Lets assume Varian dies, whose High King?

Story Forum
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
Aysa Cloudsinger for High Queen! hehe jk jk...

If I had to pick I would either choose Genn or Tyrande. They seem like good qualified leaders.
08/16/2015 09:10 PMPosted by Veloran
Turalyon.

If Varian does end up dying, quite the coincidence that it would be right when the biggest still-living name in Human lore happens to show back up.

Or Danath Trollbane.

Although in the end there should be no "High King" since each nation is its own. There should however be a S.A.C. If there is to be a High King/Queen though i'd prefer to have a non human for once.
08/17/2015 10:01 AMPosted by Remmie
Aysa Cloudsinger for High Queen! hehe jk jk...

If I had to pick I would either choose Genn or Tyrande. They seem like good qualified leaders.

Tyrande: "Okay, so will advance upon the beach and will proceed to make a beach-"

Malfurion: "Hush Tyrande..."

Tyrande: "...."
I'd rather it be Turalyon. Anduin can still be king of the humans because he is the only heir, but High King =/= king of the humans.

Anduin doesn't have any experience leading anything. Turalyon does. I imagine leading the Alliance takes more than a noble bloodline.

Plus it's a very easy way to bring Turalyon back into lore and stick him with the faction he belongs in.
08/16/2015 08:12 PMPosted by Threeslotbag
Calia Menethil will appear and declare herself the heir of Lordaeron and Stormwind, setting off the SW civil war.

The !@#$storm would be even better if she was Forsaken.
Valerian Mengsk
08/17/2015 05:38 AMPosted by Phlynch
Genn has the most experience.

I would say Genn would be king of the alliance, and Anduin would be king of Stormwind.

No he doesn't. The Elves are about 10,000 years old and have already fought the legion. Velen is 25,000 years old and was best buds with two of the top legion commanders before they joined the legion.

Genn has just hid behind a wall.
08/17/2015 01:51 PMPosted by Kaynab
No he doesn't. The Elves are about 10,000 years old and have already fought the legion. Velen is 25,000 years old and was best buds with two of the top legion commanders before they joined the legion.

Tyrande is poorly showcased as anything resembling a competent military commander and Velen isn't really much of a military commander at all.

Not to say Genn is better, but Tyrande and Velen would have to seriously be shown as good candidates before they'd be acceptable.
08/17/2015 02:00 PMPosted by Rendford

Tyrande is poorly showcased as anything resembling a competent military commander and Velen isn't really much of a military commander at all.

Not to say Genn is better, but Tyrande and Velen would have to seriously be shown as good candidates before they'd be acceptable.

Muradin is the only one with any leadership skills after King Chin.
08/17/2015 02:02 PMPosted by Gunnarr
Muradin is the only one with any leadership skills after King Chin.

He'd have my vote, guy could stand up to Saurfang and saved an entire clan of Dwarves back in Wrath. (The Frostborn.)
the supreme commander of the alliance shouldnt be a draenei

ever

it doesnt matter how 'experienced' you are when your greatest military accomplishments are 'Flee for hundreds of thousands of years through no doing of your own, die by the thousands, then hide in a swamp for 20 years.'

so probably muradin, danath, crowley (either of them, really) or shandris
Am I going to be the first to say it?

The Alliance needs a devious supreme commander who can outplot Guldan and who is as ruthless as Orc.

The Alliance needs Moira!
08/16/2015 08:12 PMPosted by Threeslotbag
Calia Menethil will appear and declare herself the heir of Lordaeron and Stormwind, setting off the SW civil war.

Would the Menthols even have a claim on the kingdom of stormwind?

I would say Genn would be king of the alliance, and Anduin would be king of Stormwind.

Tyrande has a ton of military experience, but hasn't really done anything in ages. Velen isn't really a militrary commander, other people have done that for him.

Just build a giant wall around the tomb of sargeras, problem solved.
08/17/2015 02:24 PMPosted by Myalison
Am I going to be the first to say it?

The Alliance needs a devious supreme commander who can outplot Guldan and who is as ruthless as Orc.

The Alliance needs Moira!

No. She would likely use her power to further entrench herself and her son as IF's true rulers and further the power of the Dark Irons.
08/16/2015 08:06 PMPosted by Varmreft
after Varian went missing, I'm pretty sure Magni was actually the High King.

Pretty sure that there was no High King and the Alliance was an actual alliance.

Not every soldier is a general.

Jarod Shadowsong is the best general the Night Elves currently have at their disposal. So, nominating him wouldn't be a terrible idea.

Velen is not a general. He is a spiritual leader. I would not put him in a place of leadership for directing an army.
I vote Farmer Saldean. He's had enough combat experience....
08/17/2015 05:01 PMPosted by Jovlyn
I vote Farmer Saldean. He's had enough combat experience....
He doesn't have enough manly ponytail. Also I heard you need to have a minor god like Goldrinn living in your upper colon to apply.
Can the Alliance High King or SAC position be considered a success?

Is it in need of iteration?