Howling Blast theorycrafting

Death Knight
Honestly what I would liek to see is a single target alternative for Howling Blast. What i was thinking was making another glyph for it making it only hit one target, and raising the dmg done by it. To keep people from using it over obliterate, especially with two death runes up utilize a cooldown on it once more. Either way a cooldown on it would help with how much aoe dmg was going out, and with the glyph, it would help control a spam of it on single target.
I like that idea much better
Would be nice for Heroics as well. Less risk of accidentally breaking CC.
Just buff icy touch to the power of Howling blast main target. Problem solved
01/13/2011 11:22 AMPosted by Banereaver
Honestly what I would liek to see is a single target alternative for Howling Blast. What i was thinking was making another glyph for it making it only hit one target, and raising the dmg done by it. To keep people from using it over obliterate, especially with two death runes up utilize a cooldown on it once more. Either way a cooldown on it would help with how much aoe dmg was going out, and with the glyph, it would help control a spam of it on single target.

Buffing the single target damage would make me a arena god.....I may even be able to hit 2.2k :P Everyone would just spam howling blast...4 hb's 2 necrotics.

Buffing the damage would be a very bad idea, we have enough damage as it is. IDK anything about pve tho :P.
They just need HB to apply frost fever baseline, then allow the glyph to make it single target.
Why not just make the damage for IT the same as HB but for only one target?
That solves the whole AOE problem. They're both ranged. They both apply Frost fever, so why is IT half the damage of HB? Doesn't make any sense to me.
holy necro man
How do people find these threads?
Raise dead crits.
01/13/2011 11:22 AMPosted by Banereaver

Need something that is single target but will do more damage then your howling blast? Spec in to death siphon. It does more damage, uses your mastery and heals you. For master frost it is increased by rune of razor ice. It uses a death rune so you will you still have to use howling blast with rime proc's and spare frost runes.