No 6.2.1?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 49 Next
08/13/2015 12:16 PMPosted by Zones
restarting the ptr process.

No it did not.

[quote]It was only a change in numbering and it did not impact anything else
https://twitter.com/Rygarius/status/631605387695775744

Not sure why we even got pre-order stuff rolling out. I know we got people on these forums that back Blizzard no matter what and will buy anything but most people by now realize a Blizzard title right now isn't worth a pre-order. Not after all the disappointment that is WoD.

Just no reason to hold up the patch many are waiting on.
08/13/2015 12:26 PMPosted by Boshin
Not sure why we even got pre-order stuff rolling out.

Pretty sure that it's because they didn't want to release 2 patches back to back. So instead of releasing 6.2.1 and then doing 3 weeks testing on 6.2.2 and releasing that, they decided to merge everything into a single patch.
08/13/2015 12:27 PMPosted by Berith
Pretty sure that it's because they didn't want to release 2 patches back to back. So instead of releasing 6.2.1 and then doing 3 weeks testing on 6.2.2 and releasing that, they decided to merge everything into a single patch.

They could still name it 6.2.1, i mean there is no reason to skip numbers lol
08/13/2015 12:27 PMPosted by Berith

I get that so they can wash their hands of WoD and devote time to Legion. I get it I really do. I am just getting tired of trying to figure out why and how their minds work the way they do.

I just want the flight threads to stop.
We're not getting 6.2.2 before August 28th. No way.

You know this how? I mean, you sound so sure. Regardless, stow your pitchforks and torches till then

08/13/2015 12:25 PMPosted by Berith
The PTR was marked down to testing from Release and they need to test all the new added stuff. If anything, 6.2.1 was landing next week, 6.2.2 will at least not be until the 1st week of September.
See the edit:
It was only a change in numbering and it did not impact anything else
https://twitter.com/Rygarius/status/631605387695775744

08/13/2015 12:26 PMPosted by Boshin
Just no reason to hold up the patch many are waiting on.

Aug. 28th. Untill then, they are not holding up anything.

QFO

Fixed
At least it's not a friday before a holdiay weekend this time.

...Right?

*Runs off to check his calendar*
08/13/2015 12:31 PMPosted by Boshin
I just want the flight threads to stop.

Well, the solution is to make it happen allready lol
Patch 6.2 released June 23rd.

June 30 - 1 week
July 7 - 2 weeks
July 14 - 3 weeks
July 21 - 4 weeks
July 28 - 5 weeks
August 4 - 6 weeks
August 11 - 7 weeks
August 18 - 8 weeks
August 25 - 9 weeks

If you go by weeks and consider 4 weeks = 1 month, then it's 2 months next Tuesday. If you want to go by 30 days = 1 month, then it's 2 months in roughly a week and a half.

Really love how Blizzard isn't really communicating anything with the player base as of late. Why were we not told that patch 6.2.1 was getting changed into 6.2.2 and delayed? Patch 6.2.1 was a release candidate just the other day. Now it's likely back to test. At the rate things are delayed, we'll be lucky to see the patch by the time Blizzcon hits.

Blizzard REALLY needs to work on their communication with players. There was no indication anywhere that 6.2.1 was going to become 6.2.2. All we got was the odd reference to a patch 6.2.2, but nothing on the flying delay until today. Blizzard's not winning back many fans with this. Flying aside, not announcing the patch itself was being pushed back was poor. Issuing apologies after the fact is really getting old.
08/13/2015 01:07 PMPosted by Dyra
Patch 6.2 released June 23rd.

Ion did not say "weeks not months from 6.2". He was asked for an ETA on the 28th,

If you go by weeks and consider 4 weeks = 1 month

What is 2 months from today? Oct 13th?

Why were we not told that patch 6.2.1 was getting changed into 6.2.2 and delayed?
They actually said nothing has changed so what delay?
08/13/2015 01:10 PMPosted by Darcal

Not in Aus. :P

Not in Aus. :P

Back to the Aus forums with you :P
08/13/2015 11:33 AMPosted by Gwendi
08/13/2015 11:14 AMPosted by Danku

I never unsuscribed :D, I love this game. Just want to figure out so i can quest with some alts.
So much this. I mean, I'm kinda disappointed in this expansion, but I do still enjoy the game as a whole.

But I can't stomach leveling another Alt slowly through Draenor. It's so incredibly boring.

How is it slow to level another alt? I've leveled 4 without doing 1 quest, treasures and bonus objectives. With heirlooms it comes to about 3 levels per zone, not long at all. Less than 3 days doing it casual.
We’ve seen a lot of questions regarding patch 6.2.1 now being called 6.2.2. This change was by design and we wanted to reassure everyone that our development plans for the patch are still on track. Adding patch 6.2.1 to the PTR as early as possible gave us an opportunity to begin testing flying right away so that we could identify and squash any bugs that players could experience when they take to the skies of Draenor. With the patch being on the PTR as early as possible we also aimed to minimize the amount of time we needed to test the patch. The update to Patch 6.2.2 added some additional data that we couldn’t add to the patch prior to the announcement of the next expansion.

We know many want to know an exact date of when the patch will go live, but we’re not ready to share a specific date as of yet. We are, however, working to make sure the wait isn’t much longer.
08/13/2015 01:19 PMPosted by Nethaera
We’ve seen a lot of questions regarding patch 6.2.1 now being called 6.2.2. This change was by design and we wanted to reassure everyone that our development plans for the patch are still on track. Adding patch 6.2.1 to the PTR as early as possible gave us an opportunity to begin testing flying right away so that we could identify and squash any bugs that players could experience when they take to the skies of Draenor. With the patch being on the PTR as early as possible we also aimed to minimize the amount of time we needed to test the patch. The update to Patch 6.2.2 added some additional data that we couldn’t add to the patch prior to the announcement of the next expansion.

We know many want to know an exact date of when the patch will go live, but we’re not ready to share a specific date as of yet. We are, however, working to make sure the wait isn’t much longer.
Thank you for a response, Neth. It may not be the exact response that many players, including myself, were hoping for, but it's a heck of a lot better than silence.

TYVM! :)

keep up the good work!

"We genuinely don't care how many of you are getting pissed with us over our repeated refusal to give you any definitive answers about this."

Got it.
The update to Patch 6.2.2 added some additional data that we couldn’t add to the patch prior to the announcement of the next expansion.

So the flight patch, that was supposed to be quick because Blizzard understood how frustrating it has all been, was delayed for a press event?

Not to mention things like mercenary mode being tacked on.

but we’re not ready to share a specific date as of yet. We are, however, working to make sure the wait isn’t much longer.

So much for weeks, not months.

Not trying to shoot the messenger Nethaera, I appreciate your forum posts quite a bit.

But I don't think the devs fully grasp just how frustrating this is and just how hard it is to find trust anymore after this expansion.

Especially when Legion is shaping up to be a repeat of the WoD flight disaster.