Hellfire confirmed last raid. Done with WoW

General Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15 25 Next
07/02/2015 08:41 PMPosted by Riastrad
The next expansion better be $19.99...

probably going to be 69.99 with one major patch at this rate
It just goes to show you they no longer give a !@#$ about wow they are to focus on there lol clone and their tf2 clone.
I wont be buy the next x pac in fact i wont spend a dime on any more blizz games unless they apologise and give the net xpac for free to everyone who bought this %^-* that is wod
Half an expansion should be half the price. Shame on you Blizzard.
07/02/2015 10:07 AMPosted by Edritch
Hopefully this is just one of the weaker expansions in the game and the next one is far better.

That mindset is going to leave you disappointed time and again. Don't ever pay a game company if they don't deliver nowadays.
No bladespire or karabor capitol cities.. Never forget, never forgive.
07/02/2015 09:58 AMPosted by Dominer
We just paid more for this expansion then any other and we got half the content. cancelled my sub months ago and got a token last week to see what 6.2 was like.

You haven't done all of BRF heroic. You haven't done any of HFC.

So you are mad you got less content yet aren't doing the content.
Just puts the last year into perspective. They have violated the trust and respect players had given them. Even when things looked bad there were so many people that stood with them. Now, they seem to be few and far between.

Blizzard needs to realize this is bad, really bad. Those "White Knights" are no longer standing with Blizzard and now are starting to question the motives. As, this is putting this whole xpac into perspective of a money grab and nothing else.

07/02/2015 08:49 PMPosted by Latest
We just paid more for this expansion then any other and we got half the content. cancelled my sub months ago and got a token last week to see what 6.2 was like.

How does that justify their actions? I used to be a hardcore raider but this expansion has ruined that for many of us.

You're perfectly acceptable paying $50 for the same amount of content we used to receive in a patch as an entire expansion? The fact that you're still attempting to defend Blizzard is sad.
07/02/2015 08:49 PMPosted by Latest

Everyone enjoys different things in the game. I did crazy hardcore raiding in Wrath and cut drastically back in Cata and Mists, and now Warlords. But I never felt content lacking in Mists.

Also, I really don't consider the same bosses, just more tightly tuned, to be "more content" that we aren't doing, sorry.
https://youtu.be/j80D8aA9Xdc
Some semi-educated speculation here.

I think one thing gets ignored -- Blizz is not constrained by the size of the dev team. It's constrained by the size of the art team.

They need more artists. I have no idea why they can't get more.

Which is really a shame. MoP didn't seem to have this problem. I have no idea why it's so bad this time around.

I never looked at it this way before but you may actually be right. The amount of reskinned items in 6.2 definitely points towards this theory. I hope that just means they are doing a lot of work for the next one already.
Did y'all miss the last season of The Guild? Loving Blizz will make WoW better. Just kidding (kinda)... I spent more money at GameWorks last vacation day, than I spent on WoD... Playing WoW costs around 1 to 2 quarters a day...

WoW's just getting started. Movie coming out. Look how long Zelda and Mario have been around. You already know an expansion or huge patch will release around the time the movie is released. They will and have been updating every aspect of the game slowly, but surely. Third WoW movie will probably come out with Warcraft 4, and WoW on virtual reality...
Poor lore going to have to do some serious damage control between this and everything else that has been awful with 6.2 that people aren't happy about.
Oh, I also want to call out something else from the interview - the fact that they say they are waiting to see how fast players go through the 6.2 content before deciding on patches with more. Since they also said this week that they have been working on Tanaan/HFC since November(!) there is absolutely no way they can get out another significant content patch this expansion unless they are already in development of one.
Is it now a Blizzard tradition to ninja whisper terrible news to obscure media outlets the day before a long holiday weekend?
I am almost certain that there's some sort of contest this year to see which company can piss PC gamers off the most this year, and this is Blizzard's effort.
07/02/2015 08:58 PMPosted by Mustachex
Poor lore going to have to do some serious damage control between this and everything else that has been awful with 6.2 that people aren't happy about.

I feel bad for the CMs. They always have a ton of crap thrown at them, but I suppose it's part of the job.

What I really find confusing is that we have two lead developers (Mumper/Cory Stockton, Ion/Watcher) contradicting each other within the last two weeks. 6.1 went from being a minor patch to a major patch, 6.3 went from pretty likely to almost nil... I really doubt the whole development direction of WoD took a total 180 in the last couple of weeks.

I could understand the contradictions if one (or both) of the interviewed developers weren't leads, but you'd think all the leads would be on the same page.
they have been saying for years now how they want more frequent expansions. I don't get why this is a shock.
I think they officially got sick of the complaint that Cataclysm was the worst expansion.

"You wanna see a bad expansion... we'll show you a bad expansion."
07/02/2015 09:06 PMPosted by Twentygold
they have been saying for years now how they want more frequent expansions. I don't get why this is a shock.

Its because how drastically it happened. They didnt bother easing into it at all.
07/02/2015 09:09 PMPosted by Arsora
I think they officially got sick of the complaint that Cataclysm was the worst expansion.

"You wanna see a bad expansion... we'll show you a bad expansion."

Because, loss of quality and quantity per expansion isn't acceptable. The fact that Blizzard goes from releasing expansions for $40 with lots of content to ... this for $50 the "faster" expansions is complete crap.