No 6.2.1?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 49 Next
I gotta say, I really feel sorry for Neth. I appreciate them coming in to talk with us, but I'm sorry she keeps getting put into these bad situations.
08/13/2015 01:23 PMPosted by Murgatroyd
08/13/2015 01:19 PMPosted by Nethaera
We know many want to know an exact date of when the patch will go live, but we’re not ready to share a specific date as of yet. We are, however, working to make sure the wait isn’t much longer.

"We genuinely don't care how many of you are getting pissed with us over our repeated refusal to give you any definitive answers about this."

Got it.

They aren't giving an exact date because if it's not ready by that date WW3 may break out.
We’ve seen a lot of questions regarding patch 6.2.1 now being called 6.2.2. This change was by design and we wanted to reassure everyone that our development plans for the patch are still on track. Adding patch 6.2.1 to the PTR as early as possible gave us an opportunity to begin testing flying right away so that we could identify and squash any bugs that players could experience when they take to the skies of Draenor. With the patch being on the PTR as early as possible we also aimed to minimize the amount of time we needed to test the patch. The update to Patch 6.2.2 added some additional data that we couldn’t add to the patch prior to the announcement of the next expansion.

We know many want to know an exact date of when the patch will go live, but we’re not ready to share a specific date as of yet. We are, however, working to make sure the wait isn’t much longer.

You had flight on the PTR in a build flagged for release.

Correct me if I am wrong, but what you're saying is that flight in itself is now delayed to test "additional data" that couldn't be added prior to the announcment of next expansion.

It's like some developer is sitting there chuckling to himself while going "Oh just add that to the flight patch and delay it a bit, they won't mind."

"Hey we're adding mercenary mode to help alleviate queue times? Slap that on with the flight patch."

"Hey we've got new information and other minor things available to use now that we've announced Legion. We better slap that on with flight."

And in another month from now, what minor feature's going to be added to that patch so we can instead call it 6.2.3?
08/13/2015 01:24 PMPosted by Zones
I gotta say, I really feel sorry for Neth. I appreciate them coming in to talk with us, but I'm sorry she keeps getting put into these bad situations.

I know, she keeps being sent into the hungry wolves :(
Is this how it's going to work in Legion, too? If so I'm not buying your dumpster fire of a sequel to WoD.
We’ve seen a lot of questions regarding patch 6.2.1 now being called 6.2.2. This change was by design and we wanted to reassure everyone that our development plans for the patch are still on track. Adding patch 6.2.1 to the PTR as early as possible gave us an opportunity to begin testing flying right away so that we could identify and squash any bugs that players could experience when they take to the skies of Draenor. With the patch being on the PTR as early as possible we also aimed to minimize the amount of time we needed to test the patch. The update to Patch 6.2.2 added some additional data that we couldn’t add to the patch prior to the announcement of the next expansion.

This is just completely unacceptable, Neth. Blizzard is not going to win many of its lost customers back now. Ever.

I won't be bothering with the company's other games either because if WoW is being mismanaged this much they will be too.
08/13/2015 01:21 PMPosted by Gwendi
but it's a heck of a lot better than silence.

/rolleyes I already linked the Tweet earlier.

now months later

Is it after Aug 28th? No? Then it has not been months. Misinformation that cn esilly be proven does not help your cause.

"We genuinely don't care how many of you are getting pissed with us over our repeated refusal to give you any definitive answers about this."

Do you blame them? If something happens with the plan "You lied Blizz". Maybe when players understand the difference petween a plan and a promise.
Well, I hope they gave her a pay raise.
08/13/2015 01:21 PMPosted by Gwendi
but it's a heck of a lot better than silence.

/rolleyes I already linked the Tweet earlier.

now months later

Is it after Aug 28th? No? Then it has not been months. Misinformation that cn esilly be proven does not help your cause.

Do you blame them? If something happens with the plan "You lied Blizz". Maybe when players understand the difference petween a plan and a promise.
I must have missed the part in the tweet you linked where Coffee bird said that no definitive date could be given for the patch release.
08/13/2015 11:24 AMPosted by Shadow
They stated it would be in its own patch 6.2.1.

And where did you see this? All I ever saw was it would come in patch 6.2.x
08/13/2015 11:48 AMPosted by Jostlen
08/13/2015 11:24 AMPosted by Shadow
They stated it would be in its own patch 6.2.1.

source?

Is that what these forums have come to? Trolls trying to lie for blizzard?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19800551/dev-watercooler-flying-in-draenor-6-10-2015

"Players will remain ground-bound on Draenor until a small follow-up patch (6.2.x), when all players who have earned Draenor Pathfinder on at least one character will unlock the ability to fly in Draenor on all their level 90+ characters."

So before anyone else is obtuse, tell me, what about this patch on the PTR is now a "small follow up patch"?

You make this sound like a well thought out plan for how to handle flight implementation. However, I would say this statement should have been part of the initial communication, if this is in fact the truth. If, as I suspect, you are making this up as you go, then I would say that we are now past the point of trust in "words alone" for Blizzard.
08/13/2015 01:27 PMPosted by Gwendi
A man by the name of Alex Afrasiabi.

Firmly starting to believe that.

I almost feel like he's all mad players didn't "live up to" his vision of an expansion that was "so fun you wont' miss flight at all!".

When they announced that flight was gone forever, and the ensuing backlash forced them to immediately recant that statement, I feel like it may have made him rather bitter.

So now he's giving it as grudgingly as possible.

Stop stringing us along the patch should have been live a month ago. Ion said weeks not months but we all know what a liar he is now. Blizz used to be able to be trusted not anymore.

Seriously you guys have lost all credibility.
08/13/2015 01:28 PMPosted by Gwendi
I must have missed the part in the tweet you linked where Coffee bird said that no definitive date could be given for the patch release.
You missed the part where he said It was a name change and nothing had changed? That would include them not giving an exact date. Regardless, they have not been silent, you just ignored what was said.

08/13/2015 01:31 PMPosted by Cointreau
Ion said weeks not months but we all know what a liar he is now.

Is today the 28th? No? Then it has not been months. Looks like you are the liar :)
08/13/2015 01:24 PMPosted by Zones

There's no need to feel sorry for me. It's OK. We just felt it was worth answering the concerns people had about the change in the patch on the PTR.

Correct me if I am wrong, but what you're saying is that flight in itself is now delayed to test "additional data" that couldn't be added prior to the announcment of next expansion.

No, we're not saying it's been delayed, as I said in the previous post- "we wanted to reassure everyone that our development plans for the patch are still on track."