Can't do it anymore

General Discussion
1 2 3 23 Next
I ran 20 instances yesterday, 17 of them had DPS pulling ahead of me and dying regularly. I managed to get a number of them removed from group but in 2 groups they removed me instead, once during the final boss fight. I simply can't tank anymore. One less tank in your queues. I won't do it, it's not fun, it's an exercise in total frustration.

Good luck to those that weren't complete morons. I feel sorry for you on the queue times but I can't be a part of this anymore.
Maybe you should take the clue and hurry up.
Might I suggest queueing with your friends if you enjoy tanking but don't want to deal with random people?

I am one of the people who likes to make a dungeon as fast as possible. My friends are, too. That's why we do it ourselves instead of in LFG content with total strangers who may or may not like it.
go faster then!

teh obvious solution m8
08/21/2015 04:09 PMPosted by Teloresh

Naw I rather watch you wipe.
I quest grind from 1-100 without setting foot into a single dungeon to avoid such people. I find questing fun and relaxing personally, and sometimes you find really neat mog sets from questing.

People who actually believe this should have someone visit their house and break their wrists so they cant play for a few weeks.
I was leveling my priest today and my first Blackrock Depths group, I told the party that I was in charge and that we were gonna do the whole thing. It took 45 mintues and was awesome, everyone had fun and there was some sweet loot and experience gotten.

After 11 years, I still enjoy that place. It's weird to me that people don't run dungeons like they used to. Sorry you had a bad experience, OP.
So they run ahead and die.

Sounds like the problem solves itself.
08/21/2015 04:12 PMPosted by Basanda
I quest grind from 1-100 without setting foot into a single dungeon to avoid such people. I find questing fun and relaxing personally, and sometimes you find really neat mog sets from questing.

This, I think most people who have spent so much time @ cap enjoy questing and getting around again.

People complain about it of course but what do people NOT complain about.
If the people are pulling mobs and not able to tank or kill them fast enough then that's clearly their fault? Just let them die and don't even bother trying to remove them, that just causes needless drama. Eventually they should get the message and stop or just rage quit and leave. Sucks that people sometimes band together against you in LFD but that happens to healers and tanks alike.

Just keep at it, OP. People are idiots, let them kick you and just try again later. Nothing beats that insta-queue while leveling as a tank or healer. Not worth giving up because of some jerks.
08/21/2015 04:07 PMPosted by Rustay
I ran 20 instances yesterday, 17 of them had DPS pulling ahead of me and dying regularly. I managed to get a number of them removed from group but in 2 groups they removed me instead, once during the final boss fight. I simply can't tank anymore. One less tank in your queues. I won't do it, it's not fun, it's an exercise in total frustration.

Good luck to those that weren't complete morons. I feel sorry for you on the queue times but I can't be a part of this anymore.

Just curious. But, did you ask the said dps to stop pulling? I will often pull with misdirect on my hunter. But, if the tank asks I will gladly stop. It's just hunters pull so efficiently and it's fun. So, did you know, talk to the people? And if you did ask what did they say? Did they express that they would like you to also change your behavior? Or is it only up to the other guy to change?
One less tank in your queues. I won't do it, it's not fun, it's an exercise in total frustration.

Most often I just let them go. Never say anything, not a word if they say something to you just dont respond.

Sometimes, however, I just look at DPS like they are little children wanting to help momma tank by helping to pick up mobs. I'll be like "D'awwww, I couldn't have done it without you, you are so strong!"
08/21/2015 04:25 PMPosted by Florence
One less tank in your queues. I won't do it, it's not fun, it's an exercise in total frustration.

Most often I just let them go. Never say anything, not a word if they say something to you just dont respond.

Sometimes, however, I just look at DPS like they are little children wanting to help momma tank by helping to pick up mobs. I'll be like "D'awwww, I couldn't have done it without you, you are so strong!"

/beam
As a DPS'er myself, I never tank. With that said, I don't care how trivial the dungeons are that I'm running, whether I'm level 15 or 100, I show common courtesy and allow the tank to pull at whatever pace he or she wants and can handle.

If I get to the point where I'm such in a hurry that I can't wait any longer is the day I stop playing this game altogether. I don't mind a solid pace, but if it gets to the point where DPS pulls half the dungeon and kills every one in the process, then yes, I do mind.

If I did care about speed demoning my way through dungeons, then I'd roll a tank.

How about players actually play as a team. You know, to get through quickly without the deaths and the drama and the bruehaha. Funny concept, I know, but when you queue for a dungeon, you're in a group with four other people. It isn't all about you, it's all about everybody. Pulling ahead of the tank and dying shows you don't care that the tank can only handle so much before the healer caves in, causing a wipe because you had an itchy trigger finger.

In dungeons I ran where DPS went ahead of the tank without so much as even asking, I made sure the tank and I stayed out of combat as much as possible and let the superheroes rack up those repair bills before sending them on their merry way.

Oh, and one more thing, since you've apparently forgotten this: Dead DPS does no DPS and a dead group goes nowhere fast.

08/21/2015 04:32 PMPosted by Diabola
LOL@running "20 instances" in one day , i'd quit too ffs

Spread those out over a month and it's still overkill

I'd love to spread mine out on my 100s. But these "events" that are scheduled...well, it's either I burn through them as fast as I can due to the nature of how people just purposely remove players from groups to be jerks these days, or I end up only getting one, maybe two characters their reward for the event.

There's just so much "gogogogogogo" mentality, and I have to say the devs aren't helping any with short time tables to get things done. That's why I'm so much against events. Instead I'd rather have the ability to just do the things like Timewalking whenever I want so I'm not forced to cram a bunch of alts into a week. And having a weekly quest to open up things like Apexis bonuses would allow me to choose when and how I go about doing those tasks. It would be my choice to start an event and complete its tasks at my leisure, allowing me to focus on one character before doing another instead of having to cram them all into a tiny time slot and burn myself out.
I have to breath twice before replying to threads complaining "why are dps queue times so long?" because I see other threads from tanks asking for dps to please DO NOT pull for the tank. Then some posters get all "it's their -job- to pull mobs off me, that's a tank's JOB and if they don't like that they shouldn't tank".. and I sigh a bit, because as a healer my queue times aren't long either way. Yet I see dps being jerks to the tanks, then complaining about queue times. Do the math people.
08/21/2015 04:13 PMPosted by Tyberim

People who actually believe this should have someone visit their house and break their wrists so they cant play for a few weeks.

Just their wrists?

08/21/2015 04:35 PMPosted by Keldrack
I RP walk through dungeons the moment people getting whiny

You should run dungeons with me just so I can see this.