blizzard gone MIA till legion?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
09/13/2015 12:09 PMPosted by Apocalypso
I appreciate what the MVPs are trying to say, though I believe they are ignoring the fact that there has been far fewer interactions than previous.

Sure, the occasional blue response pops up from time to time, but they have truly become fewer and farther between. I cannot see how there is any denying this. I generally look for blue posts each day because I'd rather hear straight from them over the speculation and conjecture of biased forum posters.

IMO, they are a bit gun-shy at the moment. They really do get jumped on when they DO post. They are admonished for what they say and for what the do NOT say.

In short; I feel they might want to be more active, but at the end of the day, it just seems to cause more drama than its worth. So, they are taking the silent approach in order to prevent adding fuel to the already raging fire.

Obviously, there are those who only become more enraged with the relative silence, but that seems to be the choice they have made.

Kinda funny when Ghostcrawler has more to say about WoW these days (see MMO-champ) than the very Devs who create it and the CMs who act as the liasons.

Either way, hopefully they will be more forthcoming once they can start really talking about Legion. I fear the WoD is a net loss and there isn't much to be said or done about it.

Mhm. If they would post more often, though, it would take some of the edge off the players, because it wouldn't be so ridiculously surprising to see a blue post. I mean, obviously they'd have to take care with what they post, because people can and will take things they say out of context and whatnot. But at the same time, the posts don't even have to be about the game itself. I kinda wish they'd just come and chill with us, partake in some discussions that go on, give their opinions on things like what's their favorite boss encounter or something. It's not so much the lack of info that is a problem, honestly. I know they have to stay on the d-low with Legion updates and stuff. What we need is a presence. That's all.
09/13/2015 12:38 PMPosted by Corlia

The company still doesn't see whats wrong and wants to ignore it.

I think they always saw what was wrong, it just didn't matter as long as they were making money. Now that they've lost half their subscribers, the micro transactions (paid server/faction changes, pets, mounts etc) aren't enough to make up for it anymore. I think they FINALLY realize now how they've torpedoed the game this expansion, but whether or not they'll do anything quickly about it is another matter.

People are fed up the Company really needs to get it's act together and install trust again with the players but after so long I think that's going to be impossible now.

It's not impossible, but it will take some owning up. They'll have to admit to a lot of their mistakes and roll back some features and changes that everyone knew would hurt the game but Blizzard didn't want to listen (ie. cross-realm phasing, connected realms, faction balance, progression system etc). It's going to take a LOT.

Some have said to me they feel the company wants the game to fail and in some ways I am thinking the same.

I'm not sure they want it to fail. I think they see that it's likely to be in the declining side of its life-cycle and they're determined not so much to keep the game as good as they can, but rather cash in on it as much as possible before it finally dies.
they keep saying tiny details off and on.
last info was spec reworks hints
specs being renamed and resources being renamed.
Not even close to enough. Players need content and a pvp overhaul in the near term. They're not going to wait until Legion for it. I'm not. I'm already unsubscribed.
09/13/2015 03:18 AMPosted by Sotakun
Considering the general mentality on the forums and how they are treated, I'd keep a low profile too.

well when you start giving the customers reason to be upset its hard not to get treated badly
do they deserve it probably not but they caused these actions by hiding under their desks and staying silent when players voice their opinions about things that they arent happy about
It's always fun to jump to Blizzard shaming but sometimes common sense is a more logical answer than jumping to "well obviously Blizzard just doesn't give a single damn about us". WoD is over with (excluding a transition patch to legion) so I doubt they have anything to talk about with WoD at this point, minus some minor patch stuff that they usually talk about in interviews on MMO-champion or some other website.

And with legion, they said all that they're willing to say about it for the time being. If they start telling us about features they don't feel confident talking about we'll have a WoD 2.0 on our hands where players are being told about cool stuff that won't make it to launch.
09/13/2015 03:19 AMPosted by Fortuna
They're here plenty. Just because they aren't posting in your pet thread doesn't mean they aren't reading the forums.

Of course, they're not going to post anything on Sunday morning. They do have lives, you know.

just think of all the millions swimming around that night you was the survivor... what as waste
09/13/2015 01:31 PMPosted by Wazulz
It's always fun to jump to Blizzard shaming but sometimes common sense is a more logical answer than jumping to "well obviously Blizzard just doesn't give a single damn about us".

Common sense would dictate that Blizzard shaming is the next logical step. The problems we're seeing now didn't happen overnight. Things like the pvp racial imbalances and the faction transfers were complained about for years and Blizzard was warned to no ends about them from the beginning. The death of server communities was a foregone conclusion when Blizzard decided to value convenience and ease over everything else. There's no mystery about what went wrong and where.

WoD is over with (excluding a transition patch to legion) so I doubt they have anything to talk about with WoD at this point, minus some minor patch stuff that they usually talk about in interviews on MMO-champion or some other website.

That's too bad, because that sort of news is what's going to put the population <3 million fast. It'll be interesting to see what their next subscription report says.

And with legion, they said all that they're willing to say about it for the time being. If they start telling us about features they don't feel confident talking about we'll have a WoD 2.0 on our hands where players are being told about cool stuff that won't make it to launch.

It's less about new stuff and more about fixing broken stuff. We want broken stuff fixed. New features are cool and all, but if the game still sucks none of us really care.
09/13/2015 05:05 AMPosted by Crepe
09/13/2015 03:26 AMPosted by Pharsalus
Not to go all "real world", but since they are a multi-billion dollar company, the excuse "they have lives" doesn't fly.

I'm not aware of a whole heck of a lot of companies with marketing/publicity units that work 24/7.

The forums are a marketing tool. The CMs work for publicity.

And the idea that people have lives shouldn't ever be a foreign idea.

This MVP supports blizzard no matter what they do. he is really an undercover blizz worker, imo.
09/13/2015 02:41 PMPosted by Eternalchaos

I'm not aware of a whole heck of a lot of companies with marketing/publicity units that work 24/7.

This MVP supports blizzard no matter what they do. he is really an undercover blizz worker, imo.

Again you know nothing

RealID
Flight
Lack of WoD content

That's why he's a MVP
09/13/2015 02:43 PMPosted by Pizza

That's why he's a MVP

you hit the nail on the head. you have to sign a contract to suck up to blizzard before becoming an MVP.
09/13/2015 09:36 AMPosted by Mandrel
09/13/2015 08:53 AMPosted by Inja
Lore said in one post that they barely even look at the forums due to all the hatred and negativity.

If you wanna find out some information, use Twitter.

I want to see any other company get away with this. It just blows my mind. "I'm sorry you're unhappy with that TV you just bought sir. But our customer service is closed because they don't like all the negativity. Maybe you could Tweet a technician on his private account and if he's in the mood he'll help you."

The forum blues (for the most part) are not Customer Service. The people that deal with the "broken TV" complaints are GMs via the ticket system. I'm pretty sure when you speak to the TV company, you get a customer service rep, and not the designer of the TV or the person who writes their ads.
It's quite amusing how much disdain there is for MVPs, despite them just being regular players.
09/13/2015 02:48 PMPosted by Teneea
It's quite amusing how much disdain there is for MVPs, despite them just being regular players.

It's like no one even notices MVPs except to make fun of them for saying nice things about Blizzard.

Though it probably doesn't help that Crepe is the most active MVP on GD and he's generally positive.
09/13/2015 01:44 PMPosted by Alatareith
09/13/2015 03:19 AMPosted by Fortuna
They're here plenty. Just because they aren't posting in your pet thread doesn't mean they aren't reading the forums.

Of course, they're not going to post anything on Sunday morning. They do have lives, you know.

just think of all the millions swimming around that night you was the survivor... what as waste

hahahahah nice!!
09/13/2015 03:13 AMPosted by Karinya
Seems like they have been MIA since the infamous "6.1 is a major content patch" interview.
Nah Ion was repeatedly lying on twitter about what he said re: flying not too long ago.
09/13/2015 02:48 PMPosted by Teneea

Because in the face of reason and logic, the MVPs always side with Blizzard. So, it just stands to reason that their objectivity will be brought into question. MVPs seem to have been bought and paid for by Blizzard. They will explain anything away on the behalf of Blizzard.

Maybe the MVPs can look into working for Hillary's campaign; I hear they need some good ppl to explain away her current fiasco, and they would be good at it.