darkmoon Rabbit

Customer Support
so i was in about 6 raids today for rabbit and raid leaders have it set to group loot but noone can roll for it it just drops as a free for all loot can you fix this bug?
If you feel that there's a bug, you'll want to post it in the Bug Report forums:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1012660/
i did and was ignore going on 4 days and still no fix
08/04/2015 06:14 AMPosted by Jynnepower

Just because you reported doesn't mean the developers are going to drop everything and push out a fix.

First they have to find what ( and if there is one) the issue is.
08/04/2015 06:14 AMPosted by Jynnepower

You're not being ignored. You're reporting a bug. That does not require that they reply and fix it (assuming it is a bug) within 4 days.

Unless the QA team needs more information, they will rarely reply to bug posts.
Word is that Blizzard changed this loot mechanic to the "First person loot" rule So, no roll. Even if they're not in group, someone can ninja the loot.

This might be great for those who roll that way, but I think for the most part, folks believe that this should, at the minimum, be assigned as an individual loot item. Opposed to being given out to the person that is closest to the pet when it dies.

Blizzard really needs to re-examine the thought process on this one.
08/04/2015 12:21 PMPosted by Dalliekatnis
Word is that Blizzard changed this loot mechanic to the "First person loot" rule So, no roll. Even if they're not in group, someone can ninja the loot.

This might be great for those who roll that way, but I think for the most part, folks believe that this should, at the minimum, be assigned as a individual loot item. Opposed to being given out to the person that is closest tot he pet when it dies.

Blizzard really needs to re-examine the thought process on this one.

So, use the in game suggestion tool if you feel that Blizzard should make a change.

Or post on the appropriate forums for this discussion - General Discussion would be most appropriate.
Really?

Thanks for the tip... lol

Edit: As for posting here, this is in reply to the OP. Genius.
08/04/2015 12:28 PMPosted by Dalliekatnis

Still a suggestion that doesn't belong here.
08/04/2015 12:38 PMPosted by Scüba
08/04/2015 12:28 PMPosted by Dalliekatnis

Still a suggestion that doesn't belong here.

And won't do anyone a damn bit of good until it reaches the Blizzard folks after being submitted properly.
As I understand it, this is a known issue that our QA and Dev teams are aware of. I don't have any updates on a possible resolution, but last I saw it was being looked into.

~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~

How's my driving? Click me.
Thanks for the info Vrak.

I joined a group just yesterday hoping to get this little guy for my kiddo only to watch the tank grab it and immediately drop group. Not even the courtesy to allow the rest of us to roll on it, though he/she sure didn't take down the mob by themselves. Glad to finally see an acknowledgment that this is truly a bug and not intentional. :)
Good to know but this needs to be fixed asap. It's terrible that it has been allowed to exist for more than a single darkmoon faire. You have people realm hopping to ninja the rabbit and throw on the AH.
We just had a ninja looter lay those stupid cushion chairs over the corpse then looted it. It should be random to whoever kills it,. not the first who loots. It isn't worth the hassle if a ninja is just going to get it anyway.
08/05/2015 08:43 AMPosted by Sabelle
It should be random to whoever kills it,. not the first who loots.

08/04/2015 12:56 PMPosted by Vrakthris
As I understand it, this is a known issue that our QA and Dev teams are aware of. I don't have any updates on a possible resolution, but last I saw it was being looked into.

As already mentioned in this thread, it's not supposed to be the first who loots it and they're working on a resolution.
08/05/2015 08:43 AMPosted by Sabelle
It isn't worth the hassle if a ninja is just going to get it anyway.

Even though this is not intended... You can not ninja anything in wow...
I also came upon this problem. I had no knowledge of there being a bug. No one mentioned it and if they knew and thought they were the only one who knew, they kept it to themselves to be the first to loot it. I just submitted a bug and even though it feels like I would get a better response from opening a ticket, this feels like one of those things that will get looked over because of more pressing concerns such as the new expansion, flying in Draenor, etc. This seems to be a very simple bug and hopefully this hasn't been going on too long or it will turn into something else people ramble on about in the forums like this...

Damn.
08/06/2015 04:14 AMPosted by Draconnus
I just submitted a bug and even though it feels like I would get a better response from opening a ticket,

You wouldn't. You would be told it's a bug and they're working on it as already mentioned above. Also, your concerns about it being ignored are based on your assumption that the same people programming the expansion (the developers) are the same people that work on bug (the QA team). They're not.

So just sit tight while the QA team works on a resolution.

08/06/2015 04:14 AMPosted by Draconnus
This seems to be a very simple bug

I'm sure it does, especially with no knowledge of how much programming they need to go through to try and find it in the code and fix it. Why is it everyone thinks that every bug is a "simple one"?