blizzard gone MIA till legion?

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
haven't been to many blue posts or talk from the devs are they gonna be MIA till blizzcon/legion
They're just hiding out and hoping the WoD failure will blow over.

*Offers tin foil hat*
Seems like they have been MIA since the infamous "6.1 is a major content patch" interview.
*covered in blood*

I didn't do it. No one saw me do it. There's no way you can prove anything.
09/13/2015 03:09 AMPosted by Freezeh
haven't been to many blue posts or talk from the devs are they gonna be MIA till blizzcon/legion

Considering the general mentality on the forums and how they are treated, I'd keep a low profile too.
They're here plenty. Just because they aren't posting in your pet thread doesn't mean they aren't reading the forums.

Of course, they're not going to post anything on Sunday morning. They do have lives, you know.
It's like when that girl you been seeing that you like a lot stops responding to your texts.
No sorry, the team is bigger than ever.

Blizzard shop Dev Team:210

Art, content, community management, coding, design, testing, etc: 10

I have people outright posting BG carries, Arena carries, and Glory Achievements for real money on my general/trade chat.

And the tivcket turnaround is something like 17 hours. Yep, nobody's home. Can't imagine why they would ever lose subs? Oh, it's the normal ebb and flow...blah blah blah. Their clients are speaking with their wallets and they're brain dead at the controls.
09/13/2015 03:13 AMPosted by Karinya
Seems like they have been MIA since the infamous "6.1 is a major content patch" interview.
wanna take a seflie?
instagram that pic!
09/13/2015 03:22 AMPosted by Chrysant
It's like when that girl you been seeing that you like a lot stops responding to your texts.
I hate when they do that.
Nothing much to talk about till then, so yeah.
09/13/2015 03:18 AMPosted by Sotakun
09/13/2015 03:09 AMPosted by Freezeh

Considering the general mentality on the forums and how they are treated, I'd keep a low profile too.

Dealing with the customers is my job. But dealing with the difficult ones hurts my bum. So I'm going to stand over here so they can't see me.

Oh yeah, when is payday?
They are around. I have seen posts in other forums. I am sure they are not going to say much in regards to Legion though until Blizzcon.
09/13/2015 04:46 AMPosted by Amidalah
They are around. I have seen posts in other forums. I am sure they are not going to say much in regards to Legion though until Blizzcon.

And that's probably their best decision. The 3rd party site interviews are contradictory, so when a CM does come in to post, s/he gets hammered from every side about the inconsistencies. Or a CM will respond to a post with a vague, obscure piece of half-information and get hammered from every side about it.

It's actually in THEIR best interests, and ours, that they cut back on what they say. At least until they can get the designers, developers, and CM's working off the same page. Best for them as it cuts down on the verbal abuse; best for us because we have less to stress over and can simply bide our time to actually see what the new product is before plunking down coin-of-the-realm for it.
09/13/2015 03:26 AMPosted by Pharsalus
Not to go all "real world", but since they are a multi-billion dollar company, the excuse "they have lives" doesn't fly.

I'm not aware of a whole heck of a lot of companies with marketing/publicity units that work 24/7.

The forums are a marketing tool. The CMs work for publicity.

And the idea that people have lives shouldn't ever be a foreign idea.
09/13/2015 05:05 AMPosted by Crepe
09/13/2015 03:26 AMPosted by Pharsalus
Not to go all "real world", but since they are a multi-billion dollar company, the excuse "they have lives" doesn't fly.

I'm not aware of a whole heck of a lot of companies with marketing/publicity units that work 24/7.

The forums are a marketing tool. The CMs work for publicity.

And the idea that people have lives shouldn't ever be a foreign idea.

You must not know of many companies outside of Blizzard then. I could go talk to a Comcast or AT&T rep on their forums or chat rooms any time of day or night. Netflix reps are more then happy to talk to you any time of day or night.

It can't be too hard for Blizzard to find someone willing to be paid to make excuses for them on their forums could it?

And of course you should live your lives. No ones saying you should just be worked to death day and night, but that's why you have a staff on hand. So you can continue to keep touch with the player base without working people to death.