Legion: What animations need updating?

General Discussion
Any animation that makes your character go "ice skating". Mostly melee animations.

Although, "sliding into home" when I drop a trap without trap launcher enabled has its own kind of novelty to it.
09/02/2015 05:03 PMPosted by Toguro
Tauren run . . .

They need to look like they stomp on the ground. Like they have weight.

Right now their run is so... floaty.
09/02/2015 03:05 PMPosted by Gïmp
Go!

Guldan: Everythiiing!!
09/02/2015 05:15 PMPosted by Aligatro
09/02/2015 03:05 PMPosted by Gïmp
Go!

Guldan: Everythiiing!!

I like his animations quite a lot. He reminds me a swamp witch .3.
Ionno. I think some games go overboard. This might be one of those "be careful what you wish for..." scenarios. As much as I like FFXIV, pretty much every ability showers the target(s) in rainbows and sparkles. I'm exaggerating, but still! Sometimes less is more.
feral please, nothing we do is even noticeable.
Male NE casting anims are like... atrocious to look at. I've never rolled one but just looking at them from time to time makes me sigh.
09/02/2015 06:30 PMPosted by Defyrian
Ionno. I think some games go overboard. This might be one of those "be careful what you wish for..." scenarios. As much as I like FFXIV, pretty much every ability showers the target(s) in rainbows and sparkles. I'm exaggerating, but still! Sometimes less is more.

Animations and particle effects are different things.
All of them.
ALL SPELL CASTING ANIMATIONS

they are dated and from vanilla
i mean seriously either
1. change all spell casting animations to include weapons in cast
or
2. take away all caster weapons
i find it useless as a caster to even have a weapon if its hidden on my side or glued to my back all of the time
might as well just adjust caster stats and remove all caster weapons
windwalker fists of fury has a really bad bug: it doesn't look like D3 seven sided strike.

also the big bug for windwalkers, we have this really asinine spell book bug. theres a spell called surging mists in the windwalker spell book when its supposed to be a spell called healing orbs. I know when we got the really bad bug, it was during the 6.0 patch. so that needs to be fixed too.

and as a previous poster said: most melee abilities should get some more spell animations. death knights do not have 1 single special swing animation on ANY of there abilities. not even the C-smash one. when you have a move named OBLITERATE you would expect at least some kind of special animation on it. nope, its just a regular old swing.

its amazing that some games like D3 and LoL have some really amazing spell graphics and animations and yet wow is ridiculously in the past now. hell even a lot of D3s armor is visually more interesting than the top end armor in wow. if mages in wow had half of the spell graphics that D3 wizards had, id main one in a second. mages in wow are so boring visually it numbs my brain to think about them.
It's a very specific problem, but they should change how your character sits in Mimiron's Head to be the way you sit on a bike, because with the way it is right now your character looks like they're just straddling the seat and not touching the wheel at all.
09/02/2015 06:46 PMPosted by Everessa

i mean seriously either
or
i find it useless as a caster to even have a weapon if its hidden on my side or glued to my back all of the time

^^^ This

dont understand how its slid through the cracks this long, and how/why ppl have put up with it imho

i mean seriously either
or

I was bummed out when I came back after being gone for half a year and saw that in 6.1 they unbroke the Ancient Jinyu Staff and made it visible again.

I had it transmogged on all of my casters because they look so good with no stat stick on their back/hip
09/02/2015 06:56 PMPosted by Beighley

i mean seriously either
or

I was bummed out when I came back after being gone for half a year and saw that in 6.1 they unbroke the Ancient Jinyu Staff and made it visible again.

I had it transmogged on all of my casters because they look so good with no stat stick on their back/hip

Plus it almost always clips through their cloak.
Worgen everything.
Thank you.
Fixing the clipping would be great. Almost any human or worgen female can't wear helms. Cloaks and shoulders are constantly clipped, a lot of my time in Stormshield is spent with my feet under the floor.

All this time (and flak) spent on new models, and so many basic quality things were just skipped over.

Specific to animations, it would be cool if it looked like we were fighting, and not waving at things.
I think I saw a youtube video and the melee abilities are upgraded. They looked a bit more flashy and had great sound effects. Link you can paste- https://youtu.be/glZfVFxTR6k all spells and spell casting/channeling could use some updates. I think a tome in offhand could be cool for spellcasters, but normally no weapons or offhand looks better. But the melee update looks fantastic. Bliz just needs to show ranged some love too.