No 6.2.1?

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 49 Next
There's no need to feel sorry for me. It's OK. We just felt it was worth answering the concerns people had about the change in the patch on the PTR.

Then answer the questions. Everyone knows the requirements for the meta. So this post did nothing but stir the pot. I am beginning to think that is Blizzards goal with the decisions that have been made over the last year or so.

No, we're not saying it's been delayed, as I said in the previous post- "we wanted to reassure everyone that our development plans for the patch are still on track."[/quote]

Then maybe you should have shared your plans prior to marking the patch we are waiting on as "release " then changing the patch number and adding a bunch of garbage in order to prolong the testing cycle.
08/13/2015 01:34 PMPosted by Zoppitybop
08/13/2015 01:32 PMPosted by Nethaera
No, we're not saying it's been delayed, as I said in the previous post- "we wanted to reassure everyone that our development plans for the patch are still on track."

So then what was preventing you from releasing this patch as is without bogging it down by including extra fluff?

We're still testing and making sure we identify and fix any last bugs involving flight. Releasing "as is" could have issues we haven't resolved go live which would just create a poor experience for people who have been looking forward to flying.

We understand the frustrations and passion for this topic coming from the community. As always, I would just ask that those who take time to discuss it remember to avoid violating the forum Code of Conduct and keep it clean.
08/13/2015 01:41 PMPosted by Nethaera
08/13/2015 01:34 PMPosted by Zoppitybop

So then what was preventing you from releasing this patch as is without bogging it down by including extra fluff?

We're still testing and making sure we identify and fix any last bugs involving flight. Releasing "as is" could have issues we haven't resolved go live which would just create a poor experience for people who have been looking forward to flying.

We understand the frustrations and passion for this topic coming from the community. As always, I would just ask that those who take time to discuss it remember to avoid violating the forum Code of Conduct and keep it clean.

Delay it as long as possible please.
Seriously. Who the hell is it at Blizzard that got such a burr up his or her !@# about flying?

Was it REALLY worth splitting your player base like Blizzard has done?
Was it REALLY worth the loss of all the trust and goodwill among anyone who gave a damn about flying?
Was it REALLY worth all the subs lost and will continue to be lost?

I'm an "I don't care if we can fly or not" kinda girl, but even I agree with this. This flying situation has effected WoW more negatively than I think any other issue I've seen in the last 10 years. I think people would have tolerated WOD not being a great expansion a lot more if flying was not an issue. It's sad to see.
Duh he said it'd be weeks not months to inflate sub numbers so their Q2 numbers wouldn't look as bad as it was. Now they'll delay it until sometime in september so people resub and inflate Q3 numbers. Isn't it obvious by now?
08/13/2015 01:32 PMPosted by Salesong
08/13/2015 01:19 PMPosted by Nethaera
We’ve seen a lot of questions regarding patch 6.2.1 now being called 6.2.2. This change was by design and we wanted to reassure everyone that our development plans for the patch are still on track. Adding patch 6.2.1 to the PTR as early as possible gave us an opportunity to begin testing flying right away so that we could identify and squash any bugs that players could experience when they take to the skies of Draenor. With the patch being on the PTR as early as possible we also aimed to minimize the amount of time we needed to test the patch. The update to Patch 6.2.2 added some additional data that we couldn’t add to the patch prior to the announcement of the next expansion.

We know many want to know an exact date of when the patch will go live, but we’re not ready to share a specific date as of yet. We are, however, working to make sure the wait isn’t much longer.

Remember when weeks didn't mean months? I sure do. I just sure as hell hope Legion doesn't turn in to the pile that wod is in terms of zero communication piss poor patches.

Confirmed, month and a half = months = the right to be obnoxious early?

You'll get it when it's ready.

No matter how many times you say this lie, it is not true.

Hang on. How many weeks does it need to be for you before the quote "weeks not month" is no longer valid? 12? 15? 18? 21?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Well don't take this the wrong way, but when we get called by Watcher in an interview "we think it will only be out in a couple of weeks" back in June, and it's now haflway through August, I think players have a right to be a little mad and cynical.
08/13/2015 01:43 PMPosted by Shapingus

You'll get it when it's ready.

Too bad they didn't follow that philosophy with WoD on the whole, eh?
We're still testing and making sure we identify and fix any last bugs

I'm all for taking your time since it sounds like a bunch of cool stuff was added in the last pass and I'm really looking forward to the pets, mounts, and holiday toys but fixing bugs doesn't seem to have been a cause for delaying much lately, considering all the bugs that end up going live despite being reported in betas and PTRs.
08/13/2015 01:19 PMPosted by Nethaera
We’ve seen a lot of questions regarding patch 6.2.1 now being called 6.2.2. This change was by design and we wanted to reassure everyone that our development plans for the patch are still on track. Adding patch 6.2.1 to the PTR as early as possible gave us an opportunity to begin testing flying right away so that we could identify and squash any bugs that players could experience when they take to the skies of Draenor. With the patch being on the PTR as early as possible we also aimed to minimize the amount of time we needed to test the patch. The update to Patch 6.2.2 added some additional data that we couldn’t add to the patch prior to the announcement of the next expansion.

We know many want to know an exact date of when the patch will go live, but we’re not ready to share a specific date as of yet. We are, however, working to make sure the wait isn’t much longer.

So what you are saying is that 'We lied to you' about the 'mini-patch' and we are stringing you along as long as we can until we can no longer accept the sub loss.

As it stands right now I can NOT justify recommending Wow to anyone, This expansion has proven unworthy of a recommendation.
As it stands right now I can NOT justify buying anything from the Blizzard Store, adding more and more things to the Blizzard Store while at the same time refusing to deliver what was already promised smells of Blizzard seeing customers as ATMs to be tapped and nothing more.
As it stands right now I absolutely will not be pre-ordering Legion, Why would I buy Legion with promised things from WOD not being delivered?
As it stands right now I am really and truly struggling to find a reason NOT to let my last of 3 accounts lapse.

My goodwill and enthusiasm has turned to disgust and rage. My patience with the outright deceptions and delays no longer exists.
My willingness to give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt is gone, and it has been replaced with the same skepticism that I treat political candidates and door to door salesmen.
08/13/2015 01:44 PMPosted by Morrie
Hang on. How many weeks does it need to be for you before the quote "weeks not month" is no longer valid? 12? 15? 18? 21?

It takes...2 months, note the "not months) part. Since this is not the 28th, it has not been 2 months.
Hm sometimes I wish there was a downvote option for blues...
I really hoped they would speed up the release of flight even if they could not tack merc mode and the legion stuff onto the same patch. Oh well I guess I should not be surprised.