Annual pass

General Discussion
08/09/2015 07:02 PMPosted by Theoldman
08/09/2015 06:59 PMPosted by Boffo
D.O.F.

Depends on Flying

You didn't watch the stream did you? There will be flying, numbnuts, ala WoD achievement model.

No, the current plans are that there will be flying in a later patch... as in the same thing they said last time.

So, my answer was that if they change their mind, do the right thing, and have flying available AT LAUNCH with the WoD achievement model, then yes, I would buy an annual pass with the expansion. If they do not, I'm not buying the expansion at all until flying is LIVE, and perhaps not even then.

Please try to know what you are talking about before posting.
Free stuff to play wow which im already gonna do? Yeah sure.
What exactly is an annual pass? Ty in advance.
08/09/2015 07:05 PMPosted by Jmonika

Before MoP they did an Annual Pass.

Basically, you agreed to keep paying your sub for one year, with no lapses, and you got free stuff. They included a free copy of Diablo 3, a mount, and guaranteed MoP beta access. I can't remember if there was another reward.

08/09/2015 07:08 PMPosted by Teranin
You pay a lump sum

It was not a lump sum. You just paid at your regular rate for a year.

You pay a lump sum, and are locked into an active account for a year. Usually it comes with a significant reward... A free copy of a game, perhaps a mount, pet, or some other benefit. The lump sum is usually cheaper than what the normal cost of a 12 month sub would be... I think.

It's been a while since the last one, so my memory might be shot.
08/09/2015 07:04 PMPosted by Boffo
No, the current plans are that there will be flying in a later patch... as in the same thing they said last time.
Except this time the Legion pathfinder achievement will be in at launch. It unlocking flying will come later

It was a promotion they offered at the end of Cata. You paid for a year of WoW time, and they gave you beta access for MoP, and Tyrael's butt stallion mount.

There was a promotion Blizzard did during the latter half of "Cataclysm" where, if you agreed to stay subscribed for a year, you got a free copy of Diablo 3, guaranteed access to the MoP beta, and a free mount, Tyrael's Charger.

There was no extra money involved, just a requirement that you stay subbed for a year.
Absolutely yes.
I'd have to have much more information regarding Legion before I would commit. I don't want a single-player lobby game with transient flash-mob Raiding/PvP, I want an MMORPG.
08/09/2015 07:08 PMPosted by Zaldross
08/09/2015 07:04 PMPosted by Boffo
Except this time the Legion pathfinder achievement will be in at launch. It unlocking flying will come later

And I really don't care if the achievement is available. The achievement is a means to an end. I care about flight. It needs to be there at launch.

The achievement will do nothing to prevent the temptation for the devs to drag things out again or try to announce they decided not to have it in the future. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
08/09/2015 07:10 PMPosted by Mossclaw
I don't want a single-player lobby game with transient flash-mob Raiding/PvP, I want an MMORPG.

WoW hasn't been an MMORPG for a while now..
Legion sounds like the same sort of winner D3 was so no, no I would not.
They couldn't GIVE ME an annual pass for FREE right now. Lawl NO.
08/09/2015 07:11 PMPosted by Boffo
08/09/2015 07:08 PMPosted by Zaldross
... Except this time the Legion pathfinder achievement will be in at launch. It unlocking flying will come later

And I really don't care if the achievement is available. The achievement is a means to an end. I care about flight. It needs to be there at launch.

The achievement will do nothing to prevent the temptation for the devs to drag things out again or try to announce they decided not to have it in the future. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

See, you lost the fedora, but you still sound like a broken record.
If all the cool kids are doing it
Not I. Now if they offered a free subscription for a year (starting when Legion launched) with a pre-order of Legion I would consider pre-ordering.
Not a chance in the world.

"Fool me once shame on YOU, fool me twice, shame on ME!
08/09/2015 07:08 PMPosted by Teranin

You pay a lump sum, and are locked into an active account for a year. Usually it comes with a significant reward... A free copy of a game, perhaps a mount, pet, or some other benefit. The lump sum is usually cheaper than what the normal cost of a 12 month sub would be... I think.

It's been a while since the last one, so my memory might be shot.

you dont have to pay a lump sum and technically werent locked in (you just had the rewards removed if you didnt hold up your end of the deal)

FYI I paid monthly instead of a lump sum

And yes as long as sub tokens count I will.

08/09/2015 07:12 PMPosted by Suriyel
Legion sounds like the same sort of winner D3 was so no, no I would not.

While the Launch was a disaster and up till the Reaper patch was lacking, the reaper patch (and expansion itself) made the game a LOT better