8/18 - Realm Drops and Recoveries

Technical Support
Prev 1 52 53 54 120 Next
Skywall-US
08/18/2015 11:44 PMPosted by Glaxigrav
For players asking if they'll be notified of game time is granted, we don't proactively notify players. It's a seamless game time grant - if you check your Account History for your WoW Account you'll see game time applied.

Game Time is applied before subscriptions, so if you have a running sub and a free day is awarded it'll be used before you're billed again.

Edit: Also worth mentioning, people are frustrated and passions are high. Try to be respectful in voicing your frustrations (and please try to be mindful of that when replying to those who are equally frustrated). I'll continue to moderate the thread accordingly, but I want everyone to have a chance to express themselves appropriately.

Thanks for your continued updates and patience with all of us!
Time to update that effected realm list, Proudmoore has been defeated by the DDoS boss...
08/18/2015 11:45 PMPosted by Klofink
08/18/2015 11:43 PMPosted by Butterfli
This is gonna sound so stupid what is a DDOS attack?

Distributed Denial of Service.

Copy and pasting from webopedia...

"DDoS is a type of DOS attack where multiple compromised systems, which are often infected with a Trojan, are used to target a single system causing a Denial of Service (DoS) attack. Victims of a DDoS attack consist of both the end targeted system and all systems maliciously used and controlled by the hacker in the distributed attack."

"How DDoS Attacks Work
According to this report on eSecurityPlanet, in a DDoS attack, the incoming traffic flooding the victim originates from many different sources – potentially hundreds of thousands or more. This effectively makes it impossible to stop the attack simply by blocking a single IP address; plus, it is very difficult to distinguish legitimate user traffic from attack traffic when spread across so many points of origin."

You forgot to say this can go on for days...
08/18/2015 11:43 PMPosted by Butterfli
This is gonna sound so stupid what is a DDOS attack?

Read this thread.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14056995756?page=1

The OP explains it very well.
I would like a Support Forum Agent "Blue Note" to please acknowledge that Shandris and Bronzebeard are still having issues please!
08/18/2015 11:47 PMPosted by Ierlel
Should we worry about our account safety at all?

Nope. The only thing happening is someone trying to clog our internet pipes, so to speak. No information is being accessed, they're just sending bad data requests that are getting dropped.

08/18/2015 11:48 PMPosted by Saintann
I would like a Support Forum Agent "Blue Note" to please acknowledge that Shandris and Bronzebeard are still having issues please!

^ Still experiencing issues, but we're working on it!
Proudmoore seems to be back up, but the char that was affected now gets "Character not found" when I try to log in.

Edit: Finally able to log in, but there are no NPCs or portals in Icecrown, even after logging off and back on..
Darkspear!!!!
echo isles for like 2 hours

absolutely ridiculous
FAIL
08/18/2015 11:43 PMPosted by Woylfe
I dont want game time

Just reset all my loot so I can run everything again =)

I would accept 3 more seals of inevitable fate.
Just calculating the value of the time lost playing my mains.... if paying the full $15/month, that'd be 50 cents a day or 2 cents per hour.... Been off Silvermoon for 4 hours... OMG where's my 8 cents?????!!!!!!

But wait, I'm still having fun punching mobs on baby monk... that's worth at least 10 cents.... nevermind.
ddos trafficking does not affect account safety that i'm aware of...
Perenolde down :(
Also worth mentioning, people are frustrated and passions are high. Try to be respectful in voicing your frustrations (and please try to be mindful of that when replying to those who are equally frustrated). I'll continue to moderate the thread accordingly, but I want everyone to have a chance to express themselves appropriately.

I applaud you for your patience with these, er... passionate players.

I'd be fired if I had your job because I'd just type rant after rant.
Thank you very much!
for some strange reason, i cant even log in, it keep says "you have been disconnected from battle.net. you need to login again to change realms"

anyone having same problem or any idea what i can do about that?
For players asking if they'll be notified of game time is granted, we don't proactively notify players. It's a seamless game time grant - if you check your Account History for your WoW Account you'll see game time applied.

Game Time is applied before subscriptions, so if you have a running sub and a free day is awarded it'll be used before you're billed again.

Edit: Also worth mentioning, people are frustrated and passions are high. Try to be respectful in voicing your frustrations (and please try to be mindful of that when replying to those who are equally frustrated). I'll continue to moderate the thread accordingly, but I want everyone to have a chance to express themselves appropriately.

I wasn't even worried about time compensation for the outage. But this is great. Thanks for the news and your classy presentation of it. :)
To all the whiners: Just chill, get over yourself and be thankful your "life server" hasn't gone down.

And thanks so much Glaxigrav for keeping us informed and amused!
08/18/2015 11:48 PMPosted by Glaxigrav
08/18/2015 11:47 PMPosted by Ierlel
Should we worry about our account safety at all?

Nope. The only thing happening is someone trying to clog our internet pipes, so to speak. No information is being accessed, they're just sending bad data requests that are getting dropped.

08/18/2015 11:48 PMPosted by Saintann

^ Still experiencing issues, but we're working on it!

I hear Mario and Luigi are looking for work. :)