Option: Auto-Decline /duel invites.

General Discussion
I know there's an option to automatically decline guild invites. Can we get the same thing for /duel invites?

I'm tired of having to wade-through duel invites on my alts trying to get through razor hill, crossroads, or into Orgrimar.

Shockingly, there's other things I would enjoy more on my low-level alt than play virtual grab-ass with your toon, thanks.

/ignore is hard.
there is an addon that does exactly this, i don't know what its called, but a couple people in my guild that suck at pvp use it
01/13/2011 8:43 AMPosted by Pookz
/ignore is hard.

Useless Troll.
We both know I want something better than a limited "after-the-fact" work around.

A less retarded reply would be more helpful.

there is an addon that does exactly this, i don't know what its called, but a couple people in my guild that suck at pvp use it

That's better. Although an unnecessary jab... at the end. Thanks?

I'll be so glad when the snowed-in kiddies go back to school.
/sigh.
01/13/2011 8:39 AMPosted by Bloka
I'm tired of having to wade-through duel invites on my alts trying to get through razor hill, crossroads, or into Orgrimar.

I never use any "auto-decline" options. If I don't want to do something, I'll simply ignore it until I get someplace where I can just tap the decline button. Spamming results in a /ignore.

Guild invites are tricky, hence the option to auto-decline, because anyone can /ginvite you from anywhere. Duel invites require you to be in range of the character inviting you.

If you have a duel invite pending, I don't think anyone else can invite you to duel until you decline the invite - automatically (by walking/flying away) or manually. In other words, just walk away.
01/13/2011 8:49 AMPosted by Bloka
/ignore is hard.

Useless Troll.
We both know I want something better than a limited "after-the-fact" work around.

A less retarded reply would be more helpful.

/sigh.

Let me try again. Walking away is hard.
There is an addon called "AutoDecline". You can download it at curse.com.
01/13/2011 8:55 AMPosted by Suimalkicide
There is an addon called "AutoDecline". You can download it at curse.com.

thanks
A quick Google search netted a few results, but many of them haven't been updated in a while. The following addon looked the most promising: "DuelResponse" updated 12/31/10, available on Curse and WowInterface.
BugMeNot - look it up on Curse.

Yeah, there should be a default in-game way to auto-decline duel requests, but until that gets remedied just use BugMeNot.

There's something fantastically satisfying about seeing that stupid duel flag spiral right back up out of the sky before it even has time to hit the ground.
Plus, you can even set up a message to be whispered to the player when they send a duel/group/guildinvite/guildchartersign request.

I have my duel request whisper set to:
"[BugMeNot] No. Go away."

Duelling is, in my opinion, stupid. It's particularly stupid when almost all the duel requests I get are on my low-level alts - from max-level players. Yeah, sure thing dude, I want to see if my level 3 Shaman can beat your level 85 Paladin. Go the hell away; why are you flying around the Valley of Trials anyway?
Gotta side with the OP on this one. There should be an option for auto-decline on duels. I hate getting duel invites, especially if i am actually doing something. Don't need your duel if i am out questing.

01/13/2011 8:45 AMPosted by Frostybône
You don't have to suck at pvp to not want to duel. I have gotten quite a few duel requests while i was out questing. Why would i want to put my priority on hold so you can stroke your epeen? Don't give me that "Just duel them and shut them up" line either, again, why should i put my priorities on hold to do what you want? Trust me, you're not that important to me.
Duelling is, in my opinion, stupid. It's particularly stupid when almost all the duel requests I get are on my low-level alts - from max-level players. Yeah, sure thing dude, I want to see if my level 3 Shaman can beat your level 85 Paladin. Go the hell away; why are you flying around the Valley of Trials anyway?
The ones i truly love are the lowbies trying to challenge my lvl 85s. Seriously? What's the point of that?
Autodecline unfortunately hasn't been updated in a while and doesn't work.

Duelresponse is just as good except it doesn't offer a guild invite decline.
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/duelresponse.aspx
01/13/2011 9:05 AMPosted by Feralduck
The ones i truly love are the lowbies trying to challenge my lvl 85s. Seriously? What's the point of that?

Gluttons for punishment? I dunno.

Anyway yeah, point is, if someone has no interest in duelling, they shouldn't be forced to deal with that stupid accept/decline message over and OVER AND OVER - because goodness knows, nobody ever makes ONE duel request if it's declined. Noooo, clearly you only declined the first time by accident. Additionally, the following 47 times in a row you declined were also by accident.
01/13/2011 8:49 AMPosted by Bloka

/sigh.

oh its not really a jab, they know they suck and they admit it, i ask them to bg with me all the time and they refuse, we like each other well enough where we don't take offense to smack talk
I think there should be a in game option to decline them automatically, just the other day someone was asking for a duel while questing like every five seconds until i put him on ignore. I don't like to have to put them on ignore, I rather it just decline them automatically. it was also bad in arg tourny dailies, in the middle of a joust that duel thing would pop up, and sometimes you would hit it by accident.
Agree with this suggestion, there's an option to auto-block trade requests, an option to do the same with duels would be nice.
I use addon: bugmenot. I got sick of getting dual requests from people 6+ levels higher in decked out heirlooms when i am on my bank toon. Give me a break.

Let me try again. Walking away is hard.

Lets try to explain this too you in small words you might understand!

Walking away does not stop the window that will keep popping up in the middle of your screen.
The /Ignore feature only works after you have had to shut that window down and if you aren't in an area where the chat is scrolling so fast you can't find the name to ignore.

There should be no reason for us to need an addon if we do not wish to participate in the Epeen stroking that is Dueling! Especially when you inspect most of the epeen strokers in places like Goldshire and see they have never even entered a BG!