Hellfire confirmed last raid. Done with WoW

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 25 Next
I've always defended Blizzard. I even defended WoD in the beginning, and I forgave the disaster that was vanilla D3.

I can't defend this.

They're openly admitting that the goal is for us to pay twice as often for half the content. WoD is the model thats going to be used going forward.

The fact that WoD had two major patches came as news to everyone... It's even news to the blues, seeing as they just acknowledged a couple weeks ago that 6.1 should've been 6.0.1.

You folks aren't just out of touch with your players. You're out of touch with your own talking points.

Please get it together, Blizz. There really isn't a lot of faith left out here.
What makes it more painful is that unlike what some people think when they go "omg shut up and quit the game if u no like", many of us complaining and looking down at the recent development decisions this expansion we are angry/sad/desperate because we !@#$in' love the game. We love its world-lore, its characters, I have met wonderful people playing this game and I have seen what the game is capable of before. You bet it makes me sad, angry and anxious seeing it in such a poor state and heading to a possibly worse future.
I've been playing since 2005...and this expansion killed it for me. The garrisons are BULL#$&@ to me. We don't even socialize with anyone in cities anymore...why BOTHER? When we can just do everything in a Garrison?

Activision/Blizzard you're milking a shell of a game now. What a shame...this game was all I played as a teenager. Now I'm grown and I was playing...but unfortunately it's time to move on...Final Fantasy 14 looks great. Thanks for the memories Blizzard but this was it for me.
07/02/2015 10:07 AMPosted by Edritch
Hopefully this is just one of the weaker expansions in the game and the next one is far better

This is the weak expansion.

No other expansion has this little content, and cost this much. This is the only expansion with 1 major patch. 6.1 does not count. And even 6.2 was a zone that was in the expansion at the start, and taken back out, and put back in.

No sir i disagree with you. This is the weak expansion. The only one.
07/02/2015 06:48 PMPosted by Abe
They're professionals who (should) know how to deal with criticism to improve their product. Although thanks for giving us your temperamental child POV. God you sound like a league player or something

You know people talk a lot of sh1T about LoL's community but honestly WoW has the most vile, childlike, whiny community out of any game I have ever played. Like seeing just how toxic this community really is makes me ashamed to call myself a WoW player.
What makes it more painful is that unlike what some people think, many of us complaining and looking down at the recent development decisions this expansion we are angry/sad/desperate because we !@#$in' love the game. We love its world-lore, its characters, I have met wonderful people playing this game and I have seen what the game is capable of before. You bet it makes me sad, angry and anxious seeing it in such a poor state and heading to a possibly worse future.

Exactly. That's why this is such a disaster for Blizzard. They've alienated the most passionate players and many long-term players. A lot of goodwill has been blown here. I fervently worry that we won't see another expansion until June, 2016 to coincide with the release of the WoW movie (if the next expansion is announced at Blizzcon, the timing matches up almost perfectly for a simultaneous release). A year with 6.2 is just unconscionable. The subs just won't be there with only one patch to hold the game over.
Perhaps this means we are getting faster expansion releases.
07/02/2015 07:33 PMPosted by Òdin
Perhaps this means we are getting faster expansion releases.

Except that's exactly what many of us don't want. I don't want to pay $50 every year, on top of a subscription fee, for an expansion pack with half of the content and art effort put into it than earlier, cheaper, once-every-other-year expansions.

The only good long-term thing to come out of WoD was the character model update and, hell, some people even hate those.
So I just wanted to put in my two cents here, for what it's worth.

I don't know what happened with Warlords of Draenor. I don't know if the new, expanded WoW team never gelled properly. I don't know if the team felt their creativity boxed in due to the world having to be a "Pre Outland". I don't know if they didn't like the setting. I don't know if they were testing ideas in this expansion. I don't know if we will ever know, honestly.

But this expansion has been a letdown. I think we all want to get to quicker (12-18 months; 18 months has always felt "right" to me, 12 months seems too short) expansions, but never by sacrificing the quality of them. This expansion was the first to cost $50 (up from $40), and I do not feel like I have received the value for that money compared to previous expansions.

If this is the new standard in WoW expansions then I am disappointed.

If the plan is to have expansions 12-14 months apart with two "major" content patches then I hope the price you charge for them reflects it. There is no way the community will support another $50 expansion of this caliber. If this is what we are looking at, I hope it's $30, $40 tops. And/or a monthly subscription cost drop to $9.99 US.

Having played since vanilla beta, and having played with my (now) wife by my side for the better part of a decade, I am absolutely willing to see what's in store for the next expansion. I am hoping this expansion was just treading water while a new one is being prepared that will blow us away. One that is back up to the quality that Wrath and Mists delivered. (the two best expansions, in my opinion).

While my guild is gone, and I do miss playing with them, at the end of the day I just need to be having fun with my wife by my side. I hope the next expansion delivers that, or we will be moving on.
blizz is solely about money now
07/02/2015 11:59 AMPosted by Adria
I hope we're not stuck with Tanaan and HFC until June 2016. Can you guys imagine?

I can imagine my hubby getting over switching RPGs after he's managed to have the Legendary ring on two or three characters when he can only play 3-6 a week. I can imagine friends that have said they will just quit MMORPGs disappearing back into the mist they appeared from, frustrated that we're still doing the middling little raid they slap together to keep us amused.

And I can imagine me finally accepting their seven day resub to check out the new expansion, just to go back to whichever game we've chosen. It wouldn't kill WoW, but it will be in rehab for a long time.
07/02/2015 07:53 PMPosted by Rezzyk
So I just wanted to put in my two cents here, for what it's worth.

I don't know what happened with Warlords of Draenor. I don't know if the new, expanded WoW team never gelled properly. I don't know if the team felt their creativity boxed in due to the world having to be a "Pre Outland". I don't know if they didn't like the setting. I don't know if they were testing ideas in this expansion. I don't know if we will ever know, honestly.

But this expansion has been a letdown. I think we all want to get to quicker (12-18 months; 18 months has always felt "right" to me, 12 months seems too short) expansions, but never by sacrificing the quality of them. This expansion was the first to cost $50 (up from $40), and I do not feel like I have received the value for that money compared to previous expansions.

If this is the new standard in WoW expansions then I am disappointed.

If the plan is to have expansions 12-14 months apart with two "major" content patches then I hope the price you charge for them reflects it. There is no way the community will support another $50 expansion of this caliber. If this is what we are looking at, I hope it's $30, $40 tops. And/or a monthly subscription cost drop to $9.99 US.

Having played since vanilla beta, and having played with my (now) wife by my side for the better part of a decade, I am absolutely willing to see what's in store for the next expansion. I am hoping this expansion was just treading water while a new one is being prepared that will blow us away. One that is back up to the quality that Wrath and Mists delivered. (the two best expansions, in my opinion).

While my guild is gone, and I do miss playing with them, at the end of the day I just need to be having fun with my wife by my side. I hope the next expansion delivers that, or we will be moving on.

^ This is what I wanted to write, except I started in 2008.
Faster expansions with a lower purchase price would be nice.
Some semi-educated speculation here.

I think one thing gets ignored -- Blizz is not constrained by the size of the dev team. It's constrained by the size of the art team. That's their bottleneck.

This has been abundantly clear for the whole of WoD. Things were cut or delayed because the art wasn't ready. First the Blood Elf models were pushed back. Tanaan was pushed back. Faralhon has yet to appear -- guarantee it's been designed, but the art just isn't done.

The "new" content of Mythic and time walking dungeons require almost no new art.

Consider things in this light and Blizz's moves pretty much all make perfect sense. Even the announcement that flight might never come back makes perfect sense when viewed from this perspective.

They need more artists. I have no idea why they can't get more.

Which is really a shame. MoP didn't seem to have this problem. I have no idea why it's so bad this time around.
#FireWatcher
Completely impossible to defend

I honestly am starting to see a scenario where subs can hit the 1-2 million range by end of xpac. Considering Blizz won't even acknowledge there are issues, there is no indication that anything will get better either. I don't think many of those players are coming back.

WoW isn't going to die but this xpac took many years off it's life.
07/02/2015 08:33 PMPosted by Heartlis
Completely impossible to defend

I honestly am starting to see a scenario where subs can hit the 1-2 million range by end of xpac. Considering Blizz won't even acknowledge there are issues, there is no indication that anything will get better either. I don't think many of those players are coming back.

WoW isn't going to die but this xpac took many years off it's life.

I've always speculated that WoW has about 5 million subscribers that will never quit. I think we'll find out the true number soonish.
This is a pathetic excuse for an expansion and I am tired of excuses. Once I'm done with HFC, I'm done, you've become absolutely pathetic and I will not waste anymore time or money on you to figure it out.
Game is dead, Give it up.

The ONLY way blizz will listen and fix this !@#$ game is once the numbers go up in smoke. Help do your part and don't pay or even wow token this nonsense.
The next expansion better be $19.99...