8/18 - Realm Drops and Recoveries

Technical Support
Prev 1 118 119 120 Next
The latency is nuts, barely able to play.
The problem seems to be instances and anything outside dranenor
Few final points:

And I definitely agree. We do utilize a measure of mitigation techniques and employ some of the brightest in Information Security as well as Corporate Network Administration. It should be understood that we know we're an interesting target for these kinds of attacks, and thankfully the majority of them you'll never even know occurred.

Regretfully, sometimes we need to adapt strategies and double-check our work when we have events like tonight. Much like the Swarm, we're evolving our processes constantly, and hope to resolve this impact as quickly as possible. :) I promise we're not resting on our laurels!

I'm always watching. :|

Not true. I sleep sometimes. Had some dinner and I'm officially going to close the browser window (at least until tomorrow!). Our team will be sure to keep you guys informed!

Edit: Remember, frustration is totally warranted here. We want to provide as close to a 100% uptime as possible so you can play on your schedule. Please be kind to those who are frustrated, help link them to posts that may answer their questions, and be excellent to each other. Report posts that violate the Code of Conduct for our Moderators to review and ignore offensive posters or posts.

Just want to say thank you for keeping the players updated on the forum - I appreciate the attentiveness you guys are giving to the thread. I remember days when threads like this were fairly quiet with limited updates. Having a human on the other end being a part of the conversation is very satisfying. Riot Games has started doing the same. Proud of you both =D.

I couldn't agree more! Blizz has made tremendous strides regarding customer service and open communication. Realistically, they have also significantly reduced the amount of downtime (both planned and unplanned) that players endure. Vanilla and BC server queues and 'rolling restarts' for maintenance are great examples of that craziness! Keep up the work Blizz.
So far, so good on US - Shadowsong.
Haven't had any problems logging onto my characters so far.
Shipyard and garrison seem fine, and I'm able to leave and go quest without problems.

Huge thank you to Blizzard!! You all have been doing a wonderful job taking care of all of this! We all thoroughly appreciate it! ^-^
Seems like you all might finally be allowed to get some rest soon! ;P
The problems still persist, latency is so bad you can't play, might as well have your server down.
Well guys, you got hit real hard but Blizzard still manages to give everyone updates and It shows that they are doing the best that they can, And Sure they all need their rest. We wouldn't want Our tech guys to be working an all nighter trying to fix a problem.

And too everyone who is ranting and pointing the finger at Blizzard, Sure you have a right to do it but. if this was happening maybe 5-10 years ago. You might not even be able to connect to the game for days maybe weeks on end, So consider yourselves lucky that they are able to make leaps and bounds on a situation such as this in mere hours.

Once agian, Thanks for the Good work blizzard. Keep it up, You lot deserve a nice cold beer (or beverage of your choosing) after all this hard work
well done to the 2 blues that kept us informed :)
I can connect to Silvermoon-US just fine this morning. Everything seems to work and latency is very good. Thanks to all the hard work from the Blizzard team during the night so I can play this morning. This beer (or, better yet, cup of coffee) is for you!
Kil'Jaeden seems to be up and running, Thanks you Blizzard for all the hard work and for standing the idiotic and unappropriated comments from some WoW users that don't seem to understand it is not your fault that you guys are under attack. Keep it up boys !!! Best of luck for all those experiencing technical difficulties and hope we can have our WoW back so the Blizz team can take a brake. #WeWillNeverBeHacked
ON A SIDE NOTE.. *Strangles the Instance server* wouldn't mind wanting to do my weekly ICC clearance but hey. beggars can't be choosers soo. KEEP up the good work!
Cenarion Circle definitely seems to be back up. Thanks for your work, Blizzard!
Cairne is up and running. Thank you for all of your hard work and communication Blizz :)
Just played an instance dungeon from Silvermoon-US without issue. Thanks again to the Blizzard team for all the hard work getting us back online!
Bladefist
My garrison appears to be working on Staghelm now.
To all those that are giving Blizz/the blues a hard time about this; I don't know if you realize it but it's quite likely if I have my guess that they put in a good deal of (quite unexpected) overtime due to one or more folks out there that (for whatever reason) have decided to be destructive, and to use other people's computers and bandwidth to pound the hell out of the servers in unexpected ways.

And I would also guess that the same folks you are giving such a hard time have put in a lot of that time above and beyond what would have been required of them.

So, so much love to all of you folks at Blizz! *MUAH*!

I have never been treated so well by the customer service and GMs of a game before and I would defend you even had you gone home and told all the people b*tching where they could stick it. 'cause frankly, they seem to have zero concept of the actual technical struggles behind the scenes nor what's really involved in a DDOS attack nor the mitigation required.

But I also know you wouldn't. And *that's* why you deserve our loyalty in the first place. 'cause we have yours. <3

So nyah. Nyah on all of you that are complaining. Learn some patience, especially when a company comes out and actually gives you information from the get-go unlike *practically every other company in the entire world ever* especially in a situation like this one.
Logged into my monk on Doomhammer, who was attempting to start the Skybreaker quests in Icecrown when he got glitched out and became unavailable.

He worked.

He also reenacted the scene from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy upon login, and did a wonderful impression of the potted plant.
To all those that are giving Blizz/the blues a hard time about this; I don't know if you realize it but it's quite likely if I have my guess that they put in a good deal of (quite unexpected) overtime due to one or more folks out there that (for whatever reason) have decided to be destructive, and to use other people's computers and bandwidth to pound the hell out of the servers in unexpected ways.

And I would also guess that the same folks you are giving such a hard time have put in a lot of that time above and beyond what would have been required of them.

So, so much love to all of you folks at Blizz! *MUAH*!

I have never been treated so well by the customer service and GMs of a game before and I would defend you even had you gone home and told all the people b*tching where they could stick it. 'cause frankly, they seem to have zero concept of the actual technical struggles behind the scenes nor what's really involved in a DDOS attack nor the mitigation required.

But I also know you wouldn't. And *that's* why you deserve our loyalty in the first place. 'cause we have yours. <3

So nyah. Nyah on all of you that are complaining. Learn some patience, especially when a company comes out and actually gives you information from the get-go unlike *practically every other company in the entire world ever* especially in a situation like this one.

Jeez get off your soapbox, we get it.
Beautifully said! Bravo!