So do blockade missions ever go away?

General Discussion
So let me start by saying that I am one of those people who absolutely refuses to lose ships, so I never send out anything less than 100%. Ever. It doesn't matter how good the reward is, if I can't counter it fully, I don't do it. Some of them eventually go away and new missions pop up and it's not a big deal.

Well today, a blockade mission popped up with Expert Captain, you know, the thing that can't be countered directly. It's basically impossible to get that mission to 100%. So is that part of the map going to be off limits to me now for the rest of eternity, or will the blockade, like other missions, eventually go away on its own?
No, they don't go away until you beat them. Honestly, I do 80% missions all the time and have lost maybe one ship?
I don't think they go away but I am not 100% sure as I do them when they pop but, if you do not send ships out if they have less than 100%, quit the shipyard. You will never be able to 100% everything. It's by design.
Once, on one of my alts I lost a blue submarine that I had levelled all the way from green.

I built a new submarine and it was epic.
I got my heirloom ring off a 70% mission just give it a go ships are only a click away to a new one
07/27/2015 04:26 PMPosted by Vindelle
So let me start by saying that I am one of those people who absolutely refuses to lose ships, so I never send out anything less than 100%. Ever. It doesn't matter how good the reward is, if I can't counter it fully, I don't do it. Some of them eventually go away and new missions pop up and it's not a big deal.

Well today, a blockade mission popped up with Expert Captain, you know, the thing that can't be countered directly. It's basically impossible to get that mission to 100%. So is that part of the map going to be off limits to me now for the rest of eternity, or will the blockade, like other missions, eventually go away on its own?
The point is its rigged and blizzard made a dumb designed. You are set up to fail and keep losing your ships and the goal is to keep leveling up your ships that take forever only for it to get destroyed and having to start all over again.
You must have reached the oil cap already.
Seriously, I have never run out of oil and I send my ships out on 60% missions all the time. You're just wasting your own time by being stingy with your oil when nobody has ever run out of oil. Ever. Not even once.
I run out of oil on this character all the time. I had a severe string of bad luck with missions, and 400 a day isn't enough to just spam missions.
Once you get the sea chart, the shipyard is pointless.
07/27/2015 04:55 PMPosted by Notpreparedd
Seriously, I have never run out of oil and I send my ships out on 60% missions all the time. You're just wasting your own time by being stingy with your oil when nobody has ever run out of oil. Ever. Not even once.

Building new ships also costs resources, which we are running out of.

If you try to do shipyards on alts you will run out of oil extremely quickly unless you do the Oil daily or kill the oil rares on a semi-regular basis.

Not saying it isn't fairly easy to do unless you have a lot of alts, but it is very possible to be out of oil in no time.
07/27/2015 05:00 PMPosted by Phlynch

Building new ships also costs resources, which we are running out of.
They just doubled the amount of resources you from the Tanaan dailies.
is that part of the map going to be off limits to me now for the rest of eternity

Yep. Or until you stop being a wuss.
07/27/2015 05:01 PMPosted by Ravenskar
If you try to do shipyards on alts you will run out of oil extremely quickly unless you do the Oil daily or kill the oil rares on a semi-regular basis.
there is an oil rig plan in the tanaan vendors but that reqires work to get the rep not sure if that helps thoe
Ugh. Yeah I don't like losing something I put work into, even if it wasn't a lot of work. I hate games where you lose xp or currency when you die, it just seems stupid and punishing for absolutely no reason at all.

Okay, don't run any mission below 100% ever, and watch as your naval table slowly becomes overrun with unbeatable blockades.

Or just run them at the 80% or whatever, and watch as miraculously most of your missions succeed as expected, and your shipyard income grows dramatically.
get a boat you don't mind losing. Call it "Fiber" just to clear those blockade missions.
Do you also never leave your house for fear of mosquito bite?
07/27/2015 04:29 PMPosted by Vigilate
No, they don't go away until you beat them. Honestly, I do 80% missions all the time and have lost maybe one ship?

Even 80% isn't worth it, 20% chance to fail.