Wow, Blizz Actually Pays Attention to us!

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 11 Next
01/13/2011 2:51 PMPosted by Snowfox
Done, sorry. It fell off the page so I lost track of it.

No harm done:).
01/13/2011 2:54 PMPosted by Zarhym
I don't have an answer for you, but I'll inquire with our Creative Dev team to see if we can ignite the fuse. :)

Thank you very much :).

At the same time, they've never made a change just because of forum QQing. Just because people QQ on the forum doesn't mean Blizzard shouldn't change it. They should consider the points being made, look at the meta data available to them, share internal discussion, and make a decision.

I like this as well. Very reasonable description. :)

So what meta data was available to them to touch druids shapeshifts?? I looked through all BG groups and arena changes... Ferals are not close to DK, Locks, Mages in ladders. And this is even before Bers and Bleed changes!

Bgs flag carrier role is GONE.

I would really love this to be a REASONABLE description. So far it is not.
ok, I've tried to figure it out and no longer care if anyone thinks I'm stupid: What is QQing?
01/13/2011 2:54 PMPosted by Zarhym

And Zarhym ignored my Story Forum related question...

I don't have an answer for you, but I'll inquire with our Creative Dev team to see if we can ignite the fuse. :)

Excellent.
01/13/2011 3:08 PMPosted by Aana
ok, I've tried to figure it out and no longer care if anyone thinks I'm stupid: What is QQing?

QQ'ing is shorthand for "cry cry" (the lower right line of the Q implying eyes with tears), which is a shorthand for complaining. So QQ'ing is basically crying/complaining.

It is a bit of an insult to use, so it isn't recommended. Hopefully that helps you have context though.
ah, well that makes perfect sense. Thanks!
Blizzard is like Santa Clause, they know when ur naughty (and laugh as they tempaban u)
and know when you've been nice... n stuff..
lol it's so strange to see story forum posters posting in the general forums it's like seeing your co workers in real life.
honestly. the only complaint about the game is the constant reducing or DK stats making them unwanted in any raid. And as for everyone complaining that the game is to hard or too easy...You are doing something wrong. learn to play. Enjoy warcraft for what it is...A GAME. If u r gonna cry and moan about difficulty, delete ur account. You wont be missed. Gratz Blizzard on Cata. Love the new features.
Blizzard listens to everyone's QQ except for our feral druids.

I put up a legitimate post about why we don't deserve to lose both our fear immunity and our ability to shift out of rooting effects, and the thread was deleted within only a few minutes.
also woot finally :D
Go Zar! Taking the forum chaos in stride. =)
01/13/2011 2:08 PMPosted by Zarhym

At the same time, they've never made a change just because of forum QQing. Just because people QQ on the forum doesn't mean Blizzard shouldn't change it. They should consider the points being made, look at the meta data available to them, share internal discussion, and make a decision.

...and then stand up to the repercussions of those decisions.
01/13/2011 2:08 PMPosted by Zarhym

Yes, they have made a change in regards to forum QQ - lest we forget the whole RealID/Forum Real Name debacle?

Somebody internally had that great idea, and the deluge of forum posts (and likely inquiry from privacy and parents groups) helped push that idea off the table.
01/13/2011 3:49 PMPosted by Raedahn

Yes, they have made a change in regards to forum QQ - lest we forget the whole RealID/Forum Real Name debacle?

Somebody internally had that great idea, and the deluge of forum posts (and likely inquiry from privacy and parents groups) helped push that idea off the table.

I was here for that, but that was a different issue.

I think players mean QQ in regards to game mechanics. The RealID thing was kind of a very different scope. Also I don't think they changed their minds just because of complaints. Blizzard takes in feedback but then looks it over independently.

There was a lot of feedback that I think helped convince them... but that isn't quite the same as thinking that volume of complaints is what weighs in the end.

QQ'ing is shorthand for "cry cry" (the lower right line of the Q implying eyes with tears),

Has a bit more history than just QQ.

Contrary to popular belief, QQ is not a set of crying eyes. It actually originated with the advent of Warcraft II. On battlenet, you could press ALT+Q+Q to immediately exit the match and program. Thus the term "QQ" was to tell people to just quit because they are unskilled. The term later developed and lost it's origin and is usually mistaken as crying eyes.

Just a more you know moment. <3
The problem is you people are part of a new generation of Facebook users and bloggers who complain about anything you see that doesn't apply to your standards. So you get a following going on in the forums, and once enough people complain about it, Blizzard notices and finally pays attention.

Blizzard ALWAYS pays attention, otherwise they get in trouble. They just don't have to reply to every post that screams 'elitism' and 'easy heroics', because that's not why they are in business.

Grow up and be mature about it. I also notice a good number of you have been playing since Vanilla, and anything that you've done for a long time sticks to you. Be nice, and accept that Blizzard makes a lot of mistakes.

After all, if you didn't like Blizzard or the game, you wouldn't be here.