Another class to fit...

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
into an already crowded 20m mythic raid.

It really feels difficult to try and include every class already with 20 raid slots, and now we're adding another? I mean I think Demon Hunter is bad !@#, just thinking through logistics moving forward with yet another class thrown in the mix.

Also with how random (and really pretty poor in WoD's case) most class balancing has been and usually the excuse thrown out by blizzard is how many specs/classes there are. And now we're adding more.

What's going to make this aspect of the game improve moving forward, when you seem to be adding more cogs to the machine?
- has a tank spec which will be pointless in any decent guild since any guild worth a damn has its tank spots locked up permanently

- has a melee dps spec which will be pointless in yet another expansion of huntard dominance

--> like the deathknight all over again, minus the stupid OP part

who cares about all this lore/story crap, we need important gameplay specifics

1) melee/ranged disparity
2) healing model and what to do with absorbs
3) ranged mobility skewed extremely in favor of huntards
4) worthless secondary stats for lots of specs
5) horrible horrible endgame RNG itemization/loot system
08/06/2015 01:00 PMPosted by Valkür
- has a tank spec which will be pointless in any decent guild since any guild worth a damn has its tank spots locked up permanently
Lol no. Plenty of existing tanks will reroll for the expansion, especially if it's OP.

Unless you forgot MoP and a LOT of people who knew monks were going to be OP from beta, and rerolling accordingly...?

But anyways, yeah, the melee oversaturation is ridiculous. There's already only 3-6 melee spots (and 6 is pushing it, 7 is ridiculous), good luck finding a raid if you're a melee dps that's a little below average. On the other hand, ranged? Fiesta, you can be Jimmy Keyboardturns and it'll be an intense bidding war.

I dunno, throughout this expansion alone Blizzard has shown that their plan to increase customer retention is to completely give up on any competitive part of the game, PvE and PvP. Just look at challenge modes this expansion, complete joke.
I'd rather have a demon hunter than another hunter or mage in my raid.
08/06/2015 01:08 PMPosted by Kangarooster

But anyways, yeah, the melee oversaturation is ridiculous. There's already only 3-6 melee spots (and 6 is pushing it, 7 is ridiculous), good luck finding a raid if you're a melee dps that's a little below average. On the other hand, ranged? Fiesta, you can be Jimmy Keyboardturns and it'll be an intense bidding war.

And this.

Hey so I guess decent guilds have never used BM monks or blood DKs ever. Warriors and paladins and druids are the only tanks any guild has ever used or needed since vanilla.

has a melee dps spec which will be pointless in yet another expansion of huntard dominance

There's been literally no discussion or even HINT about what class balance will look like so this is just plain ignorant.

who cares about all this lore/story crap, we need important gameplay specifics

What part of "preview" did you not understand.

Many, many, many people reroll on new expansions especially ones where a class or something gets added.
If they bring unique buffs/abilities to encounters they could be very useful despite being melee (think rogues).

Or maybe blizzard could design fights where bringing an extra melee or 2 doesn't gimp the entire raid.
The problem I see is that there's no bonus to additional melee or tanks within in a raid. Remember when 3 tanks was the norm?

It sure was a long time ago...
has a tank spec which will be pointless in any decent guild since any guild worth a damn has its tank spots locked up permanently

Hero class, until the nerf happens expect demon hunter in blues to be >then all other tanks in epics.
Melee spots are so hard to justify these days too.

And now they are turning survival hunter into a melee spec, DH is a melee. I really hope they do something to address the ranged favoritism, especially at the mythic level.

From a fantasy point of view, sure it all sounds awesome. But when it comes down to it unless they address the melee issue it just creates an even worse melee cluster!@#$ than there already is.
There's a simple solution to this: make bosses bigger. But yes, making them melee seems terrible. Although if they were range, warlocks would complain.
08/07/2015 07:11 AMPosted by Artunias
Melee spots are so hard to justify these days too.

Unless you're in a world first guild, not really. There's been a lot of good melee fights in the past few tiers.

And now they are turning survival hunter into a melee spec, DH is a melee. I really hope they do something to address the ranged favoritism, especially at the mythic level.

They're creating 2 more melee specs and you really think next tier won't have more melee-friendly fights? Really?
08/08/2015 04:34 AMPosted by Rutenio
There's a simple solution to this: make bosses bigger.

I'm ranged, and I haven't seen any part of a boss above the navel in the last three xpacs, and my camera is zoomed out as far as it can go. Which is not very far, because all the fights take place inside rooms not much bigger.

Firelands was awesome in this respect, but I didn't appreciate it at the time.

Anyhow. Don't make the bosses any taller, just make them wider. Like a middle-aged hobbit from Ohio.
Who says you need one of every class? We didn't have a mage for our Blackhand kill.
[quote]

They're creating 2 more melee specs and you really think next tier won't have more melee-friendly fights? Really?

They have shown no inclination to do such the past two expansions. Why should that magically change unless they mention it?

There are fights that melee are very good on, but you still don't want more than a few. Where you can always have as many ranged as you want basically.
12 classes. 20 raid spots. unless I did my calculus wrong, it seems like you still have 8 slots to spare to double down on classes instead of 9.
08/06/2015 12:32 PMPosted by Artunias
into an already crowded 20m mythic raid.

It really feels difficult to try and include every class already with 20 raid slots, and now we're adding another? I mean I think Demon Hunter is bad !@#, just thinking through logistics moving forward with yet another class thrown in the mix.

Also with how random (and really pretty poor in WoD's case) most class balancing has been and usually the excuse thrown out by blizzard is how many specs/classes there are. And now we're adding more.

What's going to make this aspect of the game improve moving forward, when you seem to be adding more cogs to the machine?

08/08/2015 09:39 PMPosted by Bjoerg
12 classes. 20 raid spots. unless I did my calculus wrong, it seems like you still have 8 slots to spare to double down on classes instead of 9.

12 melee specs
12 ranged specs
6 tank specs
6 healer specs

the game has become mathematically balanced
08/08/2015 04:34 AMPosted by Rutenio
There's a simple solution to this: make bosses bigger. But yes, making them melee seems terrible. Although if they were range, warlocks would complain.

What do you mean would?