Developers Intend to Scale CS/SS With Haste!

Hunter
Prev 1 2 3 14 Next
we're too busy standing around in camo for you to find us
first
While I still hate you all for what you've done to this class, your usage of an :p does soften my heart a little.

I am willing to be appeased until we find out just how fast we can realistically get Cobra/Steady cast time down to.

:p
We have heard of this elusive hunter class before ...

Probably because they are all camouflaged by now...
01/11/2011 5:29 PMPosted by Zarhym
I posted about this on the Public Test Realm forum, but I'll bring it over here as well for visibility. The wording in the patch notes is our fault. We have heard of this elusive hunter class before and even kind of know how it works. :p

We made a code change to alter the way haste works for hunters. It should now be a much more favorable stat. We're looking to provide more technical details to explain these changes soon.

I'll concede that the patch notes don't accurately describe this behavior. It's not as simple as adding haste to two abilities that didn't previously have it (because that's not exactly correct). We'll work on the wording for the next update to the notes.

If you can explain to each other in the office, surely you can put it in patch notes and it would be far more accurate, helpful, and less embarrassing than putting in misleading, inaccurate placeholders.
I posted about this on the Public Test Realm forum, but I'll bring it over here as well for visibility. The wording in the patch notes is our fault. We have heard of this elusive hunter class before and even kind of know how it works. :p
And yet you doubled the 4p PVP set bonus, making it even more desirable than T11.

I seriously somehow doubt this, especially the bold.
01/11/2011 5:29 PMPosted by Zarhym
We have heard of this elusive hunter class before and even kind of know how it works. :p

When you make a 31 point talent do less damage and proc Lock and Load less often than a base line trap that shares the same CD, I'm pretty sure that you do not, in any shape or form, know how it works.

Granted, I probably should just keep my mouth shut as I suspect you'll now just nerf Explosive Trap to force us to think our 31 point talent is worth putting a point in, but I'm feeling especially belligerent today.

Thanks for clarifying the haste comments though.
just wanted to post in a thread with a blue response. This only happens once every couple of years. Gotta get my moment of glory.
lol and people asked why i stacked haste :)
01/11/2011 5:39 PMPosted by Gizmek
As a former avid PVE hunter I understand the PVE nerfs and an attempt to balance the charts, but these SV changes really put us in a bad spot in PVP with it as our only viable spec atm and lacking at that.

An easier fix would have been to buff BM and MM up to an equal status with SV (dps wise) and fix the PvP issues, but that would be logical and calamity would surely engulf the planet if Hunters were given talent buffs instead of nerfs. Is it too much to ask that Hunters have three efficient trees that do decent DPS in PvE and PvP? The answer appears to be YES, it's too much to ask of Blizzard.

Zar, as the Hunter blue, are you given any input into decisions on our class or are you simply here to try to appease our community and pass on information? Do you fight for us or do you just Feign Death and let them do whatever they want to our class?

If we cannot trust in and rely on you, to whom should we address our grievances? If you are TRULY one of us, how can you allow Blizzard to decimate our class repeatedly?
Zar isn't the Hunter blue. He's a developer who usually posts on the PTR.

While we're lucky to have gotten his post here, do not expect any relevant info from someone who doesn't realize they made Black Arrow now do less damage than Explosive Trap while also proccing Lock and Load less often.

I have no idea if they actually have developers for each class, but I can assure you he is not the Hunter one if they do.
Zar, as the Hunter blue, are you given any input into decisions on our class or are you simply here to try to appease our community and pass on information? Do you fight for us or do you just Feign Death and let them do whatever they want to our class?

I'm not the "hunter blue". I've been handling the compilation of all of the patch notes for 4.0.6, so I was the first to jump on this when I recognized that the hunter notes were misleading. The compiling of patch notes is a tedious process, particularly during PTR time, so I'm more concerned initially with formatting. It's not as easy as it may seem to ensure all of the notes are explained perfectly on my first pass of them during testing, particularly when I'm gathering changes for everything from dungeons to professions -- not just for one class.

Just the same, when the developers first check in their balance changes, they're working very hard to make sure their code changes are picked up in time to make it in a new patch build. This means the initial notes I'm given may not always be explained as thoroughly as we'd like (because they're actually directed more at QA for testing purposes). But we scrutinize all of the notes several times over by the time the patch is ready to be officially pushed to live realms.

Do I fight for you? I fight for a better game all around. :)

The class designers are aware of this thread and we're keeping an open dialog with them. When we have more insight to share, we'll make sure that happens.