No 6.2.1?

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 49 Next
08/13/2015 01:24 PMPosted by Zones
I gotta say, I really feel sorry for Neth. I appreciate them coming in to talk with us, but I'm sorry she keeps getting put into these bad situations.

There's no need to feel sorry for me. It's OK. We just felt it was worth answering the concerns people had about the change in the patch on the PTR.

Correct me if I am wrong, but what you're saying is that flight in itself is now delayed to test "additional data" that couldn't be added prior to the announcment of next expansion.

No, we're not saying it's been delayed, as I said in the previous post- "we wanted to reassure everyone that our development plans for the patch are still on track."

Reassuring -- at least somewhat -- to hear some official word about what's going on.

But do bear in mind that some of us feel that our trust has been abused. Prompt action would go a long way towards repairing the damage.
There's no need to feel sorry for me. It's OK. We just felt it was worth answering the concerns people had about the change in the patch on the PTR.

Then answer the questions. Everyone knows the requirements for the meta. So this post did nothing but stir the pot. I am beginning to think that is Blizzards goal with the decisions that have been made over the last year or so.

No, we're not saying it's been delayed, as I said in the previous post- "we wanted to reassure everyone that our development plans for the patch are still on track."

Then maybe you should have shared your plans prior to marking the patch we are waiting on as "release " then changing the patch number and adding a bunch of garbage in order to prolong the testing cycle.

Neth can't answer the questions. Neth can only tell us what she has been told. There is some weird stuff going on internally at Blizz right now and they are just throwing Neth at us to take all the heat.
08/13/2015 01:46 PMPosted by Cambriel
Hm sometimes I wish there was a downvote option for blues...

I bet they wish they could downvote players. :P
08/13/2015 01:24 PMPosted by Kohoo
08/13/2015 01:23 PMPosted by Murgatroyd

"We genuinely don't care how many of you are getting pissed with us over our repeated refusal to give you any definitive answers about this."

Got it.

They aren't giving an exact date because if it's not ready by that date WW3 may break out.

But the opening shots have been fired, the repeated lies and delays are those shots... and the remaining customers are the ones being shot at, like fish in a barrel.
08/13/2015 01:41 PMPosted by Nethaera
We're still testing and making sure we identify and fix any last bugs involving flight.

Yeah people cut them some slack. Flying is an ALL NEW feature for the game and it requires months and months of rigorous testing....oh wait, it's been in the game for 8 years or so and should have never been removed to begin with. How did the devs forget how to make the world with flight after it has been done for years?
How is the flying patch going to fix numbers? It isn't bringing anyone back. That would require actual new content. I mean there is nothing to do with flying other then level alts or maybe finally do Archaeology if you been putting it off.

Your not going to farm anything with professions being a waste. I am trying to understand why some players say so much is riding on WoD flight. Right now everything is riding on Legion. If a player is gone they are not coming back for anything less then the next expansion.

PERIOD!
08/13/2015 01:46 PMPosted by Darcal
08/13/2015 01:44 PMPosted by Morrie
Hang on. How many weeks does it need to be for you before the quote "weeks not month" is no longer valid? 12? 15? 18? 21?

It takes...2 months, note the "not months) part. Since this is not the 28th, it has not been 2 months.

For some reason I thought the interview was on June 13th. You're correct, my apologies. We shall see if it's out by the 28th, then.
08/13/2015 01:46 PMPosted by Lenthellann
Also just an FYI, I was on the PTR last night, flew from the Alliance garrison to the BMAH in Nagrand, then I flew from BRF to Spires and didn't encounter a single bug.

Stop lying to us Blizzard, we aren't as stupid as you think.

Flying from War Spear or Stormshield in the direction of Tanaan you get dismounted for being in the Ashran "combat zone", even though you fly straight from the southern most tip of Stormshield or the northern most tip of War Spear straight out into the water. Basically making it INCREDIBLY annoying to fly to or out of Stormshield or War Spear. So there are a few things they still need to change.
08/13/2015 01:46 PMPosted by Darcal
08/13/2015 01:44 PMPosted by Morrie
Hang on. How many weeks does it need to be for you before the quote "weeks not month" is no longer valid? 12? 15? 18? 21?

It takes...2 months, note the "not months) part. Since this is not the 28th, it has not been 2 months.

For a lot of people that could be interpreted differently.

Like, to me if someone was to come up to me and say "will get it sorted in a few weeks" I would naturally assume around about 3 weeks. Maybe a bit more maybe a bit less. But once you get past that month, you start to wonder what in the world is going on.

Like, they say they weren't going to postpone it to keep Tanaan dailies relevant on the ground, but when they do this merc mode thing in the same patch, I am a little frustrated. I think at this point, I want to do Tanaan stuff from the sky.
08/13/2015 01:32 PMPosted by Nethaera

I take it, then, that the patch was improperly labelled as release?

That pretty much led to everyone getting excited for finally having flight back. And then we see it's back to being labelled as test with more things being added to it.

I hope you can understand how it really makes it seem like the development team is trying to delay flight. Not the patch, but flight.
08/13/2015 01:46 PMPosted by Cambriel
Hm sometimes I wish there was a downvote option for blues...

Yeah, attack a CM for something she has not control of.
Looks like the spin machine is one of the few departments still working properly at Blizz, but the reality is wordsmiths only appear intelligent and sophisticated when the product lives up to the goals the developers claim.

I appreciate the news here on the native website, but it seems like this game's team is always falling short nowadays. Who's in charge over there?
08/13/2015 01:34 PMPosted by Zoppitybop

So then what was preventing you from releasing this patch as is without bogging it down by including extra fluff?

We're still testing and making sure we identify and fix any last bugs involving flight. Releasing "as is" could have issues we haven't resolved go live which would just create a poor experience for people who have been looking forward to flying.

We understand the frustrations and passion for this topic coming from the community. As always, I would just ask that those who take time to discuss it remember to avoid violating the forum Code of Conduct and keep it clean.

Why didn't you just do 6.2.1 - Flying, with 6.2.2. being Mercenary Mode and Legion Compatibility?

That would have been the right thing to do, and we would have had flying by now.
We're still testing and making sure we identify and fix any last bugs involving flight. Releasing "as is" could have issues we haven't resolved go live which would just create a poor experience for people who have been looking forward to flying.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Go to Outlands, and try to fly from Netherstorm to hellfire penensula, or from hellfire to old SMV, you'll smack your face into multiple invisible walls more likely then not.

Go to MOP, and try to fly over the gateway between the Vale and Kunai, you'll almost certainly get dismounted and fall to your death.

Absolute QA has never been a priority before with flying. But now, suddenly, when your community is raging for flight, jumped through ridiculous hoops you promised would give them to it, NOW suddenly it's top priority to cross every t and dot every i. Any flight bugs that havn't been found and fixed after this many weeks on the PTR are going to be so obscure that it will have almost no impact on most people's "flying experience". What bugs may remain could still be fixed in 6.2.2 if the devs really cared that much.

This is feeling like some sort of experiment or wager going on where at least some of the devs are trying to see how far they can poke the bear before all good-will is lost. I think it's clear too much has been lost already, but they seem determined to keep going down this road for some insane reason. I feel bad for the CMs like Neth who have to grasp at straws to spin this in a positive light.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

So then what was preventing you from releasing this patch as is without bogging it down by including extra fluff?

We understand the frustrations and passion for this topic coming from the community. As always, I would just ask that those who take time to discuss it remember to avoid violating the forum Code of Conduct and keep it clean.

You seem to be content with the flying bugs in the other continents however. So what difference does it really make. Nothing like flying over the rocks by the shrine only to get dismounted. Same deal with flying near wintergrasp. It's been that way for at least 2 years now. But they seem fine with that.
Hell I've been dismounted flying between hellfire and shadowmoon valley. It's been that way for as long as I can remember.

You guys say "We understand the frustrations and passion for this topic coming from the community" but you really don't otherwise they would stop pussyfooting around.
08/13/2015 01:44 PMPosted by Sinthndria

Well don't take this the wrong way, but when we get called by Watcher in an interview "we think it will only be out in a couple of weeks" back in June, and it's now haflway through August, I think players have a right to be a little mad and cynical.

Completely understandable. I don't think anyone on our end is unaware of the frustration that everyone has expressed. We'll keep doing what we can to keep everyone in the know.
08/13/2015 01:46 PMPosted by Lenthellann
Also just an FYI, I was on the PTR last night, flew from the Alliance garrison to the BMAH in Nagrand, then I flew from BRF to Spires and didn't encounter a single bug.

Stop lying to us Blizzard, we aren't as stupid as you think.

Oh, well you've proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that flying is flawless and there's no bugs. Thanks for all your hard work!

oh god a blue posted above me help what do i do
08/13/2015 01:53 PMPosted by Nethaera
Completely understandable. I don't think anyone on our end is unaware of the frustration that everyone has expressed. We'll keep doing what we can to keep everyone in the know.
I know this is pointless to say, but if you guys are truly aware of it, why not be a little more transparent about the same issue in Legion?