Blizzard, you're doing it again

General Discussion
1 2 3 108 Next
From Rygarius:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19820046/622-patch-notes-patch-arriving-september-1-8-19-2015
Here you make it sound like 6.2.2 is definitely 100% set in stone for a September 1 release: "Patch 6.2.2 arrives Tuesday, September 1"

From Lore:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18704210584?page=40#781
Now all of a sudden a short while later this obscure caveat is added, saying that there is a chance that it could actually be delayed beyond September 1: "Please keep in mind that this release date is not set in stone". Many players would not have even seen this follow up post.

Thank you for the communication but please, we are begging you, be consistent with your communication. The first post makes it sound like the September 1 date is 100% confirmed, while the other says "guys hold on it might not be released September 1". If the patch is indeed delayed, there will be a huge uproar about miscommunication despite the follow up post.

EDIT: another Blizzard employee miscommunication in less than 24 hours. What happened was that I started a part 2 to this thread since this thread was originally capped.

From Nethaera:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18706412223
"*One post is enough on this. There's no need to continue. Thank you for your feedback. - Nethaera"
Nethaera then locked the thread. This tells us that Blizzard did not wish for us to continue discussion on this topic.

From Lore (shortly after the lock):
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18596063318?page=27#522
Lore (or another Blizzard employee) reopens this thread. This tells us that Blizzard actually wishes for us to discuss this topic.

Blizzzrd employees are just not on the same page. Please be more consistent with the information that you are providing to your playerbase. It is causing unnecessary frustration.
Huh?
"We intend" has now changed to "we plan". Just another slick little "out" they are leaving themselves so they can once again go "psych!" or "We never PROMISED!"
So like every other patch that has ever been released they say things sometimes change.

0/10 as per usual.
08/19/2015 05:21 PMPosted by Gongam
So like every other patch that has ever been released they say things sometimes change.

That is a cop out and you know it.
Pretty asinine.

"Everyone get excited what we keep telling you is coming but never implement is coming on this date"

"Never mind it might happen it might not, not even god knows"
Just think of it as Blizzard adding rng to their PR. lol
Just in time to help keep their sub numbers up for the quarter , but i doubt it will help much, its now 10+ months into an expansion and still waiting. One big fishing contest to see how many players they can sucker to swallow the maybe flying launch..... glad i no long use my money for this game , next expansion is based on wod as a model lol we will get little good content we can do over and over for months just for the hope of flying again??? no thanks
08/19/2015 05:27 PMPosted by Lyceus
08/19/2015 05:21 PMPosted by Gongam

It's a precaution and you know it.
08/19/2015 05:45 PMPosted by Cuddlepunch
08/19/2015 05:27 PMPosted by Lyceus

It's a precaution and you know it.
Looks they they forgot to add "employees clearly not in sync with each other" to their list of reasons for blizzard employees to not post on the forums.
Just in time to help keep their sub numbers up for the quarter , but i doubt it will help much, its now 10+ months into an expansion and still waiting. One big fishing contest to see how many players they can sucker to swallow the maybe flying launch..... glad i no long use my money for this game , next expansion is based on wod as a model lol we will get little good content we can do over and over for months just for the hope of flying again??? no thanks

Er no. Warlords went "live" on 13 Nov 2014. So, flying is scheduled to come 10 months (minus 2 weeks) after expansion goes live (based on the date of 1 Sept).
Ya know, I understand that communication has been sketchy at best coming from Blizzard lately, but I do see they are trying in their own way. Let's give it a rest. When it comes to video games NOTHING is set in stone. Haven't you figured that out yet? Things happen, stuff changes.

There have been so many nits being picked on this forum it's becoming absolutely ridiculous. Maybe it's Sept. 1, maybe it's later. Really? Maybe it's months, not weeks. Like I said, stuff happens.

I'm far from a fanboi, I'm hurt too by what I feel was a marketing ploy to get us to buy a substandard expansion, but it's really starting to get extreme the way the forums are taking everything the Dev's say to such a literal interpretation. Just look at it like this, if they say something that sounds written in stone, it's really not. Give 'em a chance to make things right, they seem like they're trying.

The term "Can't see the forest for the trees" comes to mind.
I'm not the least big surprised to see a couple of white knights in here defending Blizz's utter inability to actually follow through on what they "plan" or "intend".
Would you rather they NOT say that the date isn't final?
08/19/2015 06:00 PMPosted by Hellioning

I'd rather them be able to actually keep their word on something.
Why is it so hard for Blizz to keep things straight all of a sudden? They never had issues making their set timelines before.
They kind of have to say this.

What if they didn't, and then something went wrong and the patch got delayed? There would be a massive uproar.
08/19/2015 06:02 PMPosted by Aecros
08/19/2015 06:00 PMPosted by Hellioning

I'd rather them be able to actually keep their word on something.

Well, if september 1st passes without the patch, then you can complain.

As is, you're just doomsaying.
08/19/2015 06:02 PMPosted by Astute
What if they didn't, and then something went wrong and the patch got delayed? There would be a massive uproar.

Oh wait, there would be a massive uproar anyway....
No they wouldn't

All they would have to do is make a post here stating what went wrong and that they are working hard to fix it.

That is why people are mad. Because that second part NEVER happens anymore.