No 6.2.1?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 49 Next
Holy smokes, has it been two months already? Yikes.

I'm one who didn't really care whether they made flight available in WoD or not — I was content remaining grounded. But once they DID announce it was coming, I quickly became enamored with the idea and busted my rear getting the necessary achievement completed. That was on July 5. So glad I hurried. Haha.

I wasn't annoyed when their stance was "no flying." But I am annoyed that they announced it and have let so much time go by — still with no firm release date — like some perpetual dangling carrot.

Let's just hope they're doing whatever technical work they need to ensure that flying will be possible in Legion as soon as they decide to flip the switch. I don't expect it to be available early on, but when they ARE ready I just don't want there to be a bunch of dev cycles while they try to get the kinks worked out.
"Weeks not months"... lol, any one still believes in Blizzard?

Next they will delay it to 7.0.
Unless my math is off 2 months from June 28th is Aug. 28th.

Your math isn't off, your date is. I was able to find articles from several different sources discussing the announcement of flying on June 10. That is, indeed, more than two months ago.
08/13/2015 11:37 AMPosted by Sprucewayne
Was 6.2.1 merged into 6.2.2?

Yes, it was merged. Both flying for Draenor and Mercenary mode for Ashran were rolled over into the 6.2.2 ptr.

As well as a moderately lengthy list of other things to test.
08/13/2015 11:24 AMPosted by Shadow
They stated it would be in its own patch 6.2.1.

source?
08/13/2015 11:44 AMPosted by Snooze

Your math isn't off, your date is. I was able to find articles from several different sources discussing the announcement of flying on June 10. That is, indeed, more than two months ago.

Your start date is off...
Q: Any ETA on the flying mini-patch?
A: It will be weeks, not months. Near future that patch will be on the PTR, although there is some work to do still.

There was not mention of anything like "Weeks not months from the announcement/patch". @ months then started on that date.

Moreover, if it was still going to be a few weeks till the PTR and these minor patches are usually a month or more on the PTR, it was obvious to anyone what he was saying.
08/13/2015 11:40 AMPosted by Darcal
No, it was renamed.

Its not a rename... maybe its a merge, but there must be a numeric order! I WANT MY NUMERIC ORDER!
08/13/2015 11:18 AMPosted by Rixna
08/13/2015 11:14 AMPosted by Aikia
Everything they added was Legion-centric.

The new promotional pets and mounts might be but a lot of the things they're adding are QoL improvements or for the holidays coming up, which I'm really excited for. This patch already has more than 6.1.

This!

It's rather sad that a minor patch will contain more than a "major" "content" patch.
While I'm looking forward to the stuff that they're apparently adding into this patch - holiday stuff and Timewalking rewards - and can understand the probable need for the mercenary system, I don't understand why they all have to be lumped in with flight. I realize some work has to be done for us to be able to fly, but since we already have some level of flight available with Aviana's Feather, so it can't be that difficult to update areas.

Basically, why can't we have flight in one patch and then everything else in another patch when it's ready?
08/13/2015 11:51 AMPosted by Danku
08/13/2015 11:40 AMPosted by Darcal
No, it was renamed.

Its not a rename... maybe its a merge, but there must be a numeric order! I WANT MY NUMERIC ORDER!
Earlier today, Rankin, a pro-flyer linked a Tweet from a blue that said it was just a rename.

Edit:
The thread was deleted so I had to scan my history for it. https://twitter.com/Rygarius/status/631605387695775744

Edit 2:
but since we already have some level of flight available with Aviana's Feather, so it can't be that difficult to update areas.
Aviana's Feather is one of the reason it is taking too long. They had to put walls up so you did not feather into a place you could not get out of. Those areas are kinda buggy (HFC is one of the places I have fallen through the world.
Blearily today, Rankin, a pro-flyer linked a Tweet from a blue that said it was just a rename.

I found this: https://twitter.com/Wowpedia/status/631645054789120000 . But it isnt from an official blizz account.
08/13/2015 12:05 PMPosted by Avicena
Blearily today, Rankin, a pro-flyer linked a Tweet from a blue that said it was just a rename.

I found this: https://twitter.com/Wowpedia/status/631645054789120000 . But it isnt from an official blizz account.
I found the actual one and edited it in :)
08/13/2015 11:56 AMPosted by Darcal
The thread was deleted so I had to scan my history for it. https://twitter.com/Rygarius/status/631605387695775744

Oh, thanks a lot!

Now, as we know sometimes CMs dont have ALL the technical info... so it would be nice to have a clarification
This is it till Legion. So looks like they are getting everything done so their focus can all be shifted toward it. I have been done with the Draenor Pathfinder for over a month. I got no idea what I would even do with flying other then maybe finish leveling an alt or two.

I was thinking until this last PTR patch that we would have had this next week. Now everyone that was worried.... You are right it turned into MONTHS! You know what I am talking about.
08/13/2015 12:10 PMPosted by Danku
08/13/2015 11:56 AMPosted by Darcal

Oh, thanks a lot!

Now, as we know sometimes CMs dont have ALL the technical info... so it would be nice to have a clarification

2 Posts later, he said the name change had no effect on anything.

08/13/2015 12:13 PMPosted by Boshin
You are right it turned into MONTHS!

Not till the 28th.
08/13/2015 11:02 AMPosted by Danku
Hi,

So i read the "Prepare for Flying" Blog (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19852518/draenor-pathfinder-prepare-for-flying-8-13-2015) and I noticed it mentioned that flying will come in 6.2.2 and not 6.2.1.

Does that means there will be no 6.2.1 patch?

Release candidate patch 6.2.1 was killed and turned into 6.2.2 for Legion preorder content restarting the ptr process.
Are any of us really surprised?
08/13/2015 12:16 PMPosted by Zones
restarting the ptr process.

No it did not.

It was only a change in numbering and it did not impact anything else
https://twitter.com/Rygarius/status/631605387695775744
Please give the flying a rest! You all don't need to fly anyways. All you'll do is gank lowbies. Then you will gank the wrong person and we all will NEVER have flying again.
08/13/2015 11:37 AMPosted by Darcal

We're not getting 6.2.2 before August 28th. No way.

08/13/2015 12:20 PMPosted by Darcal
No it did not.

The PTR was marked down to testing from Release and they need to test all the new added stuff. If anything, 6.2.1 was landing next week, 6.2.2 will at least not be until the 1st week of September.