fight like a man you coward...

Arenas
Ok so, im reasonably new to arena, get my self PVP geared all the way up and start a 2v2 with a guildie....

Seems to be going really well, we win every other game. HOWEVER;

Then we get this team that CC us then run away to get out of combat to eat. Run away? RUN AWAY?! In an Arena Battle?
I dont care if this is their strategy, smells like BS to me.

IMO you shouldnt be able to eat in Arenas, should be like how we cant us pots. Just seems to defeat the purpose of arena. Its not a BG where there is lots of other stuff going on around you and you can find a safe little shady spot to have a picnic. This is where you take on another team face to face. Your skills vs their skills. And if your skills are to CC and then run away to eat up... well then... go play Fable on the xbox or soemthing.

FYI we still smoked them, but its just rubbish. Why would you even make it legal to do that.
Looks like cheating to me.

Cowards lol.
Personally I think eating shouldn't be allowed in 2's, its far far too hard to stop with so much los issues and a big arena.

3v3 I could go either way.

However in a 5v5, if you can get away with eating, without 5 other people stopping you. Than you deserve the mana/health.
i agree with you Ampz, in 5v5 you should get a chieve for it lol
Wen U detterence and disemgage u r running frum me and kiting me liek a cowurd.
01/13/2011 6:09 PMPosted by Anuk
Ok so, im reasonably new to arena, get my self PVP geared all the way up and start a 2v2 with a guildie....

Seems to be going really well, we win every other game. HOWEVER;

Then we get this team that CC us then run away to get out of combat to eat. Run away? RUN AWAY?! In an Arena Battle?
I dont care if this is their strategy, smells like BS to me.

IMO you shouldnt be able to eat in Arenas, should be like how we cant us pots. Just seems to defeat the purpose of arena. Its not a BG where there is lots of other stuff going on around you and you can find a safe little shady spot to have a picnic. This is where you take on another team face to face. Your skills vs their skills. And if your skills are to CC and then run away to eat up... well then... go play Fable on the xbox or soemthing.

FYI we still smoked them, but its just rubbish. Why would you even make it legal to do that.
Looks like cheating to me.

Cowards lol.

i refuse to believe you that you ''smoked them''.
detterance and disengage isnt running, its getting range as i am a range class, and its not putting my health back up to full. Its just the same as vanish or bubble.

I do send my pet, and im not QQing coz we lost, we won that fight, i just thought it was lame
01/13/2011 7:10 PMPosted by Anuk
detterance and disengage isnt running, its getting range as i am a range class, and its not putting my health back up to full. Its just the same as vanish or bubble.

I do send my pet, and im not QQing coz we lost, we won that fight, i just thought it was lame

LIES!!!!
believe what you want, we still won the fight
and anyway, im not arguing wether we won the fight or not, the point is you shouldnt be able to eat in an arena. just seems cheap
i am also very surprised a hunter can kill anything in arena atm >_>
My mage rogue friends, currently 2.2k in 2s managed to survive against warrior paladin for long enough that the time warp debuff faded, and longer... and they won. It annoyed me when I went up against this comp in 2v2, but if you're really good you should be able to lock down one of them in place long enough to kill them. Imo this comp takes some pretty high skill.
01/13/2011 7:14 PMPosted by Punkisdead
i am also very surprised a hunter can kill anything in arena atm >_>

LOL tbh i was too, but my partner is a Pally so that helps alot

01/13/2011 7:53 PMPosted by Emar
My mage rogue friends, currently 2.2k in 2s managed to survive against warrior paladin for long enough that the time warp debuff faded, and longer... and they won. It annoyed me when I went up against this comp in 2v2, but if you're really good you should be able to lock down one of them in place long enough to kill them. Imo this comp takes some pretty high skill.

Yeah, CC is essential in arena, well some form of it anyway, there are some teams out there that are so crazy good at what they do, where as im fairly new to it....

Kudos to your friends for winning that match, would have been a tough one, coz we all know that the warrior pally team would have just assumed a win when they saw a mage rogue team,
Just goes to show skill has more to do with it than class
I wonder what the Romans would have done if their gladiators took a time out to sip some water, or munch on some cake in the middle of a game.