Omnitron

Warlock
Do existing DoT's on the boss effect the shield?

e.g. I have Immo and Corr up on the boss, he casts shield, do the ticks after that go towards breaking it etc?

Thanks!
I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure it doesn't.. If it does.. my healers are just amazing and I haven't noticed because I stick on the target till around 51 energy then soul swap..
Dots do not count towards breaking the shield.

I've also seen *some* evidence that BoH may not as well, but haven't taken to backing that up yet.

Leaving your imp on it will however break the shield.
Dots on Magmatron guy are bad and will break his shield. Stop early. Dots on the other guys are fine, as is BoH. Though casting dots on the others while their shield is up is bad as their shields are "on application/DD".

Blue specifically posted that pet damage doesn't affect shields. I have not independently confirmed this but I let my pet do whatever and we haven't had bad things happen yet.
Dots already on it do not trigger it but if you refresh it then it will trigger.On heroic Bane of Havoc was triggering it and so did pets. Another time you should worry about dots is on the Magmatron shield cause If enough is on it the shield will blow up and wipe the raid.
as a shadow priest raiding i'm glad i don't have to worry about this scenario, for i too was wondering the same thing, luckily i can just mind spike to clear them off real fast b4 he gets shielded.
So, in conclusion.

On HM, Pets and BoH are really really bad.

On normal Pets are fine, BoH is fine on every mob bar magmatron

Correct?
NORMAL OMNI:
Pets - OK (except on Magma)
DoTs - OK (only existing DoTs, do not refresh them once shield is up)
BoH - OK (except on Magma)

HEROIC OMNI:
Pets - BAD
DoTs - OK (only existing DoTs, do not refresh them once shield is up)
BoH - BAD
As Mârine above has said. I'd just add that BoH on Toxi can be a great thing if executed properly. Toxi's debuff is a good thing if your spellcasts are under 2sec I believe so if you keep casting fast and keep "Expunging" the poison you will do heaps of extra damage that way. What I always do in our raids is BoH Toxi, Immolate all the adds (and each new immolate will expunge the poison) and incinerate adds and boss until shield is down. Also BoH keeps ticking on "deactivated" bosses as far as I have observed. Even though dropping BoH on a boss that is about to deactivate is a good thing I don't bother with it because casting it on Toxi two times during the course of the fight will be sufficient enough

Edit: With "adds" I mean slimes that fixate on people
Dots on Magmatron guy are bad and will break his shield. Stop early. Dots on the other guys are fine, as is BoH. Though casting dots on the others while their shield is up is bad as their shields are "on application/DD".

Blue specifically posted that pet damage doesn't affect shields. I have not independently confirmed this but I let my pet do whatever and we haven't had bad things happen yet.

This is correct. You dont want to leave BoH on magmatron, or too many dots on him. For the others its all relative, you can leave dots as they wont increase the shields unless you refresh them, etc etc.
I put BoH on everything but Magma when they hit 50% energy. I have the imp switch to my target to get burning embers on my target for the extra dps. As others have said, leaving your pet on Magma is a bad idea and I have been blamed for multiple wipes early on in Cata when I failed to have him come off.
If you have doomguard out, swap your BoD asap