No 6.2.1?

General Discussion
Prev 1 15 16 17 49 Next
08/13/2015 03:08 PMPosted by Quard
08/13/2015 01:32 PMPosted by Nethaera
No, we're not saying it's been delayed, as I said in the previous post- "we wanted to reassure everyone that our development plans for the patch are still on track."

Ok, but as you've already seen, Watcher said that it would be out sooner than now. This indicates to me that your development plans have, indeed, been delayed.

It's beginning to irritate me that Blizzard employees are unable to give honest answers that don't contradict one another.

They are lying to us. No one wants to say it, but we are being lied to.

We are not being treated with respect. We don't get honest direct feed back and we are being stung along. The sub numbers and the forums reflect the utter disgust players have been feeling in response to this.

I am sick of these non answers.
I hope those on your end are also aware of the frustration caused by the announcement that Legion will also not have flight implemented right away, and fear that it will be dragged out to the end of the expansion like it was in WoD as well.

Well they may have to do some more merc mode testing to make sure everything is working properly. Like, I am being sarcastic or anything, but I am sure there is a reason they have to do all that in the same patch.

I see it like this...

There is a reason that it's taking them a while to release flying on Draenor. It takes them time to implement right.

To get Legion out as soon as possible, that means they can't have flying on Broken Isles right on release, as it could delay the game for like an extra two months or however long its been since they've been trying to get flying working on Draenor properly.

I would sooner have the next expansion released two months sooner without flying, then just have the flying two months later, then have to wait an extra two months for that new content to come out, wouldn't you?
08/13/2015 11:18 AMPosted by Rubedo
Now, anything they say has to be taken with a grain of salt, and repeatedly verified and I still remain a skeptic.

Good point. Let's put it in perspective with a visual aid:

http://giantcrystals.strahlen.org/europe/merkers3.jpg

That should do it.
08/13/2015 03:05 PMPosted by Gordrahka

Oh they're aware at this point, no doubt. I think the question ask nowadays is just whether or not they care.

We definitely care.
If only Ion had the wisdom to say "we are planning on" before saying "weeks before months." Because plans can change, and while I'm sure as far as he was aware, they were planning on that and it would likely have come out at that time, he had no idea that thing would go quite so awry.
08/13/2015 03:12 PMPosted by Nethaera

Oh they're aware at this point, no doubt. I think the question ask nowadays is just whether or not they care.

We definitely care.

Then please show it.

We definitely care.

Neth! While you're here tell us about the true issue of 6.2.2!

HOW RARE IS THE YETI
08/13/2015 01:32 PMPosted by Nethaera
No, we're not saying it's been delayed, as I said in the previous post- "we wanted to reassure everyone that our development plans for the patch are still on track."

It certainly feels delayed when 6.2.1 was flagged as a Release Candidate and now 6.2.2 is back to just testing.
08/13/2015 01:19 PMPosted by Nethaera
We’ve seen a lot of questions regarding patch 6.2.1 now being called 6.2.2. This change was by design and we wanted to reassure everyone that our development plans for the patch are still on track. Adding patch 6.2.1 to the PTR as early as possible gave us an opportunity to begin testing flying right away so that we could identify and squash any bugs that players could experience when they take to the skies of Draenor. With the patch being on the PTR as early as possible we also aimed to minimize the amount of time we needed to test the patch. The update to Patch 6.2.2 added some additional data that we couldn’t add to the patch prior to the announcement of the next expansion.

We know many want to know an exact date of when the patch will go live, but we’re not ready to share a specific date as of yet. We are, however, working to make sure the wait isn’t much longer.

aka we feel that we put flying up soon enough on the ptr that we can delay it and add a bunch of other crap to it instead of wasting time and money on a different ptr for it.

I'm so sick of this crap blizzard. You can't even get flying in WoD right, and instead of fixing these issues you are turning around and doing the same stupid crap in legion. I wish I could say I was leaving because of being tired of the game, and not because of poor,lazy, terrible, underhanded, game design.

edit: I do want to say my anger is not directed at neth, they are just the messenger.
08/13/2015 03:05 PMPosted by Jostlen
08/13/2015 03:04 PMPosted by Notoffensive
Blizzcon WoW Q&A is going to by swarmed by people asking if Blizzard even listens to the community anymore.

Do people really not think that the question-askers aren't pre-screened and only allowed to ask certain questions?
08/13/2015 03:14 PMPosted by Gwendi
If only Ion had the wisdom to say "we are planning on" before saying "weeks before months." Because plans can change, and while I'm sure as far as he was aware, they were planning on that and it would likely have come out at that time, he had no idea that thing would go quite so awry.

Just like they "didn't know" that they were going to string us along with flying in WoD AND legion now? psh yeah right.

We definitely care.

But there is no indication of that blizzard as a company cares (not you specifically). The delays have droves of players angry enough to quit. Droves have already quit. If the company cares, why do they keep going down the same path?

We definitely care.
Can you give a clear, unencrypted answer: Yes or No. Are you still going to release a 6.2.1 patch?

Answering with "our development plans are still on track" doesn't tell me anything because I don't know what your plans are/were.

We definitely care.

Your lead developers should stop sharing false information. Weeks not months is what was said. Now we're in months and will probably be another month before release with the new additions. If not October. When you realized you wouldn't meet this schedule there should have been a post in the forums about it.

Develop a plan and stick with it to maintain your customer base. Oh well. My pocket healer just cancelled her account yesterday. I suppose I should do the same.

We definitely care.
BS, if you guys cared you wouldn't have lied to us about "weeks not months" you guys lied intentionally to keep from bleeding more subs, at the rate things are going 6.2.2 will be out just in time for Christmas
08/13/2015 03:17 PMPosted by Athinah
08/13/2015 03:14 PMPosted by Gwendi

Just like they "didn't know" that they were going to string us along with flying in WoD AND legion now? psh yeah right.
There are several people on the development team. I honestly believe that not all of them are terrible people who are out to get us. Ion has apologized to the community before and has all around come across as the most honest of the developers in recent times.

We definitely care.

Then why does it sound like the same exact pattern is going to happen in legion?? With the meta being released at launch and actual flying added in a "later" patch. That could mean it'd be towards the end of legion for flying to happen.