Where is brightness option in WoW?

Technical Support
I am playing windowed mode and noticed that the gamma option is missing now. Is there a new way to change gamma/brightness? Thanks.
Windowed mode never gave you the option to adjust the gamma. It is only available in full screen mode. The UI now hides it as the old one gave you a slider but ignored any gamma settings you changed while in windowed mode.

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
Vial of Tears http://www.surveymk.com/s/RHXXKHK
When playing in full screen, where is the gamma change option then? When I go full screen, I still don't see the option.
Game menu -> Video -> Advanced -> Gamma (bottom right)

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
Vial of Tears http://www.surveymk.com/s/RHXXKHK
It doesn't give me a video setting.
Rawkingx,

That's because you're looking a post made nearly a year ago. The game menu has changed a little since then.

Enter the game, hit the Escape key, select Options, then Advanced. The Gamma selection should be there now on the right hand side. Note, you have to be in Full Screen mode to be able to use that option.

I know this is an ancient thread but is there any thought into increasing the over all brightness for windowed mode? Only reason why I am asking is that my desktop, browser, other games all have the perfect brightness when using windowed mode. It seems that Blizzard likes to be a bit darker in their gamma development. I only have issues with WOW and Diablo III (this one is very dark). If I adjust my monitor brightness for these two games then it makes my desktop and other games super bright, glaringly so.

I get the whole dark, mysterious and edgy type of look but it looses its affect if it is over used. Then it becomes just an all the time dark/dreary screen and as many other posts have shown on many websites the users are manually brightening their screens in order to have a better gaming experience. Perhaps subconsciously people end up leaving because of the level of gamma that is imposed on windowed mode? It is dreary, I end up opening the blinds and turning on the lights without realizing what I am doing. Obviously that does nothing for the brightness of the game.

Yes, I could switch to full screen mode but my pc seems to run better on windowed mode. It manages the resources better. Thank you for your time.
Since the Pandaria release, I wasn't able to see well enough to play, running into walls in Dungeons and missing items on the floor because I couldn't see them. I was forced to go to Fullscreen just to be able to adjust brightness... holy cow this is beyond dumb!

Why not allow the Gamma/Brightness adjustment for all modes, regardless?? Leave it to Blizzard to add more confusion and difficulty for even the most basic settings for game play when it shouldn't need to be this way. Come on guys!
It does get a little annoying, if you can't stand running in FS.
this is extremely upsetting that blizzard forces you to play in full screen when some people don't have the money to spend on a great computer. I personally play on a laptop and playing in FS will kill my computer. I would like this to be looked in to come on blizzard you can do beter
Bumping threads from a year ago causes a bit of confusion. I'm not entirely sure what you're asking about. I'm locking this thread for necromancy, but if you need assistance with an issue, please create a new thread and detail your issue there. Make sure to include any steps you have already tried.

Regarding monitor gamma settings, the in-game option is disabled in windowed mode because Windows still has control of your display. Windows still determines the gamma settings of your monitor. Full screen mode allows you to change gamma settings because WoW has total control of the monitor display.