The main change/problem in WoW's development

General Discussion
Put simply....Vanilla WoW was developed by gamers. Current WoW is developed by businessmen.
Most of vanilla WoW's developers are still working on the game.

I'm not really sure what your point is or where you got your "facts" (though I can guess), but sad to say, gamers can make mistakes too.
08/11/2015 05:10 PMPosted by Geven
Put simply....Vanilla WoW was developed by gamers. Current WoW is developed by businessmen.

Aren't you the guy piddle-posting everywhere that you're quitting? Why are you still here?
Frankly, that's what it feels like to me..................
08/11/2015 05:13 PMPosted by Hippeaux
Most of vanilla WoW's developers are still working on the game.

I'm not really sure what your point is or where you got your "facts" (though I can guess), but sad to say, gamers can make mistakes too.
Really? The two main guys Pardo and Kaplan are not. We're left with Chilton, who was just the pvp guy...and we all know how amazing vanilla pvp was.
That's an awfully shallow perspective you're adopting. Do you think Blizzard has been as prolific as it has been wtihout an equal melange of business sense and gamer zeal?

You're seeing what you want to see. When something goes right, you don't notice: right is expected. When something goes wrong, you reach for your pet issues.

Didn't you quit, by the way?
08/11/2015 05:24 PMPosted by Geven
Really? The two main guys Pardo and Kaplan are not. We're left with Chilton, who was just the pvp guy...and we all know how amazing vanilla pvp was.

It turns out there's more than three people working on this game.

What about Afrasiabi, is he not oldschool gamer enough for you?
08/11/2015 05:31 PMPosted by Edith
That's an awfully shallow perspective you're adopting. Do you think Blizzard has been as prolific as it has been wtihout an equal melange of business sense and gamer zeal?

You're seeing what you want to see. When something goes right, you don't notice: right is expected. When something goes wrong, you reach for your pet issues.

Didn't you quit, by the way?
Are you referring to Blizzard as a whole, or WoW? I'm speaking only of WoW, and I'm not seeing what I want to see. Do you think I want to see WoW tanking as hard as it's been lately? I want this game to be huge, bigger than it's ever been. But that's not going to happen with these guys running the show. They don't have the passion or experience as gamers as Pardo and Kaplan did. These are businessmen telling gamers how they should play and what they should like. It's not working, and it's not going to work. Get people in there who love this genre, not those who are trying (and failing) to turn it into something it's not.

08/11/2015 05:32 PMPosted by Fortuna

What about Afrasiabi, is he not oldschool gamer enough for you?
I would say he's clearly lost his way.
Get people in there who love this genre, not those who are trying (and failing) to turn it into something it's not.

What is it and what is it not? You have a lot of background expectations that are complicating this sentiment on the surface.
08/11/2015 05:38 PMPosted by Edith
Get people in there who love this genre, not those who are trying (and failing) to turn it into something it's not.

What is it and what is it not? You have a lot of background expectations that are complicating this sentiment on the surface.

I'll bite. Cell-phone click menu games, on-the rails questing, store mounts/pets ($$) better than anything you can get through questing/grinding/raiding/dungeoning (see WOD re-skins and an Apexis bird that CAN'T FLY), professions gutted to the point of obsolescence, in-game gold exchanged for actual RL$$, I could go on...........

Those things should NOT be the central focus of an RPG. Sadly, in WOD they were...........if they do it again in Legion, I'll unsub INTENTIONALLY for the first time in 8 (?) years....................

ETA: Grammar