Raiders don't deserve the best gear.

General Discussion
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 Next
08/11/2015 08:33 AMPosted by Tarawa
08/11/2015 03:59 AMPosted by Dreadnaughty
How does that make any sense? You use best gear for the hardest bosses that only the raiders see, therefore, they earn it.

The world content back in the day took longer than a day or even a week to get through, hell it could take months. In all that time you would have to gather and make stuff for the end content. The world back then was the content, raids were the after thought, because so few actually got to participate. Most people were out in the world grinding out mats to support their guilds.

Somewhere along the line the world started to take the back seat to raid and over time and up to WoD the focus now is more on the raid content, then the content that makes the raid content even worth doing.

The OP is correct at one point this game was about content and far less about an ilvl or a clock or a ring or even an achievement to get into content. This game was in a much better state when the content matter more than the gear one got. Sure people got all excited about people having various sets of gear and they wanted it to. Problem is and was so few actually had complete set of gear and when someone would actually complete a set they were looked up to for doing so.

Gear had a sort of prestige back then, because so few were able to actually get through the content. Today most people could careless about the content and many just focus on the gear as the their holy grail for making it through the content. This use to be different and many that play back then seem to forget a lot of the little things.

Hopefully what they are now doing with the weapons in Legion, along with the changes they are making in taking the focus of gear off of pvp. They end up doing the same with the pve gear in the expansion after Legion and putting the focus totally back on the content as a whole.

Gear in recent years has been far more the problem, then it should be made to have. Constant fighting over who get the gear, what stats, what type, what pieces should someone get, even fighting over how it all looks.

The content as whole used to be far more savage overall, it time to make the game to back to when the content was king and the gear was an after thought.

It sure was great being completely cockblocked on Ragnaros for 2 months because you needed to farm more cores for fire resist gear. Oh and then doing it again in AQ except it was nature resist, with the caveat you were completely screwed if you weren't the top guild on the server because you weren't getting loot from those green drakes otherwise. Then you got another month and change of farming Naxxramas just to get enough frost resist gear to make Sapphiron remotely possible. This time if you weren't the top guild all your warriors would get poached the instant they got 4pc so the other, better guild could kill 4 Horsemen.

All those really cool rare patterns that dropped like Cloudbreak Legplates, Lionheart Helm, Stronghold Gauntlets, those were all drops from world bosses that only raiders got the kill.

The only redeemable thing from Vanilla was the server communities that sprang up, unfortunately LFR, and Cross Realm Raiding/Zones have pretty much killed that bit of the game
08/11/2015 04:11 AMPosted by Liandry
Raiders do deserve the best gear - because they're the ones who need it.

No where else in the game will you come across a challenge like a mythic boss.
This is like saying you need mythic warforged gear to make your ships stop blowing up when you fail missions.

If dungeons, or crafting were on the same caliber as raiding, then why would anyone raid at all? You're asking to destroy a core part of the game, to make the other things relevant.

nothing challenging about pve,stop fighting scripted battles against NPCs and fight a real player that is a true challenge.
08/11/2015 04:26 AMPosted by Janthia
And then you moan that you don't get the same loot as him because you sat in your garrison, clicked buttons and queued for things for an entire year? Lol.

Hey, clicking all those start mission buttons and chest reawrds while master planner was down gave me carpal tunnel. I deserve mythic gear for that!
I disagree with OP. I have not much raiding experience and I've mostly done normals on my mage. But if they work hard to get to the top level raiding like Mythics then yes, they DO deserve the very best gear that the system offers in that context.
I do a lot of PvP on a lot of my characters, I pug raids on other characters N/H. They earn it far more than a few people doing 2/3s or crafters. Cause its so hard to cap out conquest per week and so hard to gather mats.

Though a nice re-haul of the system for crafting would be just... It could be done better.
08/11/2015 05:13 PMPosted by Drazix

nothing challenging about pve,stop fighting scripted battles against NPCs and fight a real player that is a true challenge.

No... no its not. Thats why we have BG's and Twinks.

You think its a challenge? Really? Do you understand how casual PvP actually is once you are devoted to it?

Wait for an opener, counter with Defensive CD, use burst/heal, wait for CD off cooldown. Repeat process till target is dead or you are dead.

So exciting... And this coming from someone who just loves to WPvP just to see how people react. All it ads is more excitement to a game... if you are on a PvP realm that is.
I am the one that deserves the best gear

I am the smartest and coolest guy
The fact this post hasn't been buried at this point shows how hopeless this community is for pushing for the correct changes. No getting raid quality gear for just logging on throughout WoD without raiding wasn't enough. We gotta make it so mythic gear drops from everything solo player focused despite that they have no actual use for it. These forums are unbelievable right now.
08/11/2015 03:57 AMPosted by Ràger
"Why do players need the best gear if you are not raiding."

That line is used poorly everyone needs a way to progress their character in power. That's one of the core features of an rpg.

That said I think Mythic raiders deserve better rewards than Heroic raiders, Normal raiders, Dungeon runners, and questers, Why? Because Mythic raiding is the hardest form of PvE content and should contain the highest level of reward for being such.
08/11/2015 03:57 AMPosted by Ràger
^ Raiders should get Unique gear, but BEST gear no.

This is a game play flaw that needs to be handle in Legion. The question. "Why do players need the best gear if you are not raiding." Is the problem with your game design.

Raiding
Grouping
Solo
Crafting
Duos/Three mans.

All content should lead to the same point, and each one of them should be able to be customize depending on that players play style and skill levels. Players should have content that they enjoy doing, That they can do at whatever pace they want to do, and be rewarded for doing it..

"That would make the game easier." That depends on the person. For some, they would not mind taking a slower path and enjoy the ride to get to the point with every one else. The time invested for doing such path should be rewarded.

Others who want to test themselves, They could scale dungeons on what they want. "Solo" and "scale to very hard" Or "Duo". Whatever the point is that having freedom and options to play how you enjoy, Is what Wow needs to do.

Raiding should be some thing you want to do for the enjoyment of raiding, and getting extra fluff things. Power should not be tied to just raiding.

This one big change could add life into the future of the game as well, and giving players freedom to enjoy Wow in his or her own way. That is how you bring back people.

Some times, you need to look into the past. "Some fun Mud rpgs" to get ideas for the future.

You are an autistic retard. Please unsub.
08/11/2015 05:57 PMPosted by Whitecrow
That line is used poorly everyone needs a way to progress their character in power. That's one of the core features of an rpg.

That said I think Mythic raiders deserve better rewards than Heroic raiders, Normal raiders, Dungeon runners, and questers, Why? Because Mythic raiding is the hardest form of PvE content and should contain the highest level of reward for being such.

True, but you don't need the best gear if you aren't raiding, since it's entirely unnecessary. Things like the upcoming artifact system is great though, as it's character specific progression.
OMFG.................this thread seals it................gonna start looking for a Mythic raiding group guild now. That way I can opine from ALL perspectives.

Can I have 2 guilds?
08/11/2015 04:13 AMPosted by Ràger
Effort is not the same for each person, To many people time invested into the game is effort on its own. With people having limited time.

And raiding takes the most time.

Steamrolling over LFD bosses takes about 10-15 minutes.
I think people are being overly critical, I didn't read OP's post as "I want free mythic gear...", it sounds to me more like he's challenging the game paradigm that gear needs to be tied to raiding. I like this idea that raiding is something you do because you want to. Everyone gets rewards in different ways. Does gear *need* to be a part of that equation? Most people who are arguing "yes" is because "that's the only thing they know." (well, how do I advance if I don't have better gear? why raid if I"m not getting better gear?)

That's exactly what he's saying! Take gear out of the raid equation and you're left with something quite beautiful, raiding for the sake of it.

It's not hard to abstract these ideas and challenge an existing game model, in fact, it's quite healthy. I applaud you OP and I'm sorry that people aren't able to extract this meaning from your message.
I too get very jealous of raiders parading around in really nice gear that I don't have. Although, since they raided to get it and I didn't, I don't really see that it's anybody's responsibility that they have better gear other than mine. I'll just be jealous and deal with it as my own problem and I have no issue with that.
08/11/2015 06:16 PMPosted by Kep
Take gear out of the raid equation and you're left with something quite beautiful, raiding for the sake of it.

[/quote]

Ugh, would I have to get Vent again.........................but playing the game for the sake of playing the game again???? I'm ALL IN.......................

Sick of the gear grind...........
08/11/2015 04:02 AMPosted by Shimaala
You clearly don't understand what this game is for.

Funny i thought the purpose of any game was to have fun >.>
08/11/2015 03:59 AMPosted by Dreadnaughty
How does that make any sense? You use best gear for the hardest bosses that only the raiders see, therefore, they earn it.

Raids should get best gear, but it shouldn't the only way to get GOOD gear.
Idiotic OP? Check
Idiotic responses from OP? Check
OP is from Moon Guard? Check

Nothing to see here folks.