Wow, Blizz Actually Pays Attention to us!

General Discussion
1 2 3 11 Next
So, apparently when enough people @@*#@ and moan on the forums about something, blizz either notices, or has been paying attention the entire time, and has deemed the whiners worthy of a response!

Makes you wonder what else blizz is paying attention too... Makes you wonder when/whether blizz is actually watching our posts....
You didn't know that blizz nerfs due to forum qq yet?

All it takes is about 10 very vocal complainers on various alts and accounts posting very frequently to get things changed in this game.

I've seen ONE person get things changed in this game due to being very vocal on the forums. Can't remember the name of that little gnome mage...
Rock : Blizzard doesn't listen to its playerbase!
Hard place : Blizzard caves in to player QQ!
I remember the thread that was made back on the suggestion forums regarding worgen as a playable race before cataclysm came out. I personally think it's great that Blizzard listens to us.
Big Blizzard is always watching....
01/13/2011 1:41 PMPosted by Felendren
So, apparently when enough people @@*#@ and moan on the forums about something, blizz either notices, or has been paying attention the entire time, and has deemed the whiners worthy of a response!

Makes you wonder what else blizz is paying attention too... Makes you wonder when/whether blizz is actually watching our posts....

You do realize that every posistion in the game has people arguing for it. No matter what change they do, they are satisfying a segment of the player base.

It is virtually impossible for them to make a change that doesn't satisfy 'some whiners'.
Yep. On the Starcraft 2 forums a terrible player complained about a units called a Void Ray. The Void Ray was fine, but bad players who dont know how to use counter units always lost to them. It was 100 pages of people telling the OP why he was an idiot while the low-ranked noobs said "YEAH MAN THEY'RE SO OVERPOWERED AND HARD TO COUNTER".

Then the new patch notes came up, and suddenly Void Rays were terrible.
01/13/2011 1:47 PMPosted by Garekk
Yep. On the Starcraft 2 forums a terrible player complained about a units called a Void Ray. The Void Ray was fine, but bad players who dont know how to use counter units always lost to them. It was 100 pages of people telling the OP why he was an idiot while the low-ranked noobs said "YEAH MAN THEY'RE SO OVERPOWERED AND HARD TO COUNTER".

I watched a lot of tourny games where the toss goes just void rays and wins. If there's just one unit that everyone uses over and over, it's no surprise when it gets a nerf.
01/13/2011 1:41 PMPosted by Felendren

That's a rather simplistic way of looking at it. I'm sure they do read some of the posts, but they are also playing and monitoring the game. If there is something wrong, I'm willing to bet that much of the time they are aware of it before it becomes a major issue on the forums.

And when they do take their queues from the forums, you can also bet that they have checked it out pretty well before the make changes. I found it doubtful that they just jump on the forums, see that a bunch of people are complaining about some certain thing, and just go ahead a change it.

Because in team games they were massed to the point of being unstoppable

Example

4v4

If 3 of your opponents are protoss all 3 of them massed voids

[quote]Yep. On the Starcraft 2 forums a terrible player complained about a units called a Void Ray. The Void Ray was fine, but bad players who dont know how to use counter units always lost to them. It was 100 pages of people telling the OP why he was an idiot while the low-ranked noobs said "YEAH MAN THEY'RE SO OVERPOWERED AND HARD TO COUNTER".

I watched a lot of tourny games where the toss goes just void rays and wins. If there's just one unit that everyone uses over and over, it's no surprise when it gets a nerf.

Void Rays were countered by easily massable units.

Marines are the very first unit Terrans get and can get an attack speed buff to their already riduclous DPS thanks to Stimpack. Stim, and attack Void Rays, win.

Hydralisks also have crazy DPS and are easily massed thanks to Zerg mechanics. A-move and attack Void Rays, win.

Stalkers are the main Protoss anti-air unit, and they do bonus damage to armor, which Void Rays are. A-move and win.

SO HARD.

Void Rays were once a good backup to have in your army. Now they're only good if your opponent goes heavy armor with little to no anti-air.
Remember the Real ID on the forums thing? They even openly admitted they changed it because of player concerns (I don't even know why they were going to do it in the first place, but good to see they listened).
Wait a sec, is this more crying about the handful of minor nerfs (and ignoring of buffs) to heroics?
People in Wrath were complaining the game needs to be harder. Blizzard made Cataclysm harder, and yet only a handful of people actually thanked Blizzard. The rest just looked for something else to rage about on the forums.
01/13/2011 1:58 PMPosted by Maledicta
Wait a sec, is this more crying about the handful of minor nerfs (and ignoring of buffs) to heroics?

I'm not sure. I'm half convinced somehow I got lost and wandered into the SC2 forums.