Welp, ‘Bout Time to Hit the Ol’ Dusty Trail

General Discussion
Prev 1 20 21 22 41 Next
Micah,

You're one of my very favorite people, and it's been a privilege to count you among my colleagues and friends.

This isn't really goodbye, so I'll buy you a beer sometime.

- Nik
07/31/2015 02:00 PMPosted by Zarhym
Micah,

In all the years we've worked together, I can easily say this is the one forum post I hoped I'd never have to write. I even meant to pre-write it earlier this week so I could really take the time to say everything I want to say; but a part of me felt like, if I didn't write the post, maybe this whole situation with you leaving wouldn't actually be real. And yet, here we are.

We've been friends a pretty long time now, dating back some years before either of us were coworkers. I remember hanging out with you shortly after you started working in Tech Support at Blizzard and being so intrigued by what you were doing for a living. Not long after I got the job as a Game Master, you and Eyonix were the ones who made me realize I wanted to be a Community Manager. And your encouragement and support helped me greatly to finally land the gig, after being passed up more than once.

Since then you've become my best friend. And our relationship has become so inextricably linked to the fact that we're coworkers -- all the work we've done together, and all the company events and video game conventions we've attended -- that truly uncharted territory is ahead. But, you've also always been there for me during times of strife in my life and I can't express enough how much I appreciate you being a true friend...

Okay, I just need to stop. You're still alive and well, and we've already talked about making every effort to stay in touch and continue hanging out like we have been for years. Plus, now we don't have to worry about work stuff -- and, bonus, you don't have to be my boss anymore, short-lived though that arrangement has been. ;)

Change like this is just hard.

I love you like a brother and wish you all the best in taking over for Jon Stewart as host of The Daily Show. What an amazing opportunity!

Your Best-Good Friend,
Jonathan

Who is cutting onions? :(.
We'll miss you Bashiok! You were a major part of the forums, and I know I'll be sad when I don't see you replying and stuff. <3
Goodbye mister tree!
Wish you all the best on the upcoming new Journey, may it be as fulfilling as the one you are leaving here, will miss seeing you here.
Can I have your gold? I think that's what we post when people leave.
Good luck to you, sir.

wish you all the best in taking over for Jon Stewart as host of The Daily Show. What an amazing opportunity!

Wait, what?
Noo!!!

Best of luck Bashiok, you were a great CM and will be missed! Thank you for everything!
The responses in this thread are a testament to your greatness as not only a community manager but as a person. We'll miss you dearly around the office, so be sure to stop by and say hello every opportunity you get!

Best of luck in your upcoming adventures, Micah.
You'll always be Drysc to me.

Best of luck. May rogues ever cry in your presence.
Sorry to see you go Micah.

I remember back when you were working in tech support and Chad, Marty, and yourself would always be more than willing to share any information you could with the OTS crew. I know several of us from OTS have gone on to become developers for various companies, and I still like to give credit to the three of you for helping fuel our curiosities of programming.

Thanks for always keeping a fun attitude in your work. I very fondly remember the day the Battle.net front page was redesigned and you were with us in a private channel overly joyed at us finding the easter egg at the bottom of the page of Kerrigan parodying Princess Leah begging Raynor for help.

As much as I hate to see you go, I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

-SquelchMePlz

PS: Tell Marty that he must stay forever since you and Chad are gone. :'(
Farewell. Find happiness.
I feel like you will never be forgotten. We love you! Thank you for all your hard work and dedication that let's us enjoy a game!
I love you like a brother and wish you all the best in taking over for Jon Stewart as host of The Daily Show. What an amazing opportunity!

This feels like one of those traps that gets added to the end of a story to see if anyone was really paying attention.
Well, all the best, dear tree. The road goes ever onward. Have a great summer!
I've been playing since Vanilla, and though many forum mods, devs, etc., have come and gone, you have always been one of the clearest most consistent voices here on the forums.

Though it might be a bit sad to be moving on, take heart in that you've left behind a great team who will continue to do their best to take care of the community.

You'll not be forgotten, and a very sincere thank you for everything you've done for the community and the game. Good luck in your future ventures!
Fairwell Bashiok. I wish you good luck and happiness in whatever endeavor your pursue.
Never met you. Probably never will. But I can say that you were the most amazing forum-tree I ever met.

*salute*

May your leaves be ever green. And purple, of course.
Is it sad that I didn't even know this many Blues existed?
This joke is probably used by now, but

What's with all these "I QUIT" threads!!!