Benefit of the Doubt

General Discussion
I have high hopes after seeing the reveal...
I hope the devs do less experimental implementations like they did in WoD.
Really hoping they learned about the "volatile feedback" and what caused it.
Sincerely hoping they read their own forums and see what players are most upset about and what we commend.

Really though... Please don't rush the product. Please polish it.
The Eight Core Values

Gameplay First and Foremost

Commitment to Quality

Play Nice, Play Fair

Embrace your Inner Geek

Every Voice Matters

Think Globally

Lead Responsibly

Learn and Grow

http://dmrobinson3.iweb.bsu.edu/profile.html Please read the text after each core value on this page. It really means something and should always be taken into account.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt after WoD... maybe not at first if the price tag is so high, but I'm looking forward to this expansion. It's got just about everything I've been waiting for.
Fool me once, shame on you.

The less well known non-Texan version continues as follows:

Fool me twice, shame on me.
What players are upset about... meaning so far, from what I can tell just Ravenholdt and flying, seems like? To be fair those are apparently HUGE issues though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSZxmZmBfnU
for me, 80% of my WoW enjoyment comes from turning my zombie into a demon.

if they remove the warlock metamorphosis, WoW will no longer be worth 15 bucks a month for me.

it's a shame. I wish I'd play forever, but times change. I kinda needed the free time anyway.
08/09/2015 03:07 PMPosted by Mdarkskull

if they remove the warlock metamorphosis, WoW will no longer be worth 15 bucks a month for me.

it's a shame. I wish I'd play forever, but times change. I kinda needed the free time anyway.

I respect that, it's interesting to me that everyone has these VERY SPECIFIC reasons that are apparently make or break regarding the entire game, but like I said... I respect it. Everyone's got their own interests. Guess they don't want Meta to steal any Demon Hunter thunder, I don't know. Meta in particular is a large identity thing for Warlocks so that one I actually understand. Some of this complaining I have to be honest, I shake my head and I don't get it at all but I try not to discount what other people find enjoyable about the current or past states of the game.

Would be amazing to see a list of these things all spelled out. Be like, a couple hundred NO FLYING NO BUYING responses mixed in with things like this and then a few hundred more about goddam instant free flying at max level... but I digress.
08/09/2015 03:13 PMPosted by Delgore
08/09/2015 03:07 PMPosted by Mdarkskull

I respect that, it's interesting to me that everyone has these VERY SPECIFIC reasons that are apparently make or break regarding the entire game, but like I said... I respect it. Everyone's got their own interests. Guess they don't want Meta to steal any Demon Hunter thunder, I don't know. Meta in particular is a large identity thing for Warlocks so that one I actually understand. Some of this complaining I have to be honest, I shake my head and I don't get it at all but I try not to discount what other people find enjoyable about the current or past states of the game.

Would be amazing to see a list of these things all spelled out. Be like, a couple hundred NO FLYING NO BUYING responses mixed in with things like this and then a few hundred more about goddam instant free flying at max level... but I digress.

thank you very much.

you know, this is all being very hard for me. it's nice to get an answer that's not a dismissive "reroll demon hunter".
08/09/2015 02:49 PMPosted by Suriyel

wait...so its not "ya fool me...you cant get fooled again"?
I gave them that benefit. I bought WoD. I got the deluxe edition too. I even came back a little over a month ago.

I'm done. I hope they turn this ship around so you and others who feel let down can enjoy it longer.
Welp, seeing as WoD is by far not the first time Blizzard has made reoccurring mistakes and shady business decisions, you claiming they should get the benefit of the doubt will cause you to look like one of 2 things to people: either a fairly new player, or if a longtime veteran then you come off white knight with blinders on.

One look at your Armory seals the deal on how most people are going to judge your post, but good luck with it - not really a good environment on the forums today so don't expect much positivity.
08/09/2015 03:26 PMPosted by Baval
08/09/2015 02:49 PMPosted by Suriyel

wait...so its not "ya fool me...you cant get fooled again"?

That's the more famous Texan version.