No 6.2.1?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 49 Next
08/13/2015 01:19 PMPosted by Nethaera
We’ve seen a lot of questions regarding patch 6.2.1 now being called 6.2.2. This change was by design and we wanted to reassure everyone that our development plans for the patch are still on track. Adding patch 6.2.1 to the PTR as early as possible gave us an opportunity to begin testing flying right away so that we could identify and squash any bugs that players could experience when they take to the skies of Draenor. With the patch being on the PTR as early as possible we also aimed to minimize the amount of time we needed to test the patch. The update to Patch 6.2.2 added some additional data that we couldn’t add to the patch prior to the announcement of the next expansion.

We know many want to know an exact date of when the patch will go live, but we’re not ready to share a specific date as of yet. We are, however, working to make sure the wait isn’t much longer.

Remember when weeks didn't mean months? I sure do. I just sure as hell hope Legion doesn't turn in to the pile that wod is in terms of zero communication piss poor patches.

You would think losing half of your playerbase blizzard would want to retain some people. Not saying flying at this point is going to turn anything around but some people have just been waiting such a minor patch. Sorry don't delay something because oh we want to add in xyz.
We’ve seen a lot of questions regarding patch 6.2.1 now being called 6.2.2. This change was by design and we wanted to reassure everyone that our development plans for the patch are still on track. Adding patch 6.2.1 to the PTR as early as possible gave us an opportunity to begin testing flying right away so that we could identify and squash any bugs that players could experience when they take to the skies of Draenor. With the patch being on the PTR as early as possible we also aimed to minimize the amount of time we needed to test the patch. The update to Patch 6.2.2 added some additional data that we couldn’t add to the patch prior to the announcement of the next expansion.

We know many want to know an exact date of when the patch will go live, but we’re not ready to share a specific date as of yet. We are, however, working to make sure the wait isn’t much longer.

Thank you! this was exactly the type of response I was hoping to see from Blizzard.
08/13/2015 01:32 PMPosted by Nethaera
No, we're not saying it's been delayed, as I said in the previous post- "we wanted to reassure everyone that our development plans for the patch are still on track."

So then what was preventing you from releasing this patch as is without bogging it down by including extra fluff?
No, we're not saying it's been delayed, as I said in the previous post- "we wanted to reassure everyone that our development plans for the patch are still on track."

It's either delayed or the original statement by Blizzard is a lie. Can't be both.

Flight was supposed to come in a "small follow up patch", one that would be quick and out within weeks.

Instead the patch has been becoming more and more bloated with things like Mercenary Mode and now the Legion things tacked on.

So yeah.
"we wanted to reassure everyone that our development plans for the patch are still on track."

In other words, Ion was lying through his teeth when he said "Weeks not months". Good to know.
We are, however, working to make sure the wait isn’t much longer.

Lets not beat around the bush here, if the devs really cared about the wait, they could have just released 6.2.1 (which was flagged as a release patch) with flying and then worked on 6.2.2. Holding up the flight with the Legion testing just feels like another passive aggressive move, and I'm honestly at a loss for trying to understand why the devs are so determined to poke at their obviously angry customer base over this.

Why was 6.2.1 marked Release last week then and then reverted to Testing now ?

Was the "Release" tag added by mistake or was the 6.2.2 being marked "Testing" the mistake ?

Because it does seem you have regressed somewhat by merging Flight/Merc with the additional data and that now what was in 6.2.1 is going to be delayed from the original plans on July 15th.
08/13/2015 01:10 PMPosted by Darcal
They actually said nothing has changed so what delay?

There is a perceived delay when a build that was release candidate and ready to go got pushed back because they decided they wanted to add more to it. It essentially was ready to go and now it's back to test realm because they decided it should be a bigger patch.

No matter how you look at it though, this is a flying delay. Weeks not months was most definitely talking about the flying patch, and that commitment absolutely got thrown out the window by spur of moment decision changes.
However, I also welcome the new content. Clearly they realize the game needs more content than what it already has and if a delay gets more of it, so be it. It still reflects poorly, even with best of intentions, when previous commitments aren't met. Especially when, per usual, it's shrouded in poor communication.
08/13/2015 01:28 PMPosted by Gwendi
I must have missed the part in the tweet you linked where Coffee bird said that no definitive date could be given for the patch release.
You missed the part where he said It was a name change and nothing had changed? That would include them not giving an exact date. Regardless, they have not been silent, you just ignored what was said.
In this thread, Nethaera addressed us directly, instead of using some third party site that you can't even properly link to because URLs don't work for us players who post unless a community manager edits our post to enable it. I don't understand why my thanking Nethaera for posting on the forums despite the negative backlash she might receive is a bad thing to you. I was polite in my post, and although I didn't get to hear what I wanted, I was still thankful that they said something.

Why is that a problem for you?
08/13/2015 01:36 PMPosted by Berith

Why was 6.2.1 marked Release last week then and then reverted to Testing now ?

Was the "Release" tag added by mistake or was the 6.2.2 being marked "Testing" the mistake ?

Because it does seem you have regressed somewhat by merging Flight/Merc with the additional data and that now what was in 6.2.1 is going to be delayed from the original plans on July 15th.

They changed their minds at the eleventh hour. They just don't want to admit it to their customers.

08/13/2015 01:34 PMPosted by Petersen
"we wanted to reassure everyone that our development plans for the patch are still on track."

In other words, Ion was lying through his teeth when he said "Weeks not months". Good to know.

When hasn't the guy lied through his teeth this expansion? He should go back to designing raid encounters and stop killing the rest of the game.

On track by what measure? Your current state understanding. Or the "weeks" which is now "months".

The refusal to even address the fact its taken longer than originally anticipated is frustrating. No wonder i'm the only one left logging into this game...

I think what everyone's asking is: couldn't flying have come in a patch by itself, separated from merc mode and the other stuff?

The concern stems from Ion's 'We're aiming for weeks, not months" on when 6.2.1 would go live appears to have been torpedoed by feature creep. It's development, it happens, but the whole flying thing (both now and with the change in how Pathfinder is going to work in Legion vs what we were told in the blog post about it) has become a particularly tender point within the community because it feels like there is always something coming up to prevent the devs from letting it happen.

Even if it is just a string of unfortunate coincidences creating the perception of something underhanded being afoot, which does happen from personal experience, the frustration from it is very real.
08/13/2015 01:34 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Flight was supposed to come in a "small follow up patch", one that would be quick and out within weeks.
Not what was said.It would not be months as in less than 2 month.

08/13/2015 01:38 PMPosted by Erzul
Or the "weeks" which is now "months".

No matter how many times you say this lie, it is not true.

08/13/2015 01:39 PMPosted by Bomdanil
The concern stems from Ion's 'We're aiming for weeks, not months" on when 6.2.1 would go live
He never mentioned 6.2.1. At that point, it was still 6.2.x.
Neth just wanted to say you're a big reason why i'm still subbed to this game, thank you for posting lately and keeping us in the loop about things! <3
08/13/2015 01:34 PMPosted by Petersen

Or, as I suspect, he had no idea at the time that all this extra crap was going to be added. Blizzard does seem to be one of those companies where no one has any idea what anyone else is doing at times.