blizzard gone MIA till legion?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
09/13/2015 05:41 AMPosted by Eraisuithonn
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I'm not aware of a whole heck of a lot of companies with marketing/publicity units that work 24/7.

The forums are a marketing tool. The CMs work for publicity.

And the idea that people have lives shouldn't ever be a foreign idea.

You must not know of many companies outside of Blizzard then. I could go talk to a Comcast or AT&T rep on their forums or chat rooms any time of day or night. Netflix reps are more then happy to talk to you any time of day or night.

It can't be too hard for Blizzard to find someone willing to be paid to make excuses for them on their forums could it?

And of course you should live your lives. No ones saying you should just be worked to death day and night, but that's why you have a staff on hand. So you can continue to keep touch with the player base without working people to death.

Not only are Comcast and AT&T public utilities that are under government oversight, but we pay a whole lot more for their services than we do to play Wow. Unless, of course, you think Blizz should ratchet up our monthly subscription fee to match Comcast's in order to pay for 24/7 customer service?

In any event, pubic utilities should have much broader and more extensive customer service than video games. Wow crashes, it's no big deal in the general scheme of things. An ISP/telephone provider crashes, it could become a matter of life or death. At the very least it would cause chaos for businesses, the government, and homes alike who depend upon internet and phone service for their day to day activities.

Edited to add that the CMs usually grow rather quiet in the couple of months leading up to Blizzcon. It's the same on the D3 forums, and most likely Hearthstone's and HotS' too. Not because there's a dearth of issues to discuss, but because they're busy with all the effort and work it takes to put together a massive convention, especially since they're probably shorthanded with Bashiok's departure.
09/13/2015 02:47 PMPosted by Eternalchaos
you hit the nail on the head. you have to sign a contract to suck up to blizzard before becoming an MVP.

09/13/2015 02:41 PMPosted by Eternalchaos
MVP supports blizzard no matter what they do.

oh you think so? just ask Snowfox and Huggywuggles
09/13/2015 03:08 PMPosted by Hackur
09/13/2015 02:47 PMPosted by Eternalchaos
you hit the nail on the head. you have to sign a contract to suck up to blizzard before becoming an MVP.

09/13/2015 02:41 PMPosted by Eternalchaos
MVP supports blizzard no matter what they do.

ok. where do I find them?
09/13/2015 05:05 AMPosted by Crepe
09/13/2015 03:26 AMPosted by Pharsalus
Not to go all "real world", but since they are a multi-billion dollar company, the excuse "they have lives" doesn't fly.

I'm not aware of a whole heck of a lot of companies with marketing/publicity units that work 24/7.

What is this life?

WOW is life!
09/13/2015 03:18 PMPosted by Amaer
09/13/2015 05:05 AMPosted by Crepe

What is this life?

WOW is life!

Wow is Pepe.

Pepe is life.
09/13/2015 03:18 AMPosted by Sotakun
Considering the general mentality on the forums and how they are treated, I'd keep a low profile too.

Right. Cause I'm sure any other job that forces people to deal with the public will let them hide "cause waaaa, people are mean".

Consider the fact of LoL's reputation, they still manage to interact with the community on an incredibly regular basis, with their Devs answering questions on Ask.fm, Reddit or even on their own forums and not just fluff questions, every other day.

WoW's Community Management as a whole is an absolute disgrace.

I don't remember Snow going against Blizzard a lot. But that's because they might not have posted in topics where they'd disagree with Blizzards stance on things.

Huggy was a white knight through and through though.
09/13/2015 03:28 PMPosted by Awkwardz
Considering the general mentality on the forums and how they are treated, I'd keep a low profile too.

Right. Cause I'm sure any other job that forces people to deal with the public will let them hide "cause waaaa, people are mean".

Consider the fact of LoL's reputation, they still manage to interact with the community on an incredibly regular basis, with their Devs answering questions on Ask.fm, Reddit or even on their own forums and not just fluff questions, every other day.

WoW's Community Management as a whole is an absolute disgrace.

I don't remember Snow going against Blizzard a lot. But that's because they might not have posted in topics where they'd disagree with Blizzards stance on things.

And LoL players complain that no one listens to them and there's very little communication.
09/13/2015 03:10 PMPosted by Eternalchaos

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/search?f=post&a=Snowfox%40Nazjatar&sort=time

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/search?f=post&a=Huggywuggles%40Antonidas&sort=time

Snowfox decided to not be an MVP some time ago, and Huggy straight up quit playing in June
09/13/2015 03:28 PMPosted by Awkwardz

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17908690989?page=81#1611

I'm going to have to disagree with your characterization. Overall Huggy has a pretty positive demeanor, but he was honest about what was bad and what wasn't.
09/13/2015 03:35 PMPosted by Timondrius
09/13/2015 03:10 PMPosted by Eternalchaos

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/search?f=post&a=Snowfox%40Nazjatar&sort=time

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/search?f=post&a=Huggywuggles%40Antonidas&sort=time

Snowfox decided to not be an MVP some time ago, and Huggy straight up quit playing in June

Well, that just kinda proves my point that all MVPs suck up to blizzard, or they aren't MVPs anymore. They either resign from that position or quit.
09/13/2015 03:09 AMPosted by Freezeh
haven't been to many blue posts or talk from the devs are they gonna be MIA till blizzcon/legion

Blizzard deserves the hate. I'm not saying the CM's do because they aren't the ones calling the shots, but Mike Morhaime definitely deserves to have rotten tomatoes thrown at him at blizzcon because of this. If you work at a restaurant and a customer orders something, you don't get to take their money, give them a fraction of the food they ordered and expect to not have trouble. That's not how the world works.
09/13/2015 04:10 PMPosted by Moosafa

Blizzard deserves the hate. I'm not saying the CM's do because they aren't the ones calling the shots, but Mike Morhaime definitely deserves to have rotten tomatoes thrown at him at blizzcon because of this. If you work at a restaurant and a customer orders something, you don't get to take their money, give them a fraction of the food they ordered and expect to not have trouble. That's not how the world works.

We got exactly what was advertised. Not Blizzard fault you made assumptions.
09/13/2015 02:54 PMPosted by Eternalchaos
09/13/2015 02:48 PMPosted by Teneea
It's quite amusing how much disdain there is for MVPs, despite them just being regular players.

Because in the face of reason and logic, the MVPs always side with Blizzard. So, it just stands to reason that their objectivity will be brought into question. MVPs seem to have been bought and paid for by Blizzard. They will explain anything away on the behalf of Blizzard.

Maybe the MVPs can look into working for Hillary's campaign; I hear they need some good ppl to explain away her current fiasco, and they would be good at it.

Do you have anything else to do other than talk !@#$ about other players?

Good god.
09/13/2015 03:19 AMPosted by Fortuna
They're here plenty. Just because they aren't posting in your pet thread doesn't mean they aren't reading the forums.

Of course, they're not going to post anything on Sunday morning. They do have lives, you know.

From the blue tracker thingy at the top of the forums page, they haven't posted in over a week... 9 days actually, so the "it's Sunday; they have lives" thing isn't even relevant.

Besides, most companies that provide a 24/7 service hire people to work weekends or have people trade days off, so someone is on the clock over the weekend. Hell, they could take turns working from home on the weekend, just have someone check in.
09/13/2015 05:07 PMPosted by Katyia
From the blue tracker thingy at the top of the forums page, they haven't posted in over a week... 9 days actually, so the "it's Sunday; they have lives" thing isn't even relevant.

3 days ago in the sticky at the top of this forum http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18704215399#14
09/13/2015 04:22 PMPosted by Pharsalus
Also, you better believe if I was paying Blizzard what I paid my cable company, or my internet provider, or my cell phone company, and I COULDN'T get in contact with them because my service crashed - AGAIN, or was spotty or any other number of things that happen in game that we have become "used to", yeah, they'd be getting an earful.

That is exactly my point. If I paid the same amount to Blizz as I do to AT&T, then I too would expect much more in terms of service. Though for me to actually pay that much to play a video game, said game would have to have a holodeck at the very least.

Having said that they make 75 Million dollars a month in subscription fees. I'm sure somewhere in that pile of cash they could find some pocket change to pay a couple of people to post a little more regularly than is the case now.

AT&T, Comcast and the other communication companies get a whole lot more than $75 million a month. They have the finances to support 24/7 customer service. And while 75 mil is a lot, I bet a look at Blizz's Annual Report would show a lot of that being spent again on costs associated with the game.

In any event, we're talking apples and nectarines. The CMs aren't customer service reps. Blizz has those and, last I heard, there are swing and graveyard shifts. Having the CMs post more often will not make our gaming experience better. It won't cause tickets to be answered faster. It won't make tech problems go away. All it would do is make the general discussion forum goers (who constitute a very small portion of the player base) a little happier. Maybe.

Or maybe not.

I remember when Ghostcrawler posted regularly. The forums were just as cranky then as they are now.

And sure, sure, nobody leaves because of bad Blizzard customer service. But 44% of the subscriber base hasn't checked out the past six months because they're uniformly happy either.

I think the decline in the player base has much more to do with lack of level-cap content and changing demographics in Asia (where most of the decline happened) than the frequency of CM posts on North America's general forum.
09/13/2015 05:20 PMPosted by Ryaskybird

I think the decline in the player base has much more to do with lack of level-cap content and changing demographics in Asia (where most of the decline happened) than the frequency of CM posts on North America's general forum.

It's a lot more than just a lack of content. It's overall game design decisions that have been snowballing since Wrath and which, for various reasons, went critical in WoD. Garrisons, for example, were the nail in the coffin for server communities which were already in deep decline since the end of Wrath/start of Cata.
what annoys me when blizz employees answer questions at blizzcon or in Q&A's they just try to make Jokes and not give people straight answers