Cross Server = World War = WPVP Event *MAIN*

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 13 Next
08/31/2015 08:50 AMPosted by Zalanì
But do please post which one you are referencing in this CoC and go into detail about why it is. Otherwise you are still wrong.

I'm not going to go digging through the whole of the CoC, but someone else mentioned it on the first page of this very thread.

Also...

Spamming or Trolling
Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums

Applies in this instance.

Actually that's more like making a thread that asks for downvotes. Or some such thread that contributes nothing to the day. The CoC is an eye of the beholder type of thing. You could twist the words in this post to argue I violated the CoC.

This guy is making a thread advertising an ingame event. Nothing against the rules. And the event sounds like a lot of fun.

If you can get this going, it has my full support. I will have to remember this thread. I will try to join, even though I do not PVP anymore. ( Have not in years) But this seems like something fun. Hope it works out.
08/31/2015 09:27 AMPosted by Vinxnotha
If you can get this going, it has my full support.
Who's hyped?
08/31/2015 12:36 PMPosted by Nicey
Who's hyped?

me
08/31/2015 09:55 AMPosted by Murgatroyd
08/31/2015 09:27 AMPosted by Vinxnotha
If you can get this going, it has my full support.
08/30/2015 09:03 PMPosted by Aehl
Objective of event
World PvP in every zone in game at once nonstop for 1-2 weeks.
This is a game of warcraft there has yet to be a true war between players large enough to last more then 1 hour since Vanilla WoW

Bother my gameplay in any way shape or form and you can expect to be ticketed for zone disruption. Cause any form of disruption on any PVE server and you can expect to become VERY unpopular VERY quickly.

Hey Aehl.

Go back to crying about flying. Can you not see the community taking initiative to create things to do is a good thing? Good lord, the world doesn't revolve around you.
It will never happen.
08/31/2015 12:25 AMPosted by Aehl
Have never said that, Have commented that I dont care for pvp, and as far as it is concerned, as long as I am not bothered I dont care. Go do all the pvp you lke, just dont interfere or intrude or disrupt my gameplay.

This is WOW, the point is to disrupt someone else's gameplay, that's why the devs allowed it, it was designed this way.
08/30/2015 10:48 PMPosted by Hobimpitt
08/30/2015 10:32 PMPosted by Aehl

Look, I generally loathe PvP as much as you at least in it's current incarnation. But at this point, the more you post in this thread, the more free advertising you give them and increase the potential participant count.

I doubt an event this size will see a duration longer than 24hrs assuming the logistical nightmare of coordinating the indicated amount of participants is overcome. I highly doubt everybody planning on attending will be in the same country let alone time zone leading to an eventual attrition of both armies as time goes on. Either suck it up and run instanced content for a little while or honestly go do something else for 24hrs. I'll mail you a dollar US to cover the time you'll be losing and then some.

@OP: I'll pass and to quote one of my all time favorite movies "Have fun storming the castle." - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4ftmOI5NnI

That is why my plan is to solve the logistics. Each group of cohorts will be lead by a centurion. Five centurions will report directly to a tribune and 5 tribune will report directly to a legatus. All legatus will report directly to the Warchief/High King. In the event when contact is lost between you and your superior. The man on the highest command bracket will assume control of all who is below him until contact is re-established with his superior.
Continuation: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/19650246460?page=1#1 (new)
TOP: Main: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18695103806?page=1#1 (capped)
NAV: Navigation Menu: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18695103806?page=1#5

==================================================================
  • PVP COMMUNITY GROUPS, LINKS, & STUFF THAT HELPS YOU
  • ==================================================================

PVP Community Groups, Links, & Stuff that helps you
    If you know of other PvP community groups that will help, please post it first on the forums with full information in this thread and send me mail in game to VVAR-ARTHAS and notify me of the Post# in this thread. I will add them to this page when I am able.

The World of Warcraft Public Vent Home of Avengers Premades & Hydra Premades
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/HydraPremades/
    The World of Warcraft Public Vent (Sponsored by www.TypeFrag.com)
    With the explosive growth and popularity of the Premade Ashran channels being established for the Horde and Alliance, we are making some needed changes that will help newer users to the service understand where they are at on the server and to better find their groups. Now offering support for both Horde and Alliance Premades on their massive Ventrilo & TeamSpeak3 servers.
    NO gear req. Just have vent. All are welcome!
    The Ventrilo information is on the Facebook page.
    The Teamspeak3 information is on the Ventrilo Server..
    If you have questions on how to join Ashran Premades speak to the people in the Ashran Premade groups.

icy Veins
    http://www.icy-veins.com/
    This site has been designed and is maintained by Damien and Vlad, two World of Warcraft enthusiasts who feel that good guides for that game are unfortunately too rare and can almost never be all found at the same place.
    We are trying to fill that gap by providing a centralised resource where up to date, well-written, and correct guides can be found. The quality of our guides come from the extensive research and experiments we indulge in, as well as from the amount of work we put in structuring and writing these guides.
    We also receive help from some of the best players in the world to keep our class guides as accurate as possible. For our raid guides, we partner with two top guilds:
  • Midwinter for PTR testing, Youtube videos, and 25-man strategies;
  • Inner Sanctum for 10-man strategies.

WoW Roleplay Gear
    http://wowroleplaygear.com/
    WoW Roleplay Gear was first conceived in December 2009, as The Visual Roleplay Gear List, although not officially released until Autumn 2010 due to the large amount of preparation building up a database of item sets. Since these early days, the site has grown to encompass in excess of 1500 different articles, gear sets and roleplay related items, although the work is far from complete!
    Roleplay Gear is the brainchild of Ironyca and Noelani, a couple living in Denmark in reality, and Argent Dawn EU in virtuality. The aim of the project is to present an easily navigable compilation of gear sets in WoW.

If you know of other PvP community groups that will help, please post it on the forums and contact me in game through the mailbox @ VVAR-ARTHAS and notify me of the Post# in this thread. I will add them to this page when I am able.

Continuation: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/19650246460?page=1#1 (new)
    TOP: Main: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18695103806?page=1#1 (capped)
    NAV: Navigation Menu: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18695103806?page=1#5
    TABLE OF CONTENTS
  • Event information
  • Is PvP not your thing?
  • How to Help Advertise the Event On Your Server
  • How to form groups for World PvP
  • How to gear up fast! 700+PVE ilvl & 730+PVP ilvl
  • World PVP Strategy - Tips and Tricks
  • Helpful Macros
  • PVP Community Groups, Links, & Stuff that helps you
  • Lag and Server Crash Prevention + PVE Server Restrictions
  • WOW Streamers, Broadcasting, & Event Coverage info
  • Server Breakdown of World PVP on Arthas
  • 08/30/2015 09:48 PMPosted by Seirses
    Why are some people so against interacting with other players?

You can't do that while stunned. You can't do that whilile stunned. You can't do that while stunned.
    You have died. Release to graveyard (where seventeen douchenozzels will camp you).

Why does anyone want to go through that?
    08/31/2015 08:59 AMPosted by Fallanaa
    Applies in this instance.
    Oh gosh, you're from my server...

/gloom

08/31/2015 04:15 PMPosted by Sickfreak
    Why do you care? People having fun in a way you don't affects you somehow? But hey, thanks for the bump ^_^

Also Vvar, looking forward to more info. Honestly, the more downers I see posting here (but at least they keep bumping the thread), the more excited about it I get XD.
    08/30/2015 09:48 PMPosted by Seirses
    Why are some people so against interacting with other players?

You can't do that while stunned. You can't do that whilile stunned. You can't do that while stunned.
    You have died. Release to graveyard (where seventeen douchenozzels will camp you).

Fun?

Don't like it? Don't flag up. You could then just wander around the hotspots laughing at people, I imagine you would enjoy that.
    08/31/2015 04:52 PMPosted by Murgatroyd

Fun?

Don't like it? Don't flag up. You could then just wander around the hotspots laughing at people, I imagine you would enjoy that.

If the zones become auto pvp, wouldn't you just be auto flagged for being in them? Which means if you don't want to deal with it you would be better off just sitting in a place that could be considered a sanctuary.
    08/31/2015 04:23 PMPosted by Midare
    People having fun in a way you don't affects you somehow?

That's rich. The whole point of world pvp is to screw with people that don't want to participate, and you know it. That's why people kill quest givers and camp flight paths. The more people that participate in an event like this, the worse it is for people that don't.
    I'm a PvE player on a PvE realm. I moved this toon here specifically to escape world pvp. I have no plans to join in.

That said, Well done. I really hope this comes off successfully and is a HUGE blast of fun for all involved. Keep doing things like this WOW needs more of it.
    i'll be there