Want to backup your WoW account? Try this.

New Player Help and Guides
I'm 100% certain some players have had a hard drive fail at some point and were unable to retrieve precious addons and settings. I know I have. I also like to fresh install Windows every 2 years or so, to clean out the crap. One thing I spend more time on than I should is setting up my UI. Some addons take far too long to setup and get just right. The worst feeling is when you discover that all that time spent setting it up is gone.

You could pay for a premium service to do this for you. Save the money and do it yourself. This guide shows you how to backup the important folders just in case.

Watch an example here: https://youtu.be/qLf20VgvRW8

Step-by-step

1) Install Google Drive, Dropbox or your preferred cloud service. Once installed move the WTF and/or Interface folder to the root of the cloud folder. The folders you move should NO LONGER exist in the program files of World of Warcraft. A link will be created later on.

2) Let the files upload 100% before you continue.

3) Open a command prompt as an Admin. Windows 8 and later press [Win] + [X] and then [A].

4) Type or paste in: mklink /j "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF" "C:\Users\<username>\<yourcloudfolder>\WTF"
    For an example mine looked like this: mklink /j "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF" "C:\Users\cbabb\Google Drive\WTF"

5) Press enter and you should see the text Junction created If you see a syntax error you have done something wrong and need to look over what you have typed, or make sure the folders do not exist in the World of Warcraft install.

You can now launch the game and everything will work as normal. Your addons and/or account settings will be backed up as you play.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you mess something up. This has worked fine for me for about a week. I decided to share to help others. If you lose your settings because you made an error, that's unfortunate but also your fault. Also, if I have posted this in the wrong section, please move it to where it should be. Since this is a guide I posted it here.