So what are the capital cities now?

General Discussion
I have not played WoW in about 5-6 years. I just got back and Org/Stormwind are dead. Where are the new hangout spots where everyone is at? Where does most of the population reside for horde and alliance?

The feels are real when you realize no one hangs out at those spots anymore.
The horde mostly hang out in the frostfire garrison, and the alliance mostly hang out in the shadowmoon garrison.
SW and IF both see some activity on my server, then there's folks in Stormshield (Ashran) and Warspear. But, mostly this:

07/09/2015 11:35 AMPosted by Sparks
The horde mostly hang out in the frostfire garrison, and the alliance mostly hang out in the shadowmoon garrison.
Garrisons are the correct answer, bad as it may be...
07/09/2015 11:27 AMPosted by Frostycheck
I have not played WoW in about 5-6 years. I just got back and Org/Stormwind are dead. Where are the new hangout spots where everyone is at? Where does most of the population reside for horde and alliance?

The feels are real when you realize no one hangs out at those spots anymore.

The Garrisons replaced absolutely everything a capital city would ever be used for, down to Guild and Personal Banks, Auction House and Void Storage/Transmog NPCs.

Since im a mage I port to Stormwind to do my shopping when I have too. Otherwise im in my Garrison
07/09/2015 11:27 AMPosted by Frostycheck
I have not played WoW in about 5-6 years. I

Ohhhh boy, you are in for some shell shock.
I see, so garrison is the replacement.
07/09/2015 11:42 AMPosted by Frostycheck

They'll be gone in next expansion thankfully.
Im so confused about the garrison. I was at the frostfire ridge garrison and I there was no one. I just started the WoD quest line and I ended up there. I was able to add buildings to the garrsion sooooo that confused me as to how the heck it was a main city. Do I need to complete my questline? so confused with this new WoW stuff.....

Or Vol'mar. (Since I assume you're Horde.)

No its not. Nothing replaces being in a zone where you can see other people and see them talk and do stuff. Your Garrison is a solo instance that only you see (Unless you invite somone in)
I'm taking a risk here on you not trolling, oh level 90 with no achievements...

Garrisons are instanced and individual. Yours is yours, mine is mine. No sharey, no touchy.
07/09/2015 11:45 AMPosted by Frostycheck
Im so confused about the garrison. I was at the frostfire ridge garrison and I there was no one. I just started the WoD quest line and I ended up there. I was able to add buildings to the garrsion sooooo that confused me as to how the heck it was a main city. Do I need to complete my questline? so confused with this new WoW stuff.....

So...you know when you do a dungeon or a raid its all an instanced area so that you are not fighting for bosses with other groups? That's basically what a garrison is: an instanced area where you will not see anyone unless you personally invite them in.
People are in Tanaan right now? That's the most populated uninstanced area I've seen these days.
07/09/2015 11:35 AMPosted by Sparks
or ashran if you can get inside

pve and pvp instances have lots of people too and pet battles
there is people everywhere you just can't see them due to instances and phases
I really don't like where this is going. Its really stupid to be honest. I missed the social aspect of Wow. This just does the opposite. Especially for people coming back to wow. I loved being in Org/Stormwind/Dalaran and having tons of people just chilling
Depends on your server, but most servers I'm on have plenty of players hanging out in Orgrimmar and the Undercity during afternoons and evenings.
Booty Bay and Area 52 should be capital cities. ;-)
Pandaren shrines.
07/09/2015 11:47 AMPosted by Grralt
I'm taking a risk here on you not trolling, oh level 90 with no achievements...

Garrisons are instanced and individual. Yours is yours, mine is mine. No sharey, no touchy.
magic phases everyone is already there we just can't see them haha