Hellfire confirmed last raid. Done with WoW

General Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16 25 Next
World Of Warcraft's Hellfire Citadel Is The Last Raid In Warlords Of Draenor | CINEMABLEND

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor may have received its last major update with Patch 6.2. In a new interview, lead game designer Corey Stockton said that Hellfire Citadel is "currently planned" to be the last raid of the expansion. Stock said in the interview that Hellfire Citadel is a…
cinemablend.com
07/02/2015 09:10 PMPosted by Drugsplz
07/02/2015 09:06 PMPosted by Twentygold
they have been saying for years now how they want more frequent expansions. I don't get why this is a shock.

Its because how drastically it happened. They didnt bother easing into it at all.

Didnt even spit on it.
WoD has been nothing but a bust, and Blizz just wants to distance themselves from it ASAP.
they have been saying for years now how they want more frequent expansions. I don't get why this is a shock.

Its because how drastically it happened. They didnt bother easing into it at all.

i think the major content patch that made them decide that quicker expansions was the future was the Firelands patch back in cata.
07/02/2015 11:06 AMPosted by Kudger
I still can't get over them considering 6.1 to be a major patch.

6.1 only had Blackrock Foundry and hotfixes. patch 6.0 and 6.2 we're the big patches...
07/02/2015 09:30 PMPosted by Gimmeitams
07/02/2015 11:06 AMPosted by Kudger
I still can't get over them considering 6.1 to be a major patch.

6.1 only had Blackrock Foundry and hotfixes. patch 6.0 and 6.2 we're the big patches...

BRF was actually complete and in the game (just unavailable) when the expansion launched. In fact I think it actually opened a little before 6.1 hit
To be fair, Cory said it's their last planned raid. Blizzard hasn't ever followed through on their plans in like ... ever. They've also been saying they're going to reduce the time between expansions for the last three and if anything it kept getting longer. So... just don't believe anything Blizzard says.
Blizzard's self prophecy: "No King rules forever my son."
You guys realize that WoW is now going on 11 years right? It's had a marvelous run of 7-11 mil subscribers most of that time... But all good things must end.

Stop freaking out, the game is reaching its end of life cycle, enjoy what you can, look to move on in the meantime. Too much rage and narrow vision in the online community, back away from your screens and take a breath, then enjoy what you've got left.

Honestly, I wouldn't play this game at all if it wasn't for the nostalgic feel I get remembering vanilla. I went to IF for the first time in years the other day... It was more fun than raiding...
Yeah WoW seems to be end of life. I think players are just going through a bit of withdrawal, and mourning what was a big part of their lives. There isn't much in the game universe to replace it, unfortunately.
07/02/2015 11:50 AMPosted by Paeldryth
I think Ion is genuine when he said Blizzard is taking a lot of the feedback from this expansion to heart and the next one should be much better.

Like he said, a lot of the stuff people don't like in 6.2 was already being set up that way for several months. Bring on the end of the expansion. Why keep building on an expansion a lot of people hate?

If you are so mad about it, just unsubscribe and go play something else for now.

Watcher can be as "genuine" as he wants to be, but as the defenders of this game like to say, "He's only the raid lead designer."

This is the culmination of Blizzard's plan. What you are seeing was a cleverly-devised way of adding a microtransaction store to the game, sticking content, essentially, behind a paywall. There will be less content patches, more "expansions" containing less and less content, but you'll still pay $40.00 or more for that content.

This is no different than "freemium" play, only...you need to pay $15.00 a month to log into the game.

And yet, there will still be blind sycophants running to defend this abysmal idea, and this game that has slipped further and further into an EA-esque style, pushing quantity over quality.

This is not the Blizzard Entertainment of 1998, or even 2004. This is something wholly different, and I blame Activision for this abortion.

So there you have it, kids: you're paying more for less, and Blizzard is going to keep trying to lie and say it's not true. My monthly subscription is better spent on EVE Online, for the three accounts I still have: one I paid for ,the other two I keep with in-game currency, as I have for the past five damn years.
Im not going to be a blizzdrone and pull the old "Maybe next expansion will be good?" bullocks, just unsub and move on with your lives. Everyone will say the next Xpac will be good. Its going to suck. Sorry, please just let this game die.
I would accept a letter from Mike Morhaime that basically says:

"Dear community,

We understand that we (bent you over and had our way) over promised and under-delivered. We understand that (we stole your lunch money) you are not getting the amount of quality and content for the money that you are used to from us. We will (maybe, probably, might change with the next Tweet) make things right for you in the next expansion.

Sincerely,

(From my private island wifi) The Management"
I wonder what will be the next hot topic of QQ once this dies down?
07/02/2015 10:03 PMPosted by Rezzyk
I would accept a letter from Mike Morhaime that basically says:

"Dear community,

We understand that we (bent you over and had our way) over promised and under-delivered. We understand that (we stole your lunch money) you are not getting the amount of quality and content for the money that you are used to from us. We will (maybe, probably, might change with the next Tweet) make things right for you in the next expansion.

Sincerely,

(From my private island wifi) The Management"
Speak for yourself. The raiding in WoD has been better than any expac. And that's all I've ever cared about. And if they've had their way with you, then you let them.

Years of advance notice is about as easing in as you can get.
07/02/2015 07:01 PMPosted by Domosh
07/02/2015 06:56 PMPosted by Toffeeapples
It sucks, I want to say that there's no way I'm buying the next expansion until I've seen overwhelmingly good feedback from players after it is released, but I know I won't be able to resist pre-ordering when they show what cute pet or mount I'll get for it, so there's no point lol. All I can do is hope they learnt from this experience and that the next adventure is awesome!

This is the caliber of person you're sharing this game with, if you're still subscribed.

Let that sink in.

Hey, I can't help it. I'm enticed by cute and/or shiny things both in games and real life. Sue me.

Edit: Oh, and hey. At least I'm being honest rather than ranting and raving and swearing I'm un-subbing and never subbing again! ....And then subbing next week, like the majority lol.
Don't care if it's the last raid or not, just DONT MAKE IT LAST A YEAR. That's all I want.

From a gameplay standpoint, having shorter xpacs is generally a good thing for how they design. They don't do major changes to various parts of the game within an xpac. There's only so much feedback they can act on with patches

For instance, the removal of shadow orbs, is only something they'll do with a new xpac.

And on other features, they can't really get rid of the negative xpacs of the garrison until the next one either.

I'd rather have stuff like that be fixed in Q1 2016 with a new xpac rather than bandaid fixes in 6.3/4 in Q1
07/02/2015 10:17 PMPosted by Ningjïng
Don't care if it's the last raid or not, just DONT MAKE IT LAST A YEAR. That's all I want.

From a gameplay standpoint, having shorter xpacs is generally a good thing for how they design. They don't do major changes to various parts of the game within an xpac. There's only so much feedback they can act on with patches

For instance, the removal of shadow orbs, is only something they'll do with a new xpac.

And on other features, they can't really get rid of the negative xpacs of the garrison until the next one either.

I'd rather have stuff like that be fixed in Q1 2016 with a new xpac rather than bandaid fixes in 6.3/4 in Q1

Sure, but only if I'm not paying for it.
The patch will last a year but eventually Blizz will add in flying and be like "Ohh yeah the next xpacs in 7months but heres flying thats content right..heh?"