League of Angels, copyright issues...

General Discussion
So I was browsing a website when an ad came up for a game called League of Angels...it caught my eye because it said new hero: Tyrael! Which had a cartoonized look. Of Tyrael from Diablo....literally the exact same look. When I went to the site, I looked at the "heroes" page and found 'Lead Ysera into battle, guardian of the great tree!'

Obvious references, just putting that out there. It's really despicable how little creativity people have...

Also, this game charges cash for some things, so completely illegal.
agreed, found this today. how have they not had their pants sued off??
I see these rifpoff games all the time. They steal art, sound, and other assets from popular games to make their own games.

They cannot be sued because the developers often live in countries where copyright laws have little to no bearing, and therefore it would be impossible to sue them. That's how they get away with it.
Ripoff games literally do not give a !@#$, as Ariesmet said, the countries that those games come from have woefully inadequate copyright laws so they just... get away with it.
Same thing with that MOBA (300 heroes i believe is the name). Who had ripped shrek, wall e and other various characters and just stuck them in. I think its China that has the really loose copyright laws so very little can be done to stop it.
Chinese toilet paper is made out of recycled copyright lawsuit subpoenas.
copyright@blizzard.com

But, as has been pointed out, a lot of the time these games are developed in countries where copyright isn't a thing. Still, Blizz can at least attempt to nix distribution attempts on US-based platforms so its always good to give them a heads up.
Yeah... it's pretty evident that the game is made in a non English-speaking country, judging by their grammatical and syntax errors.

I have heard that China has extremely powerful copyright rules but also has written in those rules that they are able to steal anyone and everyone else's property without repercussions.

It's pretty sleazy.
I see plenty of game advertisements here in Taipei with obvious WoW character ripoffs. Not sure if anything can be done about it as those games are based in China.
I just thought that whenever it popped up on my browser it was one of those nasty !@#$ sites tbh.
They do know that Ysera's not a divine being of any sort, right?
I have seen them use splash art taken directly from league of legends.
10/26/2015 04:36 AMPosted by Sevaryn
Yeah... it's pretty evident that the game is made in a non English-speaking country, judging by their grammatical and syntax errors.

I have heard that China has extremely powerful copyright rules but also has written in those rules that they are able to steal anyone and everyone else's property without repercussions.

It's pretty sleazy.

They have airtight copyright laws, for things that originated from the Chinese.

Stuff that Chinese companies rip off from others though?
Suing them is like trying top open a can of coke with your nose.
There are multitudes of specifically structured loopholes in Chinese copyright law for just this reason, and it makes stealing from companies based in other countries all too easy.
Its pretty much "if you can get it, then go for it".
Or even more recent...

http://myanimelist.net/character/1169/Lina_Inverse

Vs

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Lina

and that's in DOTA 2
Honestly I think these games are a really strong case for the abolition of intellectual property laws.

You can see these games suck and no amount of stealing IP will help.
10/25/2015 11:56 PMPosted by Faultypally
Same thing with that MOBA (300 heroes i believe is the name). Who had ripped shrek, wall e and other various characters and just stuck them in. I think its China that has the really loose copyright laws so very little can be done to stop it.

I need to play that so I can shekt some people.
08/07/2015 08:58 AMPosted by Squidelz
So I was browsing a website when an ad came up for a game called League of Angels...it caught my eye because it said new hero: Tyrael! Which had a cartoonized look. Of Tyrael from Diablo....literally the exact same look. When I went to the site, I looked at the "heroes" page and found 'Lead Ysera into battle, guardian of the great tree!'

Obvious references, just putting that out there. It's really despicable how little creativity people have...

Also, this game charges cash for some things, so completely illegal.

Unfortunately, it's probably a company in China, where enforcement of IP rights by foreigners is an uphill battle.
10/26/2015 06:34 AMPosted by Donran
http://i.imgur.com/wzySWfC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wNTcEpP.jpg

wow it looks so cool i want to play it

Well you can be death or a knight, just not both. :/