Reasons to Play a Fire Mage

Mage
Are there even any?
It's amazing that's why.
Fire mage is fun as hell to play

it is a blast

playing fire mage ignites my excitement.

ok... shutting up now... (all puns are intentional)
fire mage is for the lols
You can play fire if you like it in normal/heroic HFC, just don't epxect to be top of the meters except for 2-3 fights
Funzies.
You get to burn things.

...I don't think you'd ever need another reason, honestly.
Amazes me how the "fun spec" for mages is the most !@#$ to play for raiding, I love that philosophy from Blizzard.. FUN = BAD
Mobile, and procs for days. Not to mention two shotting someone sometimes is fun.
08/27/2015 10:57 AMPosted by Raizon
Amazes me how the "fun spec" for mages is the most !@#$ to play for raiding, I love that philosophy from Blizzard.. FUN = %^-*

literally just two months ago fire was the #1 spec for the majority of fights in BRF. Things cycle, what goes up will eventually come down, fire will will be on top again in Legion I'm sure
Fire mages had there 15 minutes of fame then back to bottom LOL

Why not make all specs for Mages competitive with each other especially for single target fights and let skill decide the top dog? Whats the big deal?
Fire has been the dominant raiding spec for mages for the vast majority of the last 10 years. BRF was hardly a "15 minutes of fame"
Good point

Like i said though, what;s the point of cycling, make all Mage specs equal damge wise and let skill decide top dps.
08/27/2015 12:00 PMPosted by Raizon
make all Mage specs equal

because thats impossible
Frost and Arcane seem to be competitive with each other right now, why not fire?
Let's hope the new talent system will have choices to allow the Fire mages to sacrifice cleave for more single target focus. That way they could be just as competitive in fights where their cleaves aren't going to help much.
dragon breath crits