Tirion dies, Thrall retires.

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
IMO this is the most likely scenario for the next expansion. Do you agree?
A couple sites have mentioned that Thrall is supposed to 'lose hope' in the next expansion but I haven't gotten a source for it.

That would be very interesting if he decides to retire.

As for Tirion, the circumstances behind retrieving Ashbringer point to his death I think.
08/09/2015 04:43 PMPosted by Morgam
A couple sites have mentioned that Thrall is supposed to 'lose hope' in the next expansion but I haven't gotten a source for it.

As for Tirion, the circumstances behind retrieving Ashbringer point to his death I think.

Nah, see Ashbringer was confiscated from Tirion because his first instinct upon hearing the return of the Burning Legion was to have the Argent Tournament transported from Northrend to the Broken Isles.
I think it should be the opposite way….Tirion goes to Hearthglen, trains young paladins, Thrall dies heroically at the hands of somebody in the level 108-110 zone or whatever it will be.

Aye, sadly enough, death has always been involved when passing the Ashbringer to its next wielder.
Horde would riot if they killed green jesus, they already killed off the best horde leader, Cairne, now Thrall, not gunna happen
I heard they were going to go the lazy route, and make Sylvanus "go crazy, and corrupted", and make her a raid boss next expansion, which again horribly lazy. If you want to make some go evil at least stop the corrupted/crazy route.
08/09/2015 04:59 PMPosted by Billygibbons
Horde would riot if they killed green jesus, they already killed off the best horde leader, Cairne, now Thrall, not gunna happen

I'd believe you if it was pre-cata Thrall. Now he's a shadow of his former self and of course he'd "lose hope". It's that Thrall-Aggra wedding questline all over again lol

As for Tirion I was hoping he'd die naturally of old age. I mean he was already pretty old during Wrath wasn't he? He's on his death bed and you as the Ret Paladin go and be his final visitor where you ease him to his death comfortably and give him a sense of hope for the future through a few quests beforehand like training young paladins under his watch, and at the end of it all he bestows upon you the right to wield Ashbringer and meet justice throughout the world.
08/09/2015 05:01 PMPosted by Thirdfaction
I heard they were going to go the lazy route, and make Sylvanus "go crazy, and corrupted", and make her a raid boss next expansion, which again horribly lazy. If you want to make some go evil at least stop the corrupted/crazy route.

What do you mean "go" crazy and corrupted. She's bought a condo there.
Thrall is a shaman, he can self rez, but we will already have looted his body and taken his pants.
08/09/2015 05:01 PMPosted by Thirdfaction

I heard that they were going to have all the gnomes merge into a super gnome and will destroy us all and that is how the game ends.

Thrall losing hope, this would be a very sad ending for his story. I rather see him die
08/09/2015 04:48 PMPosted by Zulan

Nah, see Ashbringer was confiscated from Tirion because his first instinct upon hearing the return of the Burning Legion was to have the Argent Tournament transported from Northrend to the Broken Isles.
They did say we would all be shocked. They didn't say in a good or bad way.
08/09/2015 05:07 PMPosted by Dumass

Thrall losing hope, this would be a very sad ending for his story. I rather see him die

I see you've discovered your Caps Lock key.

I would joust the !@#$ out of Gul'dan.
08/09/2015 05:07 PMPosted by Dumass

I agree. Recently re-played Warcraft 3 today, and i reconnected with Thrall. to see him lose all hope will make me sad. Although maybe we return hope to him later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kdnuqYh4jo
As much as i love Tirion (one of my top favorite characters), it will make sense for him to die. Because Tirion isn't the type to lose hope, BUT Chris Met.....i mean Thrall has always lost hope here and there, and tends to blame himself for a lot of things. Those are just my thoughts though.
08/09/2015 05:09 PMPosted by Zaldross
They did say we would all be shocked. They didn't say in a good or bad way.

thrall dies

that the shocking thing

or is it jaina dying?

or dark lady

or muirfion

or all of them
What if Aggra dies