Wow, Blizz Actually Pays Attention to us!

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 11 Next
Exactly Heartthrob...at least some1 gets it. Love it, or leave it. I still play DKs, but i want blizzard to make them wanted in raids again. Dks are so fun to play, i would like to raid with them as well.
I think Blizzard has been very resonable with responses in cata, the sheer amount of QQ must cause serious facepalm jaw drop and brain explode moments. Sometimes I visit the forums and I frown so much I swear I am getting premature wrinkles! :P

Less QQ MOUUURR PEWPEWPEWPEW !!! :D
01/13/2011 2:06 PMPosted by Zarhym
Hard place : Blizzard caves in to player QQ!

I think this is a little more accurate...
01/13/2011 4:43 PMPosted by Struggle
Ghostcrawler comes out with a pair and finally tells the whiners to learn how to play. I was amazed and impressed.

Then a day later we see a full list of nerfs to all the heroics.

So whiners once again kick a hole in an expansion. We're left with a lot of faceroll dungeons, bad players, and a mediocre game with the gear might as well have been mailed to us.

Must we take the hyperbole railroad? It's slow and smells like dung half the ride.

Yes, you've read the Public Test Realm patch notes. But the patch hasn't come out yet, players are not face-rolling dungeons, and gear is not being mailed to you. Set down the magic 8-ball for now and join the crowd of lovely folks who enjoy being reasonable, even when dissenting. ;)
01/13/2011 4:48 PMPosted by Zarhym
Must we take the hyperbole railroad? It's slow and smells like dung half the ride.

Yes, you've read the Public Test Realm patch notes. But the patch hasn't come out yet, players are not face-rolling dungeons, and gear is not being mailed to you. Set down the magic 8-ball for now and join the crowd of lovely folks who enjoy being reasonable, even when dissenting. ;)

Aw, I was kind of hoping the gear faerie would send me something nice in the mail. ;)
01/13/2011 3:14 PMPosted by Rajj
Blizzard listens to everyone's QQ except for our feral druids.

If other rogues saw that line they would laugh.
I do often feel as though "balance" is a game of the squeakiest wheel gets the most grease. I always cringe when I see a list of nerfs like the upcoming one and have to wonder if my playstyle is going to get phased out. While it seems personally the nerfs won't effect how I play too much (I'd be crying in agony if I were Unholy specc'd though.) And really this has been my biggest complaint about WoW since the level 60 days is overturning. I often feel it would be better if blizzard would just take some of the small imbalances and say "we are happy with them. Live with it." As long as nothing is completely game breaking.

I mean it's been what 6 years and you guys are removing a spell that has been there since release next patch? (Drain Mana). I mean really, guys? I really wish you all would quit treating live realms as though they are constant beta. I don't even play a lock aside from my alts occasionally, and I find it a bit... sad.

01/13/2011 1:47 PMPosted by Garekk
Yep. On the Starcraft 2 forums a terrible player complained about a units called a Void Ray. The Void Ray was fine, but bad players who dont know how to use counter units always lost to them. It was 100 pages of people telling the OP why he was an idiot while the low-ranked noobs said "YEAH MAN THEY'RE SO OVERPOWERED AND HARD TO COUNTER".

Then the new patch notes came up, and suddenly Void Rays were terrible.

Now Phoenixes are OP'd as hell tho, nerf.
01/13/2011 4:48 PMPosted by Zarhym
gear is not being mailed to you.

What if it's BtA?
01/13/2011 2:54 PMPosted by Zarhym
Creative Dev team

Deleting game mechanics is creative?

Hm..I wounder how next gen games will be.
01/13/2011 2:00 PMPosted by Fanahlia
People in Wrath were complaining the game needs to be harder. Blizzard made Cataclysm harder, and yet only a handful of people actually thanked Blizzard. The rest just looked for something else to rage about on the forums.

I would think they would view the Cataclysm sales themselves as Thank Yous.

01/13/2011 4:43 PMPosted by Struggle
Ghostcrawler comes out with a pair and finally tells the whiners to learn how to play. I was amazed and impressed.

Then a day later we see a full list of nerfs to all the heroics.

So whiners once again kick a hole in an expansion. We're left with a lot of faceroll dungeons, bad players, and a mediocre game with the gear might as well have been mailed to us.

Yeah, the timing of his article and the announced nerfs struck me as a bit too convenient. Seems like he's obviously studied some George Orwell, if you know what I mean.

I think GC is right that they need to be hard, but they missed the boat by failing to provide a smooth transition into heroics -- i.e., heroic difficulty would have worked a lot better if the transition from normal mode wasn't such a big leap. Normal mode is really very easy compared to the heroics.

Grinding rep and craftables first was supposed to be something you needed going from heroics to raids, not just to get into heroics. And even then, it's the vastly harsher mechanics that kill pugs, not so much the lack of gear going in.

Then again, Blizzard has to keep its subscribers happy and most of the changes sound fairly moderate, so we'll have to wait and see how it works out.