Solution for Racials

Arenas
1 2 3 25 Next
Alliance racials are totally imbalanced. Humans and Night elves have the best racials in the game hands down. I was lucky enough to get the accolade of dominance on my mage last week and guess what. Worthless. I'm undead. There is still so much cc in the game you simply can't get by without a trinket even with a healer. A mongo block in the clutch can end up costing you the match. On my Druid it's even worse. Shadow meld is hands down the best ability for a feral or boomie. It lets you drop target and avoid a devastating cc chain or on feral you can meld for a free rake stun or vanish. War stomp is gimped because not only does it have a cast time but the stun is so short people can just spam an instant cast cc and get it off just before my clone casts. It's lame as crap.

So here is my solution. Make racials a choice that is baked into the character creation process. So whenever a player creates a new character they can choose which racial they think suits their class needs best. This makes it as fair as it can be without gutting racials from the game and no one would feel they had to play one faction over another to get a particular set of racials. You would choose which set you wanted.

Last but not least... oh you feel you picked the wrong racial? No biggie... buy a class change and simply recreate that toon again. Only costs a small amount of money and blizz makes $$. Everyone wins.
07/08/2015 01:28 PMPosted by Bosephus
I was lucky enough to get the accolade of dominance on my mage last week and guess what. Worthless. I'm undead.

that trinket isnt worthless because of your race

that trinket is just worthless
I think your missing the point troll sauce. Because I'm undead I can't do double dps trinket regardless so your post is meaningless.
well you don't have to waste your trinket of fear. Meaning you can save it for a stun and spend less time in CC than a human.
I think they have mentioned before that making racials a choice at character creation takes away from the point of racials in the first place, which is to give each race a minor benefit for uniqueness and flavor.

I think the better solution would to create racials that are cosmetic and don't relate to combat in any way. My example would be I really like stone form as a dwarf. It's cool and makes my character grow big and turn to stone. Why isn't that enough as a fun little piece of flavor? It doesn't also need to clear me of all dots and magic effects.

I'm not sure how we convey this message to the dev team though. There's been so much talk of racials over the years it's probably deafened them to the issue (as it has with many players as well).
07/08/2015 01:50 PMPosted by Dordrum
I think they have mentioned before that making racials a choice at character creation takes away from the point of racials in the first place, which is to give each race a minor benefit for uniqueness and flavor.

I think the better solution would to create racials that are cosmetic and don't relate to combat in any way. My example would be I really like stone form as a dwarf. It's cool and makes my character grow big and turn to stone. Why isn't that enough as a fun little piece of flavor? It doesn't also need to clear me of all dots and magic effects.

I'm not sure how we convey this message to the dev team though. There's been so much talk of racials over the years it's probably deafened them to the issue (as it has with many players as well).

I completely agree with this but it's either this or gut them from the game which is what you are suggesting.

Putting it in character creation would force them to call it something other than a racial but it solves the balance issue completely.
shadowmeld isnt really that op rofl.

the undead racial would by far be the best in the game if not for the human racial. and most of the human racials blow anyway. the funny part is that if you take out humans, horde might actually have the best racials by far. i actually think that orcs are very underrated when it comes to racials as well.
07/08/2015 01:57 PMPosted by Tsmlìnd

the undead racial would by far be the best in the game if not for the human racial. and most of the human racials blow anyway. the funny part is that if you take out humans, horde might actually have the best racials by far. i actually think that orcs are very underrated when it comes to racials as well.

Uh, versatility does not blow. Diplomacy is a nice little racial to have on the PvE side of things as well.

Taking out human still leaves shadowmeld and stoneform. Both of which are better than everything on the Horde side.

So nice try. So little success.
don't listen to the cyber bullies . the racials do make a difference , however in arena is skill and how you play with your skilled teammates as well . the racial is only gonna come into to play at the highest of levels .like the %1 ,

as far as the imbalance goes between faction , yes the top %29-2 stayed alliance , and the top %29-2 horde faction changed to alliance !

there is imbalance in PUG BG , arena and RBG just faction change to whats gonna be most fun for you , human/dwarf/NE for arena's

and yep blizzard makes money, and guess what if you qiut ! thats what those game tokens are really for !!!!!!!!!!!!!! the leet people who are upset with blizzard and cancel the subscription and are like take that,
however then they buy a game token and and don't pay the $14.99, however now someone else pays $20...

nobody wins every match except blizzard
07/08/2015 02:11 PMPosted by Elleraven
don't listen to the cyber bullies . the racials do make a difference , however in arena is skill and how you play with your skilled teammates as well . the racial is only gonna come into to play at the highest of levels .like the %1 ,

Last season there was only one Hordie in the top 400 arena players and that was an hPally.

So yes, it does make a huge difference even before the top 1%.

The reason why is pretty simple. Alliance racials are actually very useful in PvP at all levels. Not all mind, for the trolls lurking that want to point to Dark Flight.

I think too many people underestimate how valuable racials are in rated play. You either get the advantage or you get left behind.
07/08/2015 02:08 PMPosted by Orcpuncha
07/08/2015 01:57 PMPosted by Tsmlìnd

Uh, versatility does not blow. Diplomacy is a nice little racial to have on the PvE side of things as well.

Taking out human still leaves shadowmeld and stoneform. Both of which are better than everything on the Horde side.

orc:bloody fury/hardiness, both very solid racials.
undead:wotf/touch of the grave
troll:berzerking/voodoo shuffle/regeneration.

you make horde sound like theyre bad and their racials dont do anything. but they're really not that bad.
stoneform is strong but it can easily cost you games.
if a 2 min cd stealth that doesnt allow you to move or regain stealth while youre still in combat is making you lose games, then youre bad.

is the alliance overall better? yes. but that is because of human. remove human, and horde is better.
07/08/2015 02:20 PMPosted by Tsmlìnd
07/08/2015 02:08 PMPosted by Orcpuncha

orc:bloody fury/hardiness, both very solid racials.
undead:wotf/touch of the grave
troll:berzerking/voodoo shuffle/regeneration.

you make horde sound like theyre bad and their racials dont do anything. but they're really not that bad.
stoneform is strong but it can easily cost you games.
if a 2 min cd stealth that doesnt allow you to move or regain stealth while youre still in combat is making you lose games, then youre bad.

is the alliance overall better? yes. but that is because of human. remove human, and horde is better.

Blood fury is garbage. Hardiness and Command both got nerfed.
WotF has been nerfed so many times it isn't even funny.
Berserking isn't nearly as good as you make it out to be. Voodoo shuffle? A snare reduction when most of the snares in the game reapply every other global? What is the point of this still existing?

The reason Horde dominate PvE is because aesthetically they're more favored. The racials however are nowhere near as good as Alliance racials. That is an easily observable fact.

Up until 6.0 many Alliance racials left much to be desired. Shadowmeld and EMFH couldn't carry Alliance by themselves. 6.0 changed that along with introducing a lot of nerfs to Horde racials. This explains the imbalance we're seeing today.
So, we agree that Every Man For Himself is a problem. It's one that we want to fix. It's also a more complicated issue to solve than it may initially seem. We want to reduce the effectiveness of the Human racial, but we don't want to leave Humans with a useless racial either.

With Patch 6.2, we reduced the effectiveness of on-use trinkets which, in turn, reduced the relative strength of having two throughput trinkets equipped. Today, we’ve just pushed a hotfix that increases the raw stats on the Medallion trinkets (e.g. Versatility, Crit, Stamina, or Spirit) by 50%.

Our intent with both of these changes is to still allow Humans to benefit from equipping two throughput trinkets, but reduce how much of a benefit that is when compared to equipping a Medallion enough that other racial abilities feel more competitive. We'd love to hear how this change is working out once you've had a chance to play with it a little.
07/08/2015 05:24 PMPosted by Lore
So, we agree that Every Man For Himself is a problem. It's one that we want to fix. It's also a more complicated issue to solve than it may initially seem. We want to reduce the effectiveness of the Human racial, but we don't want to leave Humans with a useless racial either.

With Patch 6.2, we reduced the effectiveness of on-use trinkets which, in turn, reduced the relative strength of having two throughput trinkets equipped. Today, we’ve just pushed a hotfix that increases the raw stats on the Medallion trinkets (e.g. Versatility, Crit, Stamina, or Spirit) by 50%.

Our intent with both of these changes is to still allow Humans to benefit from equipping two throughput trinkets, but reduce how much of a benefit that is when compared to equipping a Medallion enough that other racial abilities feel more competitive. We'd love to hear how this change is working out once you've had a chance to play with it a little.

still wont stop horde from complaining
07/08/2015 05:24 PMPosted by Lore

Well, lets see how this "fix" goes.

07/08/2015 05:28 PMPosted by Tsmlìnd
still wont stop horde from complaining

"We've had the OP racials from Vanilla to Cata and before it was skill but NOW ITS ABOUT RACIALS SO UNFAIR OMG" - The Horde