory would require a new DK starting area, so more game content!)

I think it would be cool if you could choose between a winged or crippled arakkoa for your avatar, just because similar features could extend to other races as well (brown-skinned orcs, customizable rot for undead, original worgen avatars), but if time became an issue, maybe we could say the draenei and the na'aru healed all the Outcasts and they joined the Alliance out of gratitude.

-----

Horde race: Ogres.

Nutshell lore: Hey, our empire is kind of wrecked, can we crash with you guys for a bit? We asked the Alliance and they stabbed us.

Racials:
[Character Name] Smash!: Stun the target for 2sec. Melee range. 2 min CD.

Brawn Over Brains: Versatility increased by 1%

Intimidating: Reduces all vendor prices by 10%

Shines and Pretties: Mining and Herbalism skill increased by 15 and allows you to gather them 50% faster

Tireless: Unlocked at Lvl20. Increases run speed by 60% (100% at Lvl40) out of combat.

Classes:
Warrior (Duh)
Mage (Sorcerer King and such)
Warlock (A few ogres joined Gul'dan)
Shaman (In Draenor the ogres seemed to have a low opinion for shamanism, but as the Twilight's Hammer had "evil" shaman and was started by ogres, let's go ahead and give it to them)
Priest (See Twilight's Hammer)
Death Knight (For the same reasons as goblins if you want the Scourge lore, but again, thinking more of Gorefiend here. See the reasoning behind arakkoa DKs for specifics)

Ogre rogues are unlikely but would be funny as hell.

As with the arakkoa, if we could have two-headed ogres on top of the normal ones, that'd be neat.
07/31/2015 10:28 AMPosted by Vaerth
No new races are needed, we have plenty

Choices should never be limited in an RPG.
i disagree with vaerth

we could have 200 races, it wouldn't matter. Theres not a lot of balancing to be had, its all aesthetics.

I don't like the aarakoa though,
and the ogres are cool, but i couldnt see your tireless racial mount thing being a thing, for obvious reasons.....

ogres cant do mount speed, theyre big, if anything they would be slower lmao
Ogres isn't a new idea.

I've been asking for ogres for 9 years.
We have been waiting since WCIII for playable Naga.

Getting a race introduced in BC before them would just be insulting.
07/31/2015 10:43 AMPosted by Quentiam
i disagree with vaerth

we could have 200 races, it wouldn't matter. Theres not a lot of balancing to be had, its all aesthetics.

I don't like the aarakoa though,
and the ogres are cool, but i couldnt see your tireless racial mount thing being a thing, for obvious reasons.....

ogres cant do mount speed, theyre big, if anything they would be slower lmao

What I detailed was a variation of the original racial mount for tauren. And large does not always equal slow. Rhinos can charge at a good 30mph with a small start.
the horde do NOT need big, fat pink orcs to join them. not only that, but we wouldnt get the good ogres that are 30 feet tall that we see on draenor, we'd get the 6 feet ones we see in super low level zones back on azeroth. we'd be as tall as a tauren. and im almost certain that everyone talking about wanting ogres as a playable class wants to be those giant hulking ones we see on draenor.
theres no lady ogres
Arakkoa wouldn't chose a faction as a group. They'd either do what the Pandaran did or not join either side at all.

And why does everyone want Ogres to be playable in the Horde? Why not literally anything else?
Yeah I wanna play a female Ogre Monk so bad!
Just give the players their damn bird people already
07/31/2015 01:46 PMPosted by Boybomb
theres no lady ogres

Gotta breed with something.
I don't really care about ogres personally, but damn I want Arakkoa.
Please tell me that tireless racial is an activated one
also that intimidating passive makes me feel no reason to buy any BoE items on other characters from Vendors
these sound like great racial idea's I personally would see Ogres as getting something abit different, like a 1% strength boost or something else based on the class so it can be useful for all classes and a belly flop that knocks back an opponent 5 yards and stuns them for 2 secs at the same time not 2 secs after knock back but during, maybe a nature resist., or maybe something interesting like a roar that boosts all allies attacks for a short while or a racial that is called ogre rally call that boosts ogre allies for abit, I see alot that can be done with ogres that could be very fun to see in the game and of course a funny dance maybe a emote bellyflop?
maybe ogres could get a racial that removes stun effects 2min cd and can be used with a trinket no cd, racials are special abilities they shouldn't be shared with trinkets
07/31/2015 10:59 AMPosted by Tovi
Ogres isn't a new idea.

I've been asking for ogres for 9 years.

I!

WANT!!

OGRE!!!
07/31/2015 11:11 AMPosted by Phlynch
No Arakkoa!

We have been waiting since WCIII for Naga. Get. In. Line.

Both no!

Alliance gets good looking races.

Horde get ugly monster ones.
11/14/2015 03:10 PMPosted by Cutedemoness
Both no!

Alliance gets good looking races.

Horde get ugly monster ones.

A) That's racist.

2) This is a necro.

III) Female Naga are still prettier than Worgen.

Also, it's weird to see how shouty I was less than a year ago. I may edit that post to be less angry.