The Problem that is ( faction barriers )

General Discussion
if there is one thing i hate its this i want to a certin race the one i am on all sides and do other quests i know you hate seeing a thread that says the problem that is but that's why i put as such could you mention to devs about letting us have a possible repgrind to join the other faction :) be great if you did anyone else want this i do if so leave a comment down below if you want this
That is one long sentence.
08/29/2015 01:04 PMPosted by Mw
That is one long sentence.

ever been to auction irl :) this is nothing
they could make all blood elves alliance by default and give them a long questline to go horde.
common we all know you want a repgrind or an extremely long questline to defect :)
08/29/2015 01:09 PMPosted by Rozlek
they could make all blood elves alliance by default and give them a long questline to go horde.

Is it optional?
08/29/2015 01:34 PMPosted by Thedkmeleé
08/29/2015 01:09 PMPosted by Rozlek

Is it optional?
yes it would be it be like the scryers and aldor rep grinds were you can switch at anytime but its a pain to switch though
Why would Blood Elves be Alliance? They've been rejected by the majority of the Alliance races due to past/present actions.

Reputation is one thing, belonging to a completely different faction and abandoning your people is another.
08/29/2015 01:42 PMPosted by Rotkäppchen
Why would Blood Elves be Alliance? They've been rejected by the majority of the Alliance races due to past/present actions.

Reputation is one thing, belonging to a completely different faction and abandoning your people is another.
maybe some people killed someone on "accident" and horde wont forget or something like that ally side
Faction lines are arbitrary at this point. The war only goes on because Blizzard comes up with a half-assed reason for it to continue, even when all around us the world is falling apart.

End of Siege: Garrosh and his "true horde" is defeated, Vol'jin takes up the mantle of Warchief. The Alliance and the Horde worked together to make this happen.

There will always be animosity between the factions, but after the ending to Siege, there should have been zero reason for the "war" to start again over an Ogre artifact on Draenor. Azeroth was just invaded and the threat is still supposedly very real, and yet we're fighting a pointless war over a rock somewhere when we've cut ourselves off from our main host of troops, on both factions?

Legion almost assuredly will be worse. The legion is invading MU Azeroth again, in a larger force than we have ever seen, supposedly. Are you telling me we're still going to be warring with the opposite faction when this is going on?

At this point in the Warcraft story, the two factions should be neutral to each other. I'm not crazy, becoming one faction or leaving your race to join the other faction is too much. But I should be able to walk into Orgrimmar if I so desire, perhaps with some NPCs flinging insults, like a lesser version of the DK quests [ideally, only displayed to the character, so as to not spam]. I should be able to run HFC with the Horde. It makes no sense not to work together in that effort. I should be able to communicate with the Horde out in the world, provided we're both speaking in Common. Heck, this would give the racial languages a reason to exist again, and make the mage glyph that much more interesting.
*Orcs and Nelfs slap each other furiously over trees as Infernal raindown around them*