Halfus dragons & what order?

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Ok so my guild stepped into halfus this week for the first time and we had a huge issue with halfus. It was near impossible for us to do and we have no way of figuring out how to do it.

Our drake combo was slate, storm & time. Those malovent strikes stacked and stacked real fast and healers were going oom by the time the second tank was dead. By saying this I mean that halfus was stacking those malovent strikes extremely fast, the healers couldnt heal him through all the stacks & damage he was taking, and by the time he was dead the second tank picked up halfus with having storm & time on him.

I'm starting to think maybe we should have let time stay down and bring slate up for that stun, but I've heard alot of people say and alot of videos say that the stun is absolutely useless.

What are your guys thoughts?

Also what are some big pointers in this fight I should know so I can let the raid know. This probably wont be the last time we have trouble with this fight and this may not be the only combo we have trouble with. Is there a priority system in which what drakes we shoudl always have up if the drakes are active? (I hope you understand this cause I cannot think of another way to explain it)
On 25 man this is probably one of the easiest comps. If 25 man you activate both warden and the storm right away (misdirecting one of them to the tank). We roll with 3 tanks, 2 alternating taunts on the big guy and the third has both dragons. Without whelps and with a time warden NOBODY ELSE should be taking damage. If they are they are wrong and need to l2notstandinfire or l2interupt. Once the warden goes down and the storm is at about 50% our third tank grabs the slate and just tanks him for the entire fight. With the slate dragon activated he periodically stuns halfus, which lets the debuff drop off.

If this is 10 man the only advice I can give you is to go with 3 tanks and follow the same strat only ignore the slate dragon entirely.

Also for future references, if you got both slate and the Nether Scion you HAVE to activate the scion first, otherwise that healing debuff stacks waay to fast.
If there are whelps they need to be activated immediatly to decrease the damage on the giant dragons breath attacks, Havent seen them and the warden up at the same time so your raid needs to stack up. When we get whelps we have our tank open the cage and a MD on halfus to him, holding off dps for a couple of moments.
The priority you should do it is based off the comp you get. Our first week was scion, storm, and whelps so we activated storm and whelps first.
NOTE: That info above is 25 man only since we dont have enough high level alts for alt runs yet.
It was our first night of raiding for my guild and we downed him in 10 man. This isn't a easy combo though. We released Storm and Time right away, one tank on each, and had Halfus going back and forth with tank switches on him. DPSed down the Storm Rider first, released Slate. DPSed down Time Warden. We then split our DPS up between the Slate and Halfus.

He went berserk at the end, but we managed to just barely kill him. Our raid comp was:

Prot Paladin
Prot Warrior

Resto Druid
Resto Druid
Holy Paladin

Assassin Rogue
Fury Warrior
Survival Hunter
Elemental Shaman
Fire Mage

Because of how much Halfus had to move around from tank switches, we kept the Elemental Shaman on him full time simply for interrupting the Shadow Nova. As long as everyone avoids the fire balls, the raid takes pretty much no damage, which is good because the tanks need all the healing they can get.

The stun is only useless if you have incredibly high DPS from already having a bunch of raid gear. It allows more time for Malevolent Strikes to wear off, he takes increased damage while stunned, and it can interrupt the Furious Roar. And, if your real lucky, it can save your bacon if he's gone Berserk by stunning him and prevening an uninterruptable one-shot Shadow Nova.
We had protwar/prot pally,so this is how we did it.

Release storm and time to start with(DPS storm first).One tank had halfus +time, the other had storm. Put 1-2 melee onto halfus to interupt shadow nova (we had me and a rogue do it. We had a ret pally, but we were carrying 2 extremely bad dps so we needed him on storm). Once the MS gets up to ~50%, call out for a BoP. /cancel aura it,pick em both back up. By the time it gets back to 50%, storm should be dead.

From then on, you just tank swap halfus, as soon as the debuff falls off, taunt him. Kill time 2nd, then release slate. You can either kill him or ignore him (we chose to ignore him), but make sure you release him for the 50% damage buff, otherwise you probably wont reach the enrage timer.

from there, the rest is execution. People can't stand in fire, shadow novas HAVe to be interupted. If possible, get a mage to blink>counterspell the shadownovas that happen right after furious roar.

Once you get time down, it should be easy as pie. Good luck!
Storm and Time release at the start, we usually have one tank take both drakes while the other takes Halfus to start.

We pop Time warp / Bloodlust as soon as the drake tank has Storm under control and burn through Storm fast. This isn't the most efficient use of lust in the fight since you aren't benefiting from the damage buff, but hey, once the first drake is down the fight's a joke anyway so may as well get through it fast.

Tanks swap Halfus / drake that's being killed as necessary.

We run double prot warrior tanks so we usually just let the tank interrupt Novas, but if you don't have that luxury put an interrupter on halfus.
the simple way that my guild always does it with little trouble is dont release the slate dragon but release both the time and storm have teh MT take halfus and the time warden and the OT take the storm the takes switching at 8 stack (only the storm and halfus the time warden stays with MT) from tehre the tanks just swap over w/e the debuff is gone

the DPS has 2 kickers on halfus in a rotation keeping the shadownova from casting and the rest of the dps is killing the storm dragon then the time warden and when the time warden is at 30% we use bloodlust(or heroism for alliance) and *#%! the dragon then halfus.

note: when the storm dragon is dead and the tanks need to switch the tank coming off halfus take the time warden.
01/16/2011 8:57 PMPosted by Jackalroar
the simple way that my guild always does it with little trouble is dont release the slate dragon but release both the time and storm have teh MT take halfus and the time warden and the OT take the storm the takes switching at 8 stack (only the storm and halfus the time warden stays with MT) from tehre the tanks just swap over w/e the debuff is gone

the DPS has 2 kickers on halfus in a rotation keeping the shadownova from casting and the rest of the dps is killing the storm dragon then the time warden and when the time warden is at 30% we use bloodlust(or heroism for alliance) and *#%! the dragon then halfus.

note: when the storm dragon is dead and the tanks need to switch the tank coming off halfus take the time warden.

We tried your method before I'd posted this and the tanks were taking way to much damage. They're sitting at about the same item level as me and at about 5 stacks it seemed almost impossible to heal unless me and the other 2 healers were spamming our biggest heals on him and it stilll just wasnt enough
Step 1: Release Storm, as MT (me) pulls Halfus towards the whelp cage, thus effectively removing his first 0.5sec knockback until the Storm is released. Tank both on Storm's position.

Step 2: Blow lust, with a shaman on interrupt duty, making sure 100% of all knockbacks are interrupted.

Step 3: Tank swaps at every 9 stacks. Remember to blow cds. After 1 rotation, Tank 1 will taunt Halfus back, and by then the Storm drake should be dead.

Step 4: Heal the raid up and after that, release Time. This should take place 5secs or less after Storm is dead. Have Time MDed to Tank 2.

Step 5: Tank 1 should now have at least 10 to 12 stacks and is really low. Have the tanks swap targets now and have a pally BOP Tank 1 to remove stacks, Tank 1 uses /cancelaura macro and taunts Storm. Raid nukes Storm down.

Step 6: Tank rotations carry on after Storm is dead. At 50% and below he does his AOE stun, mage NEEDS to blink after 3rd stun to CS his knockback cast. Get this down to a dime and proceed to step 7.

Step 7: Profit.

You can trade tank by raid-wide damage by freeing one drake at once.

I was getting hammered too hard trying to hold time & storm, so we did storm first (so we could avoid shadow novas) and then time. Makes easier to switch tanks as well.